Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sore heels

Options
  • 10-10-2019 9:09am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 263 ✭✭

I've been feeling pain in my heels which has been getting progressively worse since July.

It started after I came back from holidays and I put it down to wearing an old pair of runner on holidays and chasing after my toddlers (average 10,000 steps per day).

It came and went since then. I've been doing a little less training, probably swimming twice, running once and one core session per week as we have another little bundle of joy on the way in two weeks.

About 6 weeks ago I starting feeling pain in both heels when I was waking up. I got rid of all old and cheaper runners but it's still no alleviating. Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

Calf raises off a step. You need to stretch out that Achilles. Also be mindful of your gait and make sure you're not heel striking

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 263 ✭✭PatrickSmithUS

Sound. No need for Physio yet then?

I'm reasonably happy that I don't heel strike, did the course in chai running with Caterina McKiernan about 7 years ago.

I'm going to invest in a pair of Hoka One as well I think cos I need a structured shoe and that was recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

Sound. No need for Physio yet then?

I'm reasonably happy that I don't heel strike, did the course in chai running with Caterina McKiernan about 7 years ago.

I'm going to invest in a pair of Hoka One as well I think cos I need a structured shoe and that was recommended.

I bought a pair of vibrams and wear them around the office. Found that they helped an awful lot. I'd try the raises first and aim to get up to 60 without stopping before i'd go the physio root

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

don't take medical advice from strangers on an internet forum. go see a professional .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement