Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need reg number for home charger grant?

• 21-02-2019 5:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I'll be picking up a new black Ioniq EV in a few weeks and want to try be a bit organised before I get it.

I got the VIN number from the dealer.

When applying online for the home charger grant it asks for reg number of the car. Thought I could apply before getting the car?

Also to apply for the charging card on ecars website it looks for reg number too.

Any advice on what I can do to prepare?
    Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I just emailed ecars my invoice/agreement way ahead of car pickup and they had the card sent out straight away

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

slave1 wrote: »
    I just emailed ecars my invoice/agreement way ahead of car pickup and they had the card sent out straight away

That's the card, the charger grant requires a Reg number to be filled out on the form when sending it back in for payment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

So I emailed the dealer and basically he said

You don’t get a registration number until the day you’re collecting. It can’t be registered until it arrives in Ireland.
    So I've to wait before I can apply for home charger?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭Zenith74

iggy wrote: »

You don’t get a registration number until the day you’re collecting. It can’t be registered until it arrives in Ireland.

You can definitely apply before you get the car, the site does not ask for the car registration number - https://ww3.allnone.ie/client/client_fexco/custom/SEAI_Index_V2.html

Once you've done this you'll get an approval letter in a few days, after that arrives you can start arranging your charger and electrician. You can only submit the form back to receive your grant after the car has arrived though as you need the registration number of the car for that.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

iggy wrote: »

Yes you have to wait u til you have the car, or at the very least the reg number before you send back the payment request form.

You can apply now quoting the make and model of the car and get your approval letter.
    Zenith74 wrote: »
    You can definitely apply before you get the car, the site does not ask for the car registration number - https://ww3.allnone.ie/client/client_fexco/custom/SEAI_Index_V2.html

Once you've done this you'll get an approval letter in a few days, after that arrives you can start arranging your charger and electrician. You can only submit the form back to receive your grant after the car has arrived though as you need the registration number of the car for that.

+1

Apply now with make and model.
    Then send back in once car arrives.

• Advertisement
Advertisement