Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How are Pure Telecom for gaming?

• 15-05-2019 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭

I'm interested in changing to Pure Telecom to save some money.
    I was wondering are they ok for online gaming and using with your console?
    Do they have Open NAT or port forwarding on their routers?
    I don't know because I don't really do online gaming that much, I do download games a good bit though.
    I would like the freedom to do online gaming if I feel like it though.
    So if someone who is with Pure Telecom knows please let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Boards has gone completely dead lately.
    It looks like I won't find out anything here.
    I'll have to use my own judgement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,279 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Or, no one else here has pure telecom? No point in replying if we don't have the same provider, but remember there is a cooling off period, and say to them that you're specifically buying this for online gaming, so you need a low ping and a steady connection. Once this is on the recorded call, you have a get out clause if it's not sufficient for online gaming as you told them this is why you wanted it, and if it can't meet those needs, they are in breach of the contract.

Saying that, it's the only help centre that includes steps on how to hook up your PS4/Xbone, so I'd say they are probably better at supporting it than VF, Eir, Virgin, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

I have Pure Telecom living in Cork City. Apart from a couple of brief downtime issues (literally once or twice in the 3 years I've been with them) I can't fault them. Never had to ring them and complain or anything like that. Never had a problem playing online or downloading games and I do it every weekend.

The only problems I've had with downloading games is Sony's shítty download speeds on the PS4. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

I have Pure Telecom living in Cork City. Apart from a couple of brief downtime issues (literally once or twice in the 3 years I've been with them) I can't fault them. Never had to ring them and complain or anything like that. Never had a problem playing online or downloading games and I do it every weekend.

The only problems I've had with downloading games is Sony's shítty download speeds on the PS4. :pac:

Had the same, have youconsidered a Lan cable to the PS4? I noticed 5 times the speed with it, instead of using the ****ty wifi found on the ps4

Advertisement