Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Autobiography Recommendations

Options
  • 14-08-2019 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭

I just read Peter Crushings autobiography. While a little sparse on mentions of his film work it is still a well crafted read.

Recommendations for more?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

Russell Brand-My Booky Wook (witty, humourous)
    Stephen Fry-Moab Is My Washpot (witty, humourous, probably the best one I read)
    Helene Berr-Journal (world war diary-how she isn't as famous as Anne Frank I do not know!)
    Marlon Brando-Songs My Mother Taught Me
    Clara Kramer-Clara's War (story of a girl hiding in a bunker during the war)
    Constance Briscoe-Ugly (a girl's suffering at the hands of her mother and co.)
    Marilyn Manson-Long Hard Road Out Of Hell (full of lies but entertaining!)
    Frank Skinner-Frank Skinner
    Paul Merton-Only When I Laugh
    Peter Hook-Unknown Pleasures (story of Joy Division)
    Eamon Dunphy-Only A Game?
    Archibald Hall-The Wicked Mr Hall (story of a serial killer and someone who enjoyed the finer things in life when not killing!)
    Morrissey-Autobiography (starts off well then drags in second half, quite poetic)
    John Giles -A Football Man
    Paul Mc Grath-Back from The Brink
    Roy Keane-Autobiography
    El Sicario, Molly Molloy And Charles Bowden-Confessions Of A Cartel Hit Man
    Jean P. Sasson-Princess (about a Saudi Arabian princess and the oppression over there)
    Rudolf Hoess-Commandant Of Auschwitz
    Gerry Conlon-Proved Innocent (Guildford four prisoner)
    Matt Le Tissier-Taking Le Tiss
    Bret Hart-Hitman (interesting but very egotistical!)
    Shawn Michaels-Heartbreak And Triumph
    Souad-Burned Alive (story of the survivor of an honor killing)
    Andre Agassi-Open
    Monica Seles-Getting A Grip (probably the best tennis one I read)
    Jimmy Connors-The Outsider
    Boris Becker-The Player
    Mark Olivier Everett-Things The Grandchildren Should Know (humorous book from the singer of Eels, very interesting life he has led! One of the best books)

That's all I can think of right now. I have some of these books for sale for cheap prices. Check my signature if interested in cheap books.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

Thanks for that. I got the Frank Skinner book when released. I enjoyed it though I think my mother got more out of it, she was going around with a gleam in her eye retelling me portions of it. Out of the books you listed I'll probably go for the Monica Seles book first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

Here's more...

Mick Foley-Have A Nice Day (don't know if you like wrestling!)
    Flora Rheta Shreiber-Sibyll (bout a girl with multiple personalities-not an auto though very interesting)
    Joseph D. Pistone-Donnie Brasco (bout a mafia informant)
    Joe Layden & Dave Mustaine-Mustaine (bout the Megadeth frontman)
    Carl Jung-Memories, Dreams, Reflections.
    Robert Mason-Chickenhawk (bout a helicopter pilot during a war)
    Christopher Stevens-Born Brilliant (bio about Kenneth Williams)
    Malcolm X & Alex Haley-Autobiography Of Malcolm X.
    Yeonmi Park-In Order To Live (bout a girl escaping from North Korea)
    Peter Tyrell-Founded On Fear (bout a guy who suffered at the hands of a Christian school)
    Sokreaksa S. Himm-The Tears Of My Soul (story of a survovor of Cambodia killing fields)
    Susanna Kaysen-Girl, Interrupted (book that inspired the movie)
    Anchee Min-Red Azalea (bout a Chinese woman's experience in communist China)
    Barack Obama-The Audacity Of Hope

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

I'm reading one by Jim Hutton at the moment. The partner of Queen frontman, Freddie Mercury. A Carlow man, he was with him up to the end. I'm enjoying finding out how Freddie spent his money the most, the house's .ect

Advertisement