Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biomedical science in Uk

Options
  • 01-08-2019 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Looking for advice on whether to repeat or do biomedical science in the uk next year.
    I did my leaving cert this year and am not feeling confident in my results. I applied for cork for biomed but I just don’t see myself getting it.
    So I need to make a plan just incase.
    I was wondering if I did biomed I’m the uk does it qualify me to work in Ireland and would the biomed course In the uk be similar to Ireland ?
    Or would I be better off repeating?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Sb567 wrote: »
    Looking for advice on whether to repeat or do biomedical science in the uk next year.
    I did my leaving cert this year and am not feeling confident in my results. I applied for cork for biomed but I just don’t see myself getting it.
    So I need to make a plan just incase.
    I was wondering if I did biomed I’m the uk does it qualify me to work in Ireland and would the biomed course In the uk be similar to Ireland ?
    Or would I be better off repeating?

Why are you not confident of your results?
    Did you work hard enough?
    Did you have enough intelligence?
    Are you sure its what you want to do for the next 50 years?
    Can you repeat?
    Would you be happy doing your second choice?
    When you get out into the work place, people ask less questions where you studied and more questions what is your experience and what did your previous employer say about you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭granturismo

Contact the AMLS re recognition of UK qualifications;

https://www.acslm.ie/

There is an MSc course in Kevin St open to graduates with a related biological degree.
    https://www.dit.ie/studyatdit/postgraduate/taughtprogrammes/allcourses/dt236pptmscinclinicallaboratoryscience.html
    This seems to qualify you to work in a hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Martina1991

The points for the same course in GMIT are much less than in CIT/UCC.

Is that on your CAO list?

Advertisement