Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Champix aka Chantix/Varenicline

1363738394042»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Just posting so not to start a new thread.
    Started yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Jeff2 wrote: »
    Just posting so not to start a new thread.
    Started yesterday.
    How are you getting on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

Harpy wrote: »
    Started champix last week.. haven't felt like Fag today so haven't smoked, so debating here now whether to make today my give up day or not..
    Off them 10 weeks now.. stopped taking the champix after about 3 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

Was on them a few years back. Great for giving up the smokes - effortless and easy, you just find you don't really want them anymore. But unfortunately they triggered a depressive episode in me before long so I had to go off them, and then before long back came the smokes.

I'm making a serious attempt at kicking them now only a few years later.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 gledge

I'm on Champix for the second time, worked great first time was off for 3 months but had one on a night out thinking i could "have the one". Obviously not the case! Does anyone have any experience second time around, is it easier/ harder? Have had to pilfer a few pills off people and only taking 1mg a day...day 7 in and today is my quit day (36 tablets remaining in my stash)...so far so good. Should I bite the bullet and go get prescription or have people had succses with just over a month?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭DMCC71

Well done everyone!!!! I am smoke free 5 1/2 years now and I really believe that this thread helped me as much as the champix.
    Now I don’t even think about smoking and the usual triggers have faded into the background and it has been that way for a long time!!!
    Keep up the good work, it is really worth it!

Advertisement