Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best place to buy formal skirt-suits in Dublin

• 21-12-2015 9:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭

A friend is looking for a pink skirt-suit something like this. roz-kostym.jpg Unfortunately we can't find anything like that, as it comes from a Russian fashion website, and there was no info of the brand.
    Plus I can't think of anywhere to buy a skirt-suit. I tried Debenham's, River Island, Arnott's, New Look, etc and they had nothing.
    Can anyone help?
    PS she said she doesn't want to buy online, because she wants to try on first.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭George White

Anyone?

it's a little small for her. But she likes it.

Anyone? Any places that do mother of the bride outfits?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

The Turret on Castle Market (behind the Powerscourt) does that sort of thing. Very helpful too. Pricy enough though.

http://www.theturret.ie/about

• Advertisement

I looked. Unfortunately, it is too expensive. We were told Penney's on O'Connell Street had that stuff, but that's being renovated and all the dressy stuff is not there.

Bump.
    Still looking.
    Anywhere that sells basic skirt suits, preferably in bright colours, has a good range?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Oh lovely I'd love something like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Well - this may be irrelevant, but...

A lot of female secondary school teachers seem to wear suits as daily work garb; I don't know where they buy them but there must be a place.
    So, if you know any second-level lady teachers or Headmistresses, they would be the person to ask where to get tailored suits with skirt.

Bump. Still looking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭hearmehearye

I've come across a few in TKMaxx in my time.

we're looking for something that is loud and brash but formal.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭hearmehearye

At this rate separates might work. You can form a loud brash suit from almost anywhere by being clever. I wouldn't discount charity shops either. I've seen a few Chanel suits in them in my time.

At this rate separates might work. You can form a loud brash suit from almost anywhere by being clever. I wouldn't discount charity shops either. I've seen a few Chanel suits in them in my time.

Anywhere that does a nice size 18-20 skirt and jacket separate, in pink or green or orange or royal blue, relatively cheap?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

All this bumping and we still don't know what event the outfit is for!

It's for a wedding afters.

Bump.

I am looking for a skirt suit for myself, for a cosplay (it's a female character so crossplay) for a convention.
    I'm size 20-ish, and looking for something like Kristen Wiig wears in Ghostbusters
    29BF600B00000578-3130171-image-m-47_1434648165882.jpg
    http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/06/18/19/29BF475900000578-3130171-Not_quite_a_flight_suit_Kristen_wore_a_grey_skirt_suit_white_shi-a-1_1434652543053.jpg
    I'd rather try out something to wear than online, as I'm a bloke, and the size difference isn't easy to calculate.

My friend eventually found a dress.
    But I'm a similar size, and I am still looking for something like this for a cosplay, for myself. Anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

Day Lewin wrote: »
    Well - this may be irrelevant, but...

A lot of female secondary school teachers seem to wear suits as daily work garb; I don't know where they buy them but there must be a place.
    So, if you know any second-level lady teachers or Headmistresses, they would be the person to ask where to get tailored suits with skirt.

They don't buy them. They get them free. Co-incidentally the stockists of the exclusive uniforms also stock them.

Let's just say I was actually looking for an outfit for myself when I was merely flirting with the idea of genderqueer fashion.
    Then, found a jacket in Penney's for 20 quid, a skirt in Adverts for 20 quid, and voila71062192_1585124341623179_1651925923341008896_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_oc=AQkA2g1vhpL3FCHuxD7-cYBHVrRU2GPBIfDo8boL6-3qqAcLbMs-zZza9aa-PyV341o&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=e1e76af086cdc7aa59012fb094d4cd02&oe=5E3A426B

• Advertisement
Advertisement