Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

That's all folks!

Options
  • 15-01-2016 1:32pm
    Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boards.ie Community Manager

After a year of sending a weekly Boards Digest to new members (and any older users who opted in), we have sadly decided to end the Boards Digest. Today is our final one. The digest was a weekly snapshot of what was happening on the site, often reflected by real world events like this week with the untimely passing of both David Bowie and Alan Rickman.

Unfortunately the rate with which people were reading the newsletter and clicking through to the site from it was too low to make it sustainable when we considered both the time spent collating content, time spent on set up and the financial cost of sending the newsletter.

We'd love to hear if you have any other ideas of how to keep everyone informed about what's going on with the site; what are the most popular discussions of the week, what Boards meet ups and events are coming up, etc. For those of you already used to the site you know where to find this stuff but we'd like to make sure that our newer members are equally as informed or at least know where to find the info if they want it. All ideas welcome!

Thank you :)

(Please note that this forum is pre-moderated so your post won't appear until it has been approved by an Admin)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭littlema

Ah Niamh, I'm sorry to see you go. I started using the weekly round up on hols last March & got some very strange looks from the coffee slurpers around me as I lol . The best one of the year was about the cows & their funny doings.
    I would never have logged onto that site without your digest.
    Who is going to inform me that there's a funny/informative thread on a boards site now?? Maybe ye can just list a few good ones from members tipping ye off??
    Thanks for all the fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Could ye do a Boards Digest Forum?

If I saw something in the Digest I liked the look of, I opened up the site and went looking for it.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement