Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dsposal of petrol powered tools

Options
  • 10-05-2019 5:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭

Have several broken engine-powered garden tools that were left in my house by the previous owners. Where can I dispose of these?

Also might need to find some way of disposing of a ride on mower, if I can’t sell it. Too big for a car. Need trailer to bring it to somewhere that scraps cars I guess? Functioning but in bad condition.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Assuming tools are complete and repairable or suitable for spare parts: Offer them for free on Adverts, Donedeal or freecycle.com.
    Disposal: A scrap metal dealer would probably take them. Phone a local one to see. Other option: drain fluids, remove plastic covers, sling the metal carcass in the metal skip at your local amenity tip. Amenity tip will take waste oil and fuel too.

A local garden machinery repair shop might be interested in the mower.

Advertisement