Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Maintenance or service of a EV (Nissan Leaf)

Options
  • 02-01-2019 6:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Trying to get my home work completed before booking a service call with a garage.

Whats the recommended way of doing this ?
    Can anyone recommend a Nissan garage for a L24 service.
    Whats included or what the garage has to do as part of a regular maintenance /service,please.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

rolion wrote: »
    Hello,

Trying to get my home work completed before booking a service call with a garage.

Whats the recommended way of doing this ?
    Whats included or what the garage has to do as part of a regular maintenance /service,please.

Thanks

Make sure they use genuine Nissan Leaf oil and fuel filters....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

If the L24 is out of warranty I would recommend a new cabin air filter every 2nd year and then make sure the final drive fluid is changed every 160k km. And then just keep an eye on the brake disk corrosion and brake pad thickness every so often and check the tyres for uneven wear. And grease the hinges and latches every year.

There is literally nothing to service on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Pkiernan wrote: »
    Make sure they use genuine Nissan Leaf oil and fuel filters....

AND...it has to be for L24 god forbid using the L40 type... (otherwise i have to empty of air my wine bottle)
    samih wrote: »
    If the L24 is out of warranty I would recommend a new cabin air filter every 2nd year and then make sure the final drive fluid is changed every 160k km. And then just keep an eye on the brake disk corrosion and brake pad thickness every so often and check the tyres for uneven wear. And grease the hinges and latches every year.

There is literally nothing to service on them.

Ok,make sense.
    What about software upgrades or recalls,any of them done by Irish dealers ?
    Thanks

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

AND...it has to be for L24 god forbid using the L40 type... (otherwise i have to empty of air my wine bottle)

Ok,make sense.
    What about software upgrades or recalls,any of them done by Irish dealers ?
    Thanks

No recalls out there.
    No software updates out there either.

Once you change the cabin filter and the brake fluid everything else is a visual check that can be done by yourself, NCT or any mechanic.

I won’t be going back to Nissan now that my warranty is up.
    Either way, there’s only 2 types of services available.

The yearly and the bi-yearly. The bi-yearly does the cabin filter and brake fluid.
    The yearly is a glorified NCT.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Brake fluid every two years seems a bit excessive? I thought 4-5 years is the norm (outside of main dealers, anyway)? Still better than never changing it, at least :)

Isn't the inverter water cooled? I guess that's probably good for 10 years or so.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Price wise, €76 without filter replacement, €100 with and that at a Nissan Garage

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

It really depends on your location. Where are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Well..i had my first service completed.
    No ideea what they have done to the car,i guess they changed / replaced filters and oils or dunno how it works for a EV car.
    Paid €129 inc VAT.

But got a nice quote for repairs...
    Basically,the front brakes are on their way out and needs to be replaced.
    Not cheap at all...whatever i saved, its gone to local service.
    However,at my mileage i will say is very welcomed and a good deal,overall.

473680.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

You can change the wiper blades, bulbs and clean the car yourself :)
    That pricing for front brakes looks crazy. There's nothing special about them that couldn't be done by any competent independent mechanic.

What's an "underbody shultz"?! Do Nissan speak Yiddish now?

Love that they recommended fuel line work for the car. And two sets of front brakes at total of 600 for the brakes alone. And they also point out that they (=Nissan) were too cheap to include the jack with the car when purchased.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,775 ✭✭✭✭unkel

As usual, you just pay full whack without shopping around much or asking about cost up front, don't you, rolion? :p

I've heard people pay €129 for a Leaf service alright, but I've never heard anyone ever paying more than that either.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

To put this into perspective how many kms on the car, what age and what number service is it?
    You can also replace the pollen filter yourself, I posted a few pics on it a few weeks back somewhere (or look it up on YouTube)

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

The question is: Are the brakes for example really down to 30 pc remaining or are they just estimating this. Knowing how EVs use the brakes you might still have another 100k on the pads. How many kilometers has the car covered? For brake fluid the garage normally says that it's "contaminated" but doesn't actually test the boiling point which really tells you when it needs to be replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,070 ✭✭✭✭KCross

But got a nice quote for repairs...
    Basically,the front brakes are on their way out and needs to be replaced.
    Not cheap at all...whatever i saved, its gone to local service.
    However,at my mileage i will say is very welcomed and a good deal,overall.

Those prices are ridiculous.
    €80+ for wiper blades... they are having a laugh. I wouldnt trust that the pads are worn just based on that.

Get an independent mechanic to do it for you.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

the 129e price should include the Brake fluid and pollen filter.
    It does in Airside anyway and its what I paid to Hutten and Meade for mine.

Advertisement