Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New pound has a shamrock on it to "represent the 4 parts of the UK"

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I started drinking coffee at 11 years of age. Didn't do me any harm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

twinytwo wrote: »
    Actually, the agreement was NI was part the UK's soverign terrority until a point a majority both of the people of Northern Ireland and of the Republic of Ireland wished otherwise. Should that happen, then the British and Irish governments are under "a binding obligation" to implement that choice.

So technically your wrong on your first point.

It stopped the killing, for the most part... they would never have let us have it anyway.(Would you rather the BA continued to kill innocent civilians?)

Kinda comical when you look at the current situation.

Actually I'm correct. For the first time, the Govt. of the Republic recognised that the 6 Counties were territory of the UK - we amended the Constitution to legally accept it. We gave up our claim to it being part of the Republic and accepted that it is British soil.
    Ireland is a 32 County Island and the Rep. is 26 Counties.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭degsie

[Page 50]

Wow, that was fast...

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,274 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Why is this news? They've had shamrocks on British pound coins since 2014. I don't remember much of a fuss then.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭melloa

it's obviously trump giving a shout out to his troll army

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,626 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Zaph wrote: »
    Why is this news? They've had shamrocks on British pound coins since 2014. I don't remember much of a fuss then.

Seems like they were a fairly limited production, just for northern ireland

Advertisement