Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peoples rubbish bins and windy weather

Options
  • 31-03-2015 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭

Christ, this pis*es me right off. Where I live there are a number of neighbours who NEVER make any effort to secure their recycling bin with a brick etc when they know there is windy weather.

Was home for lunch today and there was 3 bins on their sides with rubbish all over the roads and in peoples gardens... I know I will come home from work tonight and they will have made no effort to pick up their crap.

It is not just where I live, as I was heading back to work there were plenty of other bins along the main road that had spilled all over the place.

Surely they are liable for littering? I am a little OCD when it come to rubbish, I think it brings the look of where you live right down, as if no one gives a damn.

They never seem to learn, whenever there is windy weather it always happens...

Rant over :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭LDN_Irish

Knock on their door and say "ah here how's it going like wha'. I got something to secure your bin for you. I'll THROW it in to you now." and they'll be all "ah jaysis tankx hun." Then f*ck a brick through their window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

The Mint Aero prophecies strike again...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=94900408

The Mint Aero prophecies originally garnered world wide attention with this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=93137779

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

My neighbours bin has been knocked over, they're in work and the contents of the bin are now in everyone's garden and blowing down the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

In all fairness, sometimes you'll put the bin out the night before and the wind will pick up during the night and knock it over. Happened to me a few times and I agree it is horrible...looks awful etc. I always try to pick up what I can but I'm usually rushing off to work and don't know what's mine from the neighbours'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

As above, few times I've put the bin out the night before and a gale erupts overnight, come out in the morning and bin all over the place.

Normally secure the bins down with a brick, but sometimes if I'm rushing out I forget. Granted my bin has only fallen over with rubbish once, and I was home at the time and was able to gather most of it back.

In fairness if someone knocked on my door telling me I was liable for litter, as my bin fell over while out of the house, I'd tell them where to go with themselves.

scdublin wrote: »
    In all fairness, sometimes you'll put the bin out the night before and the wind will pick up during the night and knock it over. Happened to me a few times and I agree it is horrible...looks awful etc. I always try to pick up what I can but I'm usually rushing off to work and don't know what's mine from the neighbours'.

It would be terrible to pick someones else rubbish by mistake?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mossytcb

The binman won't take my bum if there's a brick on it.

It would be terrible to pick someones else rubbish by mistake?

No but I wouldn't go out of my way to run around the street after their rubbish. Don't pretend other people would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

TheDoc wrote: »

In fairness if someone knocked on my door telling me I was liable for litter, as my bin fell over while out of the house, I'd tell them where to go with themselves.

A summons might tell you were to come!
    ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Breaking news on LMFM: A wheelie bin was knocked over...Gardai are appealing for any information about this incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭xabi

mossytcb wrote: »
    The binman won't take my bum if there's a brick on it.

Wouldnt blame him.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

A summons might tell you were to come!
    ;)

A court summons for a wheelie bin blowing over in the wind while you were not actually present or at home?

Work away :D

scdublin wrote: »
    No but I wouldn't go out of my way to run around the street after their rubbish. Don't pretend other people would.

I would. I hate to see the place in trash.

I would. I hate to see the place in trash.

Fair play. Still fairly sure the majority wouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

What's even better is one of the bin collectors for our estate was to collect the bins this morning and they insist you leave your bin out the night before (so that they can collect it at 5am and wake you up). Well they text this afternoon to say they had a breakdown but to leave your bins out and they will collect them tomorrow instead. They must be hoping it will be windy enough that there will be nothing left to collect.

Advertisement