Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The polish- A fine bunch of entreprenurial lads

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭MathDebater

Great divers. Should sign a few up for Rio '16.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

In all my years going to games I've never seen a tout arrested. One Polish lad does it and the cops arrest him and charge him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,476 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

In all my years going to games I've never seen a tout arrested. One Polish lad does it and the cops arrest him and charge him

Probably some rules preventing officials doing it

Mushy wrote: »
    Maybe he needed to buy the tickets first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

What an absolutely ridiculous waste of the courts time.

He had 12 extra tickets he was going to sell to some Polish fans. Was he even charging above face value? Doesn't appear so.

Is there not more important things for the Garda to be doing?

12 tickets, honestly, who cares.

• Advertisement

Mushy wrote: »

That would be between him and the Polish FA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭The Masculinist

I believe FAI officials were caught doing something similar years ago.

http://www.soccer-ireland.com/irish-football-history/merriongate.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

I dont condone any criminal activity. But the Garda go after someone selling a few tickets is a waste of tax payers resources. There is black market cigarettes being sold on streets in Dublin 1, openly costing the tax payers tens of thousands in lost tax revenue. But there is nothing being done about that.

The Garda clearly went after an easy fish last night

hfallada wrote: »
    I dont condone any criminal activity. But the Garda go after someone selling a few tickets is a waste of tax payers resources. There is black market cigarettes being sold on streets in Dublin 1, openly costing the tax payers tens of thousands in lost tax revenue. But there is nothing being done about that.

like the way they sit at the end of a motorway with the speed guns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

or act as private security for Irish Water / Siteserv / Shell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

Or go beyond the call of duty to successfully put a murderer behind bars. Oh wait, we're supposed to pretend they never do any good, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

Paz-CCFC wrote: »
    Or go beyond the call of duty to successfully put a murderer behind bars. Oh wait, we're supposed to pretend they never do any good, right?

How is that going beyond the call of duty, aren't they supposed to catch murderers?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Miall108

Adrian Chiles highly recommends the Polish for "a bit of building work"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Paz-CCFC wrote: »

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭MathDebater

Miall108 wrote: »
    Adrian Chiles highly recommends the Polish for "a bit of building work"

I don't know how that man got his job. There is hope for us all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

or act as private security for Irish Water / Siteserv / Shell

Ye man, Like doing their jobs like normal public servants,.,.,nuts man. Why can't they be like...checking my bed is safe from creepy crawlies or like raising my kids for me cause ive got other things to deal with.
    Bravo....like....Broooiiin O DOnnell. **** the guards. HA HAR HA.

**** comment.....

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

hfallada wrote: »

I tell you that the campaign to get people to quit smoking is costing a lot more in lost tax revenues than the black market. You can't have it both ways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Egginacup wrote: »
    I tell you that the campaign to get people to quit smoking is costing a lot more in lost tax revenues than the black market. You can't have it both ways.

Really?

(How does one do an arched eyebrow smiley on a fone?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I used to pass the Point/O2 Arena/3 Arena on my way home from work everyday, and every night a concert was on you would have touts selling tickets with Guards on crowd duty a few yards away.

Pretty much any concert or match I've gone to here, a tout has been present(normally a few) with Guards within ear shot. I wasn't actually aware it was illegal/actionable by the Guards until I was in my early 20's, it was so common.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 slippin_jimmy

at least that is a pretty big revenue raiser

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

nm wrote: »
    What an absolutely ridiculous waste of the courts time.

He had 12 extra tickets he was going to sell to some Polish fans. Was he even charging above face value? Doesn't appear so.

Is there not more important things for the Garda to be doing?

12 tickets, honestly, who cares.

Are we forgetting Ebola cup man ? :D

Advertisement