Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on getting an engineer

Options
  • 08-08-2019 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for recommendations for an arch tech/engineer in Dublin. PM only as per rules.

Also looking for some advice. Do builders usually get their own engineers to spec and sign off on work or am I better off getting my own?

I'm looking to take down a load bearing wall and build a small extension. Have had a builder out to have a look but he said I need an engineer to spec it out. He said the problem would be getting an engineer to do it as they are only interested in the bigger jobs. Have contacted two so far that have said they are too busy. Hence I'm here looking for recommendations.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,038 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Heiser wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm looking for recommendations for an arch tech/engineer in Dublin. PM only as per rules.

Also looking for some advice. Do builders usually get their own engineers to spec and sign off on work or am I better off getting my own?

I'm looking to take down a load bearing wall and build a small extension. Have had a builder out to have a look but he said I need an engineer to spec it out. He said the problem would be getting an engineer to do it as they are only interested in the bigger jobs. Have contacted two so far that have said they are too busy. Hence I'm here looking for recommendations.

Thanks

Google structural engineers/ architects in your area . Ask other people who you know have gotten work done with one of these . Get three or four quotes and go with the one that suits you best . Don't go with builders recommendation, get your own, independent , in-your-corner, professional. Believe me , it's worth the effort and money!

Advertisement