Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

12-10-2016, 16:32   #61
Blue_Dabadee

Ellsworth is quite similar to Blue Pants. Where they might bring him back every now and again as a jobber.
Advertisement
12-10-2016, 17:43   #62
sky88

https://twitter.com/RusevBUL/status/786012884396494848

rusev is a hero
12-10-2016, 19:30   #63
Mr.Nice Guy

I gasped when I saw Ellsworth take that Styles Clash. I was really scared and you could hear the announcers were the same way. I'm surprised Vince is allowing that move be used as he's usually very strict on moves with any sort of risk to the neck, i.e. sit-down piledrivers being banned.
12-10-2016, 19:33   #64
Lord TSC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Nice Guy View Post
I gasped when I saw Ellsworth take that Styles Clash. I was really scared and you could hear the announcers were the same way. I'm surprised Vince is allowing that move be used as he's usually very strict on moves with any sort of risk to the neck, i.e. sit-down piledrivers being banned.
IIRC, Jericho was the one who went to bat for AJ and told Vince he could trust him to do the move. I'll take a guess that, despite it not being AJ's fault, he'll be told that it's back on the banned list...
Thanks from:
12-10-2016, 21:14   #65
CastorTroy

Can't remember offhand which match it was but everyone hear the voices? I'm sure it mentioned Hector? Even JBL said he was hearing voices.
Advertisement
12-10-2016, 23:09   #66
CSF

Miz and Ziggler are still doing well which is great. Styles pretty much continuing being the most consistently entertaining for the whole of 2016.

You can see they're trying hard to push the Orton v Wyatt feud with it getting the headline spot again on Smackdown but it does seem like the one where they're not nailing it like they seem to have been almost everything else. It's hard to feel that much like you're cheering for Orton or care that much about Wyatt getting his comeuppance.
13-10-2016, 10:38   #67
ERG89

Now that Kane has disappeared I think they should start splicing him into the show (think Tyler Durden in Fight Club) but only Randy Orton & viewers see him nobody else notices.
I'm kicking around the idea of Kane's ghost haunting him in a wwe's version of a Christmas Carol. All the terrible stuff I'm enduring cause of Bray Wyatt is inspiring a dread of creativity from me
13-10-2016, 11:48   #68
princemuzzy

they have taken Kane and should assimilate him into the group ala ministry style

this is the better show by a mile atm
13-10-2016, 19:28   #69
CastorTroy

Just realised Hawkins didn't actually fight this week so looked it up to be sure and...

At this rate, I expect a mixed tag match with him teaming with Eva Marie
Advertisement
14-10-2016, 01:28   #70
A Rogue Hobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord TSC
IIRC, Jericho was the one who went to bat for AJ and told Vince he could trust him to do the move. I'll take a guess that, despite it not being AJ's fault, he'll be told that it's back on the banned list...

If anything I'd say AJ will get a pat on his back for thinking on his feet so quickly to protect him as much as he could. If you watch it closely AJ notices he tucks his chin as he's leaping. He doesn't follow through with his upper body which would have driven his neck further into the mat.

Instead, he pushes his upper body up as vertically as he can to give Ellsworth as safe a landing as he could. Not sure I'm explaining this as clearly as I want to but just have a look at it again slowly. It looked way worse than it is but AJ deserves a hell of a lot of credit for reacting so quickly.
(2) thanks from:
18-10-2016, 18:54   #71
Agent Coulson

Delighted for the guy.

Quote:
Receiving a lot of great positive messages, THANK YOU #WWEUniverse you're the reason I've made it this far

Quote:
Visit http://wweshop.com to purchase the official #WWE #jamesellsworth tee-shirt and check out all the great deals they have
18-10-2016, 18:56   #72
Lord TSC

Am seriously tempted to buy that

I'd imagine they'll let AJ get his heat back and just destroy him tonight. In the days of blood, having James left a bloody mess would have been a great moment for AJ.
18-10-2016, 19:23   #73
johnnyryan89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord TSC View Post
Am seriously tempted to buy that

I'd imagine they'll let AJ get his heat back and just destroy him tonight. In the days of blood, having James left a bloody mess would have been a great moment for AJ.
Tonight would be a great night to debut someone like Samoa Joe. Styles to squash James and then beat him down bad after the match only for Joe's killer music to hit and confront Styles, it would be epic but they'll probably have Ambrose do it and it will be meh.
18-10-2016, 19:32   #74
CastorTroy

At first I read it as the price being $5. I also thought it looked fake, but I guess it's just a mockup anyway.
19-10-2016, 09:22   #75
Lord TSC

Yikes, 0 posts for last nights Smackdown?

Loved the Ellsworth match (the Goldberg-esque chants were brilliant). Otunga has actually come on no end ("No chin music!"). Otherwise, a solid but unspectacular show, but thats Smackdown's tag line. It's all about being consistantly solid.

Actually, that shouldn't come as a surprise given its the former NXT guy writing it cause it's how I'd describe NXT's TV shows too...
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion