Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duck Face

Options
  • 31-03-2015 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Do girls think this is attractive? I see it all over FB, girls doing selfies and posting them. I'm lost, why would anyone think this is attractive. Kind off like drawing a cock on your face and thinking you look nice.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Stop stalking young girls on facebook, problem solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I think its done as a joke at this stage... Its accepted enough to not look really stupid when you do it and some girls don't like their smile so duck face instead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

it's ugly but what can you do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭conorh91

And lads, closing one eye, scrunching up your face, and looking like you're constipated?

Maybe stop doing that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

conorh91 wrote: »
    And lads, closing one eye, scrunching up your face, and looking like you're constipated?

Maybe stop doing that.

That worked out ok for Derek Zoolander....

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭The other fella

Quoth the server, "404".

Some girls who have naturally pouty kind of lips look well with that face...Others look like their face is stuck in a vacuum.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,661 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

I think its done as a joke at this stage... Its accepted enough to not look really stupid when you do it and some girls don't like their smile so duck face instead?

One of my wife's friends is a bit like that, out for dinner the other night and she was taking pictures of everything, including the food with the almost obligatory "nom nom" comment, then almost flew into a panic when she remembered she had to do a... *shudder*, "selfie", and got herself in a right twist because my wife wouldn't do a duckface.

She's in her 30's :(

The only saving grace is that she's my wife's friend so I don't have to have a whole lot to do with her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

One of my wife's friends is a bit like that, out for dinner the other night and she was taking pictures of everything, including the food with the almost obligatory "nom nom" comment, then almost flew into a panic when she remembered she had to do a... *shudder*, "selfie", and got herself in a right twist because my wife wouldn't do a duckface.

The only saving grace is that she's my wife's friend so I don't have to have a whole lot to do with her.

I'm sure the worlds news outlets waited for these to be uploaded with baited breath... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭LDN_Irish

Some of them f*ck it up and end up pulling a face like them smelt a fart. Agree about the screwed up face lads pull too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

It's an old modelling trick, and one still used, but the pro's very very slightly pucker they're lips so that it's almost imperceptible, and gives the vaguest hint of them having fuller lips and a somewhat suggestive expression. If you flick through a FHM or Marie Claire or whatever your poison is you'll see how commonly it's used.

The problem is other girls try to replicate this and massively over shoot it, resulting in duck face.

Models come in for a lot of stick, and 'sure any one can do what they do' but apparently it's not the case at all, there is at least some skill and training involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I would have walked out to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

rafa05 wrote: »
    Do girls think this is attractive? I see it all over FB, girls doing selfies and posting them. I'm lost, why would anyone think this is attractive. Kind off like drawing a cock on your face and thinking you look nice.....

Lighten up, tis just a bit of quack.

^^Best username ever?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

No smile is worse than a duck face.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Putin

PARlance wrote: »
    Lighten up, tis just a bit of quack.

Come to the Motherland and I'll be sending you to the Gulag for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭2Bints1Joe

Anyone who takes a selfie deserves to be held down and farted on

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Suas11 wrote: »
    No smile is worse than a duck face.

I agree, its the girls who think the duckface is better

Advertisement