Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

29-06-2018, 12:07   #1
LucyIrish06

What PlayStation games are you playing ?

What PlayStation games are you playing at the moment that's good and worthwhile buying ?
Sick of paying 60+ quid for games that is just the same thing over and over and eventually after a couple of days you get sick of.
Like Tom Clancy Wildlands for instance, basically the same thing for the whole game only different scenery and tactics
Advertisement
29-06-2018, 12:41   #2

I'd recommend the remaster of The Last of Us.

Personally speaking, I think It is the best game ever made. Its the perfect blend of story, action and stealth. Its also properly emotional and scary by times too.

Wonderful game. Its cheap as chips now.
29-06-2018, 12:59   #3
Potential-Monke

Currently playing through Darksiders: Warmastered Edition. They did an amazing job making it look this well. Thoroughly enjoying it, even if the combat is a bit simple by todays standards. Would love if the team behind God of War were to do a reboot of Darksiders with the GoW combat. Would be better, but I'll hold out hope for DS3 to make the combat a bit deeper.

I suppose every game can be considered repetitive after a while. So for me the story is what keeps me going. You should be able to pick up HZD cheap enough, or Dying Light is cheap as chips and amazing fun.
Thanks from:
29-06-2018, 14:18   #4
Howard the Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Business Cat View Post
I'd recommend the remaster of The Last of Us.

Personally speaking, I think It is the best game ever made. Its the perfect blend of story, action and stealth. Its also properly emotional and scary by times too.

Wonderful game. Its cheap as chips now.

I just bought a PS4 and the main reason I did was to play The Last Of Us. Really enjoying it so far, have the Uncharted Games next up after that. Anyone recommend other similar games? Tomb Raider worth a go?
29-06-2018, 14:20   #5
Kintarō Hattori
All Round Nice Guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Kintarō Hattori
I finished Just Cause 3 a while back, loved it as I did with 2. It's somewhat repetitive but the humour and the level of detail make it worthwhile. It's usually very cheap too.

Currently playing Firewatch which is a nice sedate change of pace.
Advertisement
29-06-2018, 15:01   #6
Potential-Monke

Both the Tomb Raiders are definitely worth a go if you like Uncharted. I thought they were really good reboots. Plus, you have to pick up God of War if the price doesn't put you off. Hands down the best game on PS4, and of this generation, imo. The Witcher 3 if you're looking for the long haul, stunning game and some of the best story telling out there. The side quests are as good as the main story, sometimes better! DLC is very good too.

The Ratchet and Clank remake is also brilliant if you want to bring back the nostalgia but with modern graphics. Another stunning looking game. I'll recommend Dark Souls and Bloodborne if you're a sadist, but they don't tick my boxes. Other people think they're the best thing since sliced bread.

The Batman Arkham games are other great games, really make you feel like you're Batman, and one of the best combat systems out there to make you feel like that. The system is so good, lots of games are adopting a similar approach with the upcoming Spiderman being the closest looking. Sleeping Dogs is a great GTA type game with more focus on melee combat.
(2) thanks from:
29-06-2018, 15:01   #7
DirtyBollox

Still plugging away on borderlands 2, lost my characters in the big ps3 HDD **** up i had last year so starting from scratch with the handsome jack collectiong, which includes all of the DLC for borderlands 2 and the pre-sequel, isnt bad.
Thanks from:
29-06-2018, 15:51   #8
Penn

Still getting through Yakuza 0. It's just far too easy to get lost in the side missions and business stuff to the point where I tend to do story stuff to take a break from the side stuff. That said, I'm kinda wanting to move on from it now, so might just power through the rest of the story and give it a rest. Move on to something different for a while and then try Yakuza 6.
29-06-2018, 21:53   #9
jonerkinsella

God of war. I seen it on adverts for €30 today. It's a fantastic game, and I don't really enjoy third person games, but gow nailed it.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
30-06-2018, 12:36   #10
Potential-Monke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn View Post
Still getting through Yakuza 0. It's just far too easy to get lost in the side missions and business stuff to the point where I tend to do story stuff to take a break from the side stuff. That said, I'm kinda wanting to move on from it now, so might just power through the rest of the story and give it a rest. Move on to something different for a while and then try Yakuza 6.
That happened me in 0. Got sidetracked way too much and lost interest due to exhaustion. I intend to pick it up again at some stage, but now that they're re-releasing basically all the game again, i'll get 0 again and work my way up to 6 over the coming years!
30-06-2018, 12:44   #11
Penn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potential-Monke View Post
That happened me in 0. Got sidetracked way too much and lost interest due to exhaustion. I intend to pick it up again at some stage, but now that they're re-releasing basically all the game again, i'll get 0 again and work my way up to 6 over the coming years!
Ploughed through the last two chapters last night and finished the story. Really enjoyed the main story. Definitely going to have to take a break from the series for a while though.
Thanks from:
30-06-2018, 12:52   #12
actuar90

Just finished God of war which was a great game, although I did get lost in side quests along the way. It's definitely up there with the last of us as best ps4 games.

Just starting nier automata now, which I've high hopes for and managed to pick up for €21 new in argos
30-06-2018, 12:55   #13

This post has been deleted.
30-06-2018, 15:38   #14
smokingman

I usually play with the same six friends for years now and have the following for each genre fix
Rainbow Six Siege
Rocket League
Drive Club
PES 2018 Lite
Providence Poker

Upgraded to the God of War pro bundle lately so have that to get further in (about 5 hours in so far).
30-06-2018, 22:55   #15
CastorTroy

Playing Puppeteer on PS3. Have to get back to it after a couple weeks since last played.
Personally I don't think it's as great as people have made it out to be but I'm liking it

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion