Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rational Male

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,028 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Drumpot wrote: »
    In fact just thinking about it why isn’t there more female philosophers or famous scientists or even inventors? Was that down to society forcing a role on woman? Should we expect this to change remarkably over the coming decades?
    Linda L. Carli, Laila Alawa, YoonAh Lee, Bei Zhao, & Elaine Kim (January 2016). Stereotypes About Gender and Science: Women ≠ Scientists. Psychology of Women Quarterly Vol 40, Issue 2:
    Abstract: The results are consistent with role-congruity and lack-of-fit theories that report incompatibility of female gender stereotypes with stereotypes about high-status occupational roles. The results demonstrate that women are perceived to lack the qualities needed to be successful scientists, which may contribute to discrimination and prejudice against female scientists.

• Site Banned Posts: 7 Song to the Siren

lufties wrote: »
    Has anyone read these books by Rollo Tomassi about inter gender dynamics? I read all 3 and its changed my life (made me angrier) lol.

I'd love to hear opinions, especially female ones.
    I watched something of his on youtube before. The very long winded approach he has would probably turn a lot of people off alone. He's actually just added a 2 and a half hour video analysing a Will Smith interview.

Anyway, I remember him talking about how women are more likely to stray from their men (to sleep with other men) when they're in heat. I distinctly remember him saying something like "has anyone ever had a female boss who you've suddenly noticed dressing very flamboyantly, and then about a week later that she's suddenly very bitchy?". From that he seemed to imply that a woman is more bitchy when she's on her period??

He also said that young women will often isolate themselves from their fathers and brothers while they're in heat.

• Site Banned Posts: 7 Song to the Siren

Fathom wrote: »
    Abstract: The results are consistent with role-congruity and lack-of-fit theories that report incompatibility of female gender stereotypes with stereotypes about high-status occupational roles. The results demonstrate that women are perceived to lack the qualities needed to be successful scientists, which may contribute to discrimination and prejudice against female scientists.
    Generally speaking what one perceives is correct. People trust their instincts for a reason. After all, there's probably an equivalent study (to the one you quoted) out there that states that men are only perceived has having lower emotional intelligence than women, which may contribute to discrimination and prejudice against male nurses!

Women aren't as good at maths. And for the most part, you need a mathematical mind to be an inventor. I think it's something like 99% of all real inventions are by men. If it were 70/30 you might have some argument with that, but otherwise not.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

The Rational Male is anything but philosophy. It's toilet paper, and Tomassi a hack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭victor8600

....People thrust their instincts ....

They do, into various edifices, instinctively.
    ....Women aren't as good at maths. ....

Citation needed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,220 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

victor8600 wrote: »
    Citation needed.
    Indeed.

Advertisement