Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Exchange rate / Currencies explained

Options
  • 17-10-2019 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

Please can someone help me to understand things a bit clearer? I have to make a payment of USD $6144 in January. Currently that amounts to Eur €5520, however when I first looked at this price in June it was lower at €5400 or thereabouts, and in that time it went up to €5650 or thereabouts. Over the last three days the Euro amount required has continued to fall. Here's the bit I don't understand, what causes this to happen? Rather than me checking the exchange rate excessively, should I be watching out for things happening in the news? Is Brexit having an affect, would Trumps impeachment thing be causing this to turn in my favour? I really am a bit clueless. I'm look ing for the simplest of explanation please, because when I try to do searches on it, it's a bit complicated for me. Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Are you intending to convert euro directly to usd or is crypto somehow implicated in this transaction?

If the former, then it's not really a query for this sub-forum. That said, forex markets have a certain level of volatility - and exchange rates are subject to ongoing change. That could work for or against you. And geo-political and macro-economic factors have a bearing on FX rate change.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭nirvana78

Thanks for your reply, yeah I realised afterwards that I posted it in the wrong place but wasn't sure how to move it out of there (embarrassing!). To answer your question, yes I had planned on converting Euro to USD

Advertisement