Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2019 - Round 16 Russia

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Anjobe wrote: »
    "Lights out and away we go..."? (I know that's 6).

Just as Ferrari got a bit lucky with the unexpectedly large undercut last week? In each case the team had to perform well with regards to both the driver and the strategy in order to be in a position to take advantage of their good fortune.

In this race Mercedes went for a bold strategy to start on the medium tyres and Hamilton drove well to keep pace with the Ferraris in their first stint and then go a bit longer. It was a lucky win, but not completely undeserved.

I'm not disputing the win, it's just the creaming themselves over the radio that annoys me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,642 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Anjobe wrote: »
    Actually for me, the most annoying words were the girl's names that Vettel used to give his cars. Haven't heard any of that nonsense for a while thankfully.

I had no problem with that. Lots of people name there cars.

One phrase I hated was

'' Alonso is faster than you''

Sure if he was faster ten he should have just passed Felipe instead of team orders to let him pass.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭Anjobe

I'm not disputing the win, it's just the creaming themselves over the radio that annoys me :)

Vettel looked pretty pleased with himself after being gifted a win last week too. Why single out Hamilton & Mercedes? There's quite enough of that nonsense on this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭Inviere

AMKC wrote: »
    I had no problem with that. Lots of people name there cars.

One phrase I hated was

'' Alonso is faster than you''

Sure if he was faster ten he should have just passed Felipe instead of team orders to let him pass.

Pre-DRS. Alonso was actually faster if I recall correctly, but couldn't close the gap once in dirty air.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭rock22

vectra wrote: »
    I would point the finger squarely at Vettel. :(

I have watched the (recorded) race over and over again. And I cannot see how anyone thinks Leclerc helped Vettel.

True , slip streaming helped, but that is always there in a start. At the start, LeClerc moved to the right initially, presumably to block Hamilton but Vettel overtook Hamilton and it was Vettel that was partly blocked. Going as far right as possible Vettel had the better line at the second, RH, corner and past LeClerc. I cannot see how LeClerc in any way helped him.

Why then would Vettel be expected to give the place back? I really fail to understand this new F1 rule book.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

rock22 wrote: »
    I have watched the (recorded) race over and over again. And I cannot see how anyone thinks Leclerc helped Vettel.

True , slip streaming helped, but that is always there in a start. At the start, LeClerc moved to the right initially, presumably to block Hamilton but Vettel overtook Hamilton and it was Vettel that was partly blocked. Going as far right as possible Vettel had the better line at the second, RH, corner and past LeClerc. I cannot see how LeClerc in any way helped him.

Why then would Vettel be expected to give the place back? I really fail to understand this new F1 rule book.

Totally agree Seb crushed all the others on the start and got up the road and out of DRS fabulous bit of racing. Ferrari themselves through ruined it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,510 ✭✭✭✭vectra

TCP/IP wrote: »
    Totally agree Seb crushed all the others on the start and got up the road and out of DRS fabulous bit of racing. Ferrari themselves through ruined it.

Well, If you look at the 3 previous races. Charles held his lead over Vettel, so it appears being in front looks like the beat place to be to make up ground.
    Had Charles gave Hamilton the slipstream instead, where do you think Vettel would have wound up?

Well, If you look at the 3 previous races. Charles held his lead over Vettel, so it appears being in front looks like the beat place to be to make up ground.
    Had Charles gave Hamilton the slipstream instead, where do you think Vettel would have wound up?

Well as his ERS failed he would have ended up not finishing.

TCP/IP wrote: »
    Well as his ERS failed he would have ended up not finishing.

Thanks for enlighting me :pac:

Thanks for enlighting me :pac:

No problem just answering your question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭rock22

I assume then that Leclerc gave up those places to Vettel, on Ferraris orders, and that this was in some way a pay back?

I assume then that Leclerc gave up those places to Vettel, on Ferraris orders, and that this was in some way a pay back?

Eh?? :confused:

Advertisement