Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of oak tree

Options
  • 21-08-2019 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

I know where there is a limb of an oak tree that broke off. I was thinking of approaching the farmer to see would he sell it. Id like to make planks out of it. It is roughly 16ft long x 12 inches on diameter.
    How much is it worth roughly? I dont want to insult the man if he agrees to sell it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭redbeaard

brianmax88 wrote: »
    I know where there is a limb of an oak tree that broke off. I was thinking of approaching the farmer to see would he sell it. Id like to make planks out of it. It is roughly 16ft long x 12 inches on diameter.
    How much is it worth roughly? I dont want to insult the man if he agrees to sell it

Ask him what he wants for it? If it's what you're willing to pay then everyone is happy. If he asks you to put a price on it then offer 100 euro. IDK of that's a good or bad price but if he's happy and you're happy to pay it then everyone is happy.

There's a lot of pretty skilled, time consuming work to making planks out of anything and not a whole lot of people looking for it, depending on where you are, so just chat to him, be honest, and play it by ear.

Advertisement