Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 NFL season - Week 10 thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I have never been more bored as I am asa broncos fan.
    Even VJ was in charge at least we were proper awful that you got a laugh out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I am really enjoying this five game late window.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Such a bullsh!t roughing the passer call there. Brees is the most over protected QB in the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,473 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

What was Russell Wilson thinking with that throw ?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,596 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

adrian522 wrote:
    Such a bullsh!t roughing the passer call there. Brees is the most over protected QB in the league.
    It looked to me like he made helmet to helmet contact on that play which is roughing the passer.

• Advertisement

adrian522 wrote: »

And the refs missed a stone wall face mask in the rams and seahawks game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

eagle eye wrote: »
    It looked to me like he made helmet to helmet contact on that play which is roughing the passer.

No he didn't. He was called for landing on top of Brees which he didn't do either. His helmet wasn't close to.brees helmet on the play.

Even Blandino said it was a bad call.

Did Brees get injured on that play?

Did Brees get injured on that play?

Yeah, seems like it. He played a few series before half time after that but Winston has been in since.half time

• Advertisement

adrian522 wrote:
    No he didn't. He was called for landing on top of Brees which he didn't do either. His helmet wasn't close to.brees helmet on the play.
    I think you need to look at it again if you think his helmet wasn't close to Brees.
    adrian522 wrote:
    Even Blandino said it was a bad call.
    Blandino is the worst of the rules experts.

I think you need to look at it again if you think his helmet wasn't close to Brees.

Blandino is the worst of the rules experts.

It's not in any way close to Hemet to helmet, that's not even what was called

Maybe you should look at the play a.few more times

adrian522 wrote:
    It's not in any way close to Hemet to helmet, that's not even what was called

Maybe you should look at the play a.few more times
    Are you stating that the helmets weren't close to each other?

Are you stating that the helmets weren't close to each other?

I'm stating.that it was a bullsh!t roughing the passer call.

And that Brees is the most over protected QB in the league.

Cards games have just been great all year. This is no exception.

Kyler Murray 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Kyler Murray and DeAndre Hopkins. Play of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Kyler Murray and DeAndre Hopkins. Play of the year.

Hail Mary answered!

Fúck off Arizona.

Ridiculous ending. Even for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Love a good heave. Murray to Hopkins is a tidy combination.

• Advertisement

Meanwhile in Houston...

• Registered Users Posts: 34,048 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Get out of town.

Man that was some ending.

It says a lot when a 91 and 98 yard TDs are not the best play of the day.

adrian522 wrote:
    I'm stating.that it was a bullsh!t roughing the passer call.
    I'm not against you as regards the landing but I thought the helmets hit and look at what Brees was like after it.
    adrian522 wrote:
    And that Brees is the most over protected QB in the league.
    I don't agree with this, every quarterback in the pocket gets the same protection.

Definitely not leading with the crown of the helmet. As Swartchz says one of the worst rounging the passer calls weve ever seen.

Helmets coming into contact is not a foul by the way

Missed about twenty minutes of the end of the late window games due to the spaceX launch but I’ve seen the kyler Murray throw and that was a worldly and normally doesn’t come off. It’ll be interesting to see what the issue is with Drew Brees going forward because that clip they showed of him talking to Sean peyton he looked in discomfort. Tua is the real deal even after a small sample size.

And my team the eagles need to figure what the hell is wrong and do it soon. That was embarrassing earlier. Anyway enjoy SNF and I’ll watch the condensed game in the morning.

adrian522 wrote:
    Definitely not leading with the crown of the helmet. As Swartchz says one of the worst rounging the passer calls weve ever seen.
    Leader ng with the crown if the helmet is a different foul.
    adrian522 wrote:
    Helmets coming into contact is not a foul by the way
    It is if you hit the QB in the pocket.
    Any contact above the shoulders it below the knee on the QB on the in the pocket are illegal.

Roughing will be called if, in the Referee’s judgment, a pass rusher clearly should have known that the ball had already left the passer’s hand before contact was made; pass rushers are responsible for being aware of the position of the ball in passing situations; the Referee will use the release of the ball from the passer’s hand as his guideline that the passer is now fully protected; once a pass has been released by a passer, a rushing defender may make direct contact with the passer only up through the rusher’s first step after such release (prior to second step hitting the ground); thereafter the rusher must be making an attempt to avoid contact and must not continue to “drive through†or otherwise forcibly contact the passer; incidental or inadvertent contact by a player who is easing up or being blocked into the passer will not be considered significant.

