Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breached charter but no card or even warning

Options
  • 09-10-2019 2:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭

Hello,
    Not sure this is the correct place but I've flagged a post calling me a liar multiple times in the politics forum. Nothing has happened and nobody has touched base.
    I'd have expected an in thread warning for the poster and myself to behave, (as seems to be the norm when you flag a troll or other).

The charter states:
    Allegations of lying are taken very seriously. Simply calling someone a liar is not acceptable without proof, the onus is on you to provide the proof that they are deliberately and intentionally trying to deceive.

This poster is disagreeing with me and due to not accepting the premise of affordable housing or not being able to understand it, even though it's been around for decades, calls me a liar. Not understanding someone is not the same as being lied to.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111415926&postcount=1632

I've been done in the past for assumed inferred wrong doing, so I'm wondering what's happening with this.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,710 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

This isn't a dispute resolution within the meaning given in the DR Forum here so I will move this to Help Desk.

The first port-of-call here as always when you have a difficulty with another member's post is to report the post. You have not done so here.

So please report the post and give the moderators an opportunity to assess and deal with the report before continuing with this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I've reported the post twice over a couple of days. No reply.
    I've flagged a post calling me a liar multiple times

It's 6 days since it was posted.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,710 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Having checked again, I can see you did in fact report it.

I will see if the moderators have any thoughts on this.

Hello,
    Any word?

Hi, I have discussed the issue with the moderators. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

• Advertisement

Thanks. Any infraction or carding would have meant more in the heat of the discussion. At this point I feel it's more to do with the Politics Forum charter and how it's metered out.

I have found that if you are trolled nothing happens for a time then there's a dual in thread warning when the person who raised it is seen to have begun to respond in kind. Maybe nothing happened because I didn't resort to calling the other poster a liar multiple times? I'm not sure how it's working. IMO, best to nip such behaviour in the bud.

Hello,
    Been a couple of weeks now. I also raised it with a MOD in Politics after, funnily enough, there was a troll flagged, nothing happened until we both got an in thread warning.

Well, I suppose that's that? Not a peep.
    So you can be called a liar a number of times for trying to explain something the other person either can't or chooses not to grasp. Should be in the Politic charter TBF.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement