Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

these Aldi screws any good?.......

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭con747

https://www.aldi.ie/c/specialbuys/dates/2020-06-14?sort=popular&q=%3Apopular%3AtransactionalStatus%3Atransactional%3AtransactionalStatus%3Anontransactional%3AEvent%3ADIY&page=0
    ....seems like 8 different types available there

Just wondering are Aldi screws any use firstly?
    and would you recommend any particular one of those 8 as just a general purpose screw worth buying a box of while in stock?

Have used them in the past to make garden furniture and numerous other things and had no problems once you use the correct sized bit. Still have some in the shed for when needed. The only thing I didn't like was the mixed box of screws because the screws all end up mixed together due to the separation piece being flimsy.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Tedious Bore

ok good to know, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

They are Pozidrive 2 which seems to be the standard for screws now. Buy a Pozidrive set of bits as the usual Phillips bits will just mangle them. I would use stainless steel screws for outdoor projects. Everything else seems to rust away after a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Tedious Bore

recipio wrote: »
    They are Pozidrive 2 which seems to be the standard for screws now. Buy a Pozidrive set of bits as the usual Phillips bits will just mangle them. I would use stainless steel screws for outdoor projects. Everything else seems to rust away after a few years.

very helpful, thank you!

Advertisement