Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So many crazies on FB.

Options
  • 31-03-2015 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭

I'm constantly seeing stuff my mates/family/acquaintances on Facebook share about how crazy they are. They'll tag their friends as being crazy too. These are very normal and in some cases fairly boring people. There's nothing crazy about them at all.

Two things from this,

1. When did being crazy/different become so trendy?

2. If everyone is crazy, does that not make crazy normal?

Two people I work with a very fond of telling people how crazy they are, I see it with one of them as covering up issues or insecurities they have. The other one announced to me a few minutes after meeting for the first time that they were "mad" I asked how and he looked confused, I asked what he had done that makes him so mad, crazy and different. The answer I got was "I'm just maaad"

I'm normal, probably a bit boring at times (as evidenced by this thread) and have no desire to be seen as crazy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

That's mad Ted.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Jezek

Are these the same people that are employed as " Full-time Mad Bastards" ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

I put milk in before I take the tea bag out of my tea.

Mental I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭LDN_Irish

Jezek wrote: »
    Are these the same people that are employed as " Full-time Mad Bastards" ?

Half of them are, the other half are "full time mummies."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭yeahimhere

Anyone who self discribes themselves as mad bastards are usually just annoying w'antards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

So people that you accepted as Facebook friends are crazy cnuts.

Thanks for letting us all know.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,472 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

LDN_Irish wrote: »
    Half of them are, the other half are "full time mummies."

Graduates of School of Hard Knocks and University of Life too I'd wager?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

I've a lot of that on my feed too.

"Here's me and the friends I've had since I was ten, in the bar we've been going to since we were 16, drinking the same pints we always get. And it's Saturday. We're mad!"

"Here's me pulling a ker-azy face in a photo, just putting it up on FB for all to see, #lol #crazy #IDGAF. I mean I spent an hour on my make-up and took ten pictures before I landed on the right balance between 'pulling a face' and 'still looking prettier than I do in the flesh' but please think I'm crazy and spontaneous"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

I am going to put a sign up at work.

You don't have to be crazy to work here. In fact if you are crazy piss off. Work somewhere else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 the raven 15

Section them.....they'll soon change their description of themselves.....

Slightly beige mad yolks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Every so often I do a cull on Facebook and put the noisiest ***** on ignore. Problem solved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 the raven 15

I am going to put a sign up at work.

You don't have to be crazy to work here. In fact if you are crazy piss off. Work somewhere else.

That's proper mad.....loopy you are. Shwaaaaaaa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

yeahimhere wrote: »
    Anyone who self discribes themselves as mad bastards are usually just annoying w'antards.
    I'm bonkers I am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

That's proper mad.....loopy you are. Shwaaaaaaa

I'm not really going to do that, you imbecile.

• Site Banned Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Youngblood.III

I've an axe for my bbf...his name is Barry, he is maaad!

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭The other fella

I've a lot of that on my feed too.

"Here's me and the friends I've had since I was ten, in the bar we've been going to since we were 16, drinking the same pints we always get. And it's Saturday. We're mad!"

"Here's me pulling a ker-azy face in a photo, just putting it up on FB for all to see, #lol #crazy #IDGAF. I mean I spent an hour on my make-up and took ten pictures before I landed on the right balance between 'pulling a face' and 'still looking prettier than I do in the flesh' but please think I'm crazy and spontaneous"

The amount of girls i know that have that exact persona on FB but are as boring as **** in real life.Its usually the quiet ones that turn out the craziest on a night out or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

If they were truly mad they'd be TEFL teachers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Don't you know it's hip to be Kooky and geeky now. You know showing how individual you are by telling people what film/music you like that other people made. Telling everyone you don't follow trends while having YT, Twitter, blog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

U ok Hon? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭yeahimhere

I'm bonkers I am.

Sure we all know that ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,394 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Random.

Lol omg last night was so random, we're so mad.

Lol hun was so random x

Random..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭LDN_Irish

Random.

Lol hun was so random x

Random..

I once heard a presenter describe the Top 20 as " really random" even though it counted down from 20 directly based on the amount of singles that were sold.

Random.

Lol hun was so random x

Random..

You are missing Shady as well....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

#YOLO

Fcuk off.

What I find more and more irritating is randomers using gaming language/phrases, I'm a gamer we invented the language over time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

What I find more and more irritating is randomers using gaming language/phrases, I'm a gamer we invented the language over time.

Language is developed by usage

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Ahhh Failbook, home to the ignorant and foolish!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Betcha Graham Dwyer never labelled himself as "crazy" on facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,472 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Don't you know it's hip to be Kooky and geeky now. You know showing how individual you are by telling people what film/music you like that other people made. Telling everyone you don't follow trends while having YT, Twitter, blog.

Oh no my friend, you haven't seen kooky "individualistic" w@nkers until you've used ello. Every user on there thinks they are the zenith of creativity when I'd wager the majority of them are coffee shop workers by day and frustrated "artists" by night....some random bios...
    I am who I appear to be to those who it appears as me, but I am no more me then I am him to them.
    er aspera ad astra -
    An eclectic collection: nature, erotica, art, esoterica...
    New York. Writing. Drawing. Rocking Out with a Heavy Soul. Creating.
    Encaustic & mixed media artist, secret violist, cat lover, Houstonian
    A vision of a mythical world of sea creatures and forest, realized through my love of paper ephemera. Providence, RI. Please be mindful of copyright and do not repost my images without proper credi

Essentially, the cast of this song...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

mikom wrote: »
    Betcha Graham Dwyer never labelled himself as "crazy" on facebook.

Now he was a full time mad bastard.

Advertisement