A rushing defender is prohibited from committing such intimidating and punishing acts as “stuffing†a passer into the ground or unnecessarily wrestling or driving him down after the passer has thrown the ball, even if the rusher makes his initial contact with the passer within the one-step limitation provided for in (a) above. When tackling a passer who is in a defenseless posture (e.g., during or just after throwing a pass), a defensive player must not unnecessarily or violently throw him down or land on top of him with all or most of the defender’s weight. Instead, the defensive player must strive to wrap up the passer with the defensive player’s arms and not land on the passer with all or most of his body weight.

In covering the passer position, Referees will be particularly alert to fouls in which defenders impermissibly use the helmet and/or facemask to hit the passer, or use hands, arms, or other parts of the body to hit the passer forcibly in the head or neck area (see also the other unnecessary roughness rules covering these subjects). A defensive player must not use his helmet against a passer who is in a defenseless posture—for example, (1) forcibly hitting the passer’s head or neck area with the helmet or facemask, even if the initial contact of the defender’s helmet or facemask is lower than the passer’s neck, and regardless of whether the defensive player also uses his arms to tackle the passer by encircling or grasping him; or (2) lowering the head and making forcible contact with any part of the helmet against any part of the passer’s body. This rule does not prohibit incidental contact by the mask or non-crown parts of the helmet in the course of a conventional tackle on a passer.

A defensive player is prohibited from clubbing the arm of a passer during a pass or just after a pass has been thrown; however, a defensive player may grasp, pull, or otherwise make normal contact with a passer’s arm in attempting to tackle him.

A rushing defender is prohibited from forcibly hitting in the knee area or below a passer who has one or both feet on the ground, even if the initial contact is above the knee. It is not a foul if the defender is blocked (or fouled) into the passer and has no opportunity to avoid him.

Notes

A defender cannot initiate a roll or lunge and forcibly hit the passer in the knee area or below, even if he is being contacted by another player.

It is not a foul if the defender swipes or grabs a passer in the knee area or below in an attempt to tackle him, provided he does not make forcible contact with the helmet, shoulder, chest, or forearm.

A passer who is standing still or fading backward after the ball has left his hand is obviously out of the play and must not be unnecessarily contacted by an opponent through the end of the down or until the passer becomes a blocker, or a runner, or, in the event of a change of possession during the down, until he assumes a distinctly defensive position. However, at any time after the change of possession, it is a foul if:

an opponent forcibly hits the quarterback’s head or neck area with his helmet, facemask, forearm, or shoulder

if an opponent lowers his head and makes forcible contact with any part of his helmet against any part of the passer’s body. This provision does not prohibit incidental contact by the mask or the helmet in the course of a conventional block.

When the passer goes outside the pocket area and either continues moving with the ball (without attempting to advance the ball as a runner) or throws while on the run, he loses the protection of the one-step rule provided for in (a) above, and the protection against a low hit provided for in (e) above, but he remains covered by all the other special protections afforded to a passer in the pocket (b, c, d, and f), as well as the regular unnecessary roughness rules applicable to all player positions. If the passer stops behind the line and clearly establishes a passing posture, he will then be covered by all of the special protections for passers.

The Referee must blow the play dead as soon as the passer is clearly in the grasp and control of any tackler behind the line, and the passer’s safety is in jeopardy.

Note: A player who initiates contact against a passer is responsible for avoiding an illegal act. This includes illegal contact that may occur during the process of attempting to dislodge the ball. A standard of strict liability applies for any contact against a passer, irrespective of any acts by the passer, such as ducking his head or curling up his body in anticipation of contact.

Penalty: For Roughing the Passer: Loss of 15 yards and an automatic first down; disqualification if flagrant.

Notes

When in doubt about a roughness call or potentially dangerous tactic against the quarterback, the Referee should always call roughing the passer..

Anyway... Back to SNF...

Well I'm not looking forward to this. I know the Ravens haven't been great of late but this is a nightmare matchup for the Patriots on both sides of the ball.
    I can't see anything but a big Ravens win unfortunately.

I'd like to see the ravens catch fire.

They're just so great to watch when they do.

• Advertisement

Pats d playing very well.

Great move for that TD as well.

Looking good so far.

Mon Lamar!

Advertisement