Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banana Splits

Options
  • 05-07-2011 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭

I just loved Fleagle, Bingo, Snork and Drooper from the Banana Splits cartoon. Still do, but even folk my age say they cannot remember them?
    I know I was very young when they were on TV, but then they must have been too. Even the theme tune was catchy, anyone agree???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i remember it, used to sing the song all the time in the school playground......."one banana two banana three banana four........" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭whatswhat

fryup wrote: »
    i remember it, used to sing the song all the time in the school playground......."one banana two banana three banana four........" :)

Four bananas make a bunch and so do many more......
    Thank you for restoring my faith!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

the makers must have been on LSD, cause if i remember rightly the show had a psychedelic hippy vibe to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

Yeah, it was a bit Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds alright.

The punk version...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I remember it well:), great show. Thanks for the clip Rubik. Weren't cartoons on during the show? "The Arabian Knights" and "Valley of the Dinosaurs" spring to mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stone roses

loved it jasus it would bring a tear to your eye thinking about those care free days as a nipper!! banana splits rock!! LoL :-P

Ann22 wrote: »
    I remember it well:), great show. Thanks for the clip Rubik. Weren't cartoons on during the show? "The Arabian Knights" and "Valley of the Dinosaurs" spring to mind.

Cartoons were on during the show and I think it was Arabian Knights that my sister loved. I remember a character in it used to be able to change itself, by shouting out stuff, then it would happen. Dad was not impressed with her one Sunday morning in the middle of Mass, when she shouted out "Size of an Elephant". :)

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

group1.jpg

Loved them when I was a kid!! Used to jump for joy when I'd hear the theme tune! Reckon Bingo was my favourite....with Fleegle a close second!!:D

Gridlock wrote: »
    group1.jpg

Loved them when I was a kid!! Used to jump for joy when I'd hear the theme tune! Reckon Bingo was my favourite....with Fleegle a close second!!:D

I agree, but you had to love Droopers spot in the show, "Dear Drooper" where he would read out readers letters to him for advice, he always told them something really funny! Oh Happy Days!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I haven't seen it, but that's a very dark movie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,716 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Bought the LP back in the 1990s

38561_140149172674477_8178415_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_eui2=AeEo1W8r1PNpOKpGsmm7QQzyl0kn6MscL2xcWIbNAbDSEV8E2TKeFietfqf6wa2pHh1Eib59xIPbw4TmG0aljcv55ocq0-Dy1M8mKBbHrwme0A&_nc_oc=AQk3plsdVmYC4rN5IBk_JEyw8QHJ7ABmOOulKkbo5ofGk9CpOUfvH-hGr4_Lb60a0lA&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-1.fna&oh=5f00a2021b1afde86e7f5fcb73b7a69d&oe=5DD61A42

Advertisement