Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Window sills retro fit

Options
  • 14-09-2019 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi there
    We are doing a big Reno job on a 70s house. The external walls have been insulated and windows replaced. However I hate the window sills. They look like plastic and have an end piece on either end. It really looks awful.

Is there anything I can do?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jmBuildExt

Hi there
    We are doing a big Reno job on a 70s house. The external walls have been insulated and windows replaced. However I hate the window sills. They look like plastic and have an end piece on either end. It really looks awful.

Is there anything I can do?

Thanks in advance
    Got exact same done recently. Sills arent too bad looking (black aluminium) but one got damaged by scaffolding. Slight dent in it, someone dropped a bar on it when taking it down..

I let them off purely because i was under pressure to get in.
    I understand though, that the window has to near enough come out again to replace the sill.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Joniamhsean

jmBuildExt wrote: »
    Got exact same done recently. Sills arent too bad looking (black aluminium) but one got damaged by scaffolding. Slight dent in it, someone dropped a bar on it when taking it down..

I let them off purely because i was under pressure to get in.
    I understand though, that the window has to near enough come out again to replace the sill.

I spoke to the builders again and they have to stay to meet the spec from the seai. No taste that crowd!!!!

Thanks for your reply

Advertisement