Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clare GAA Discussion - 2024 All Ireland Hurling Champions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,117 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

fire_man wrote: »
    Is there any talk of what players might retire?

maybe gordon who is nearly 38 , but no chance of the likes of brennan , tubridy or o'connor who are all just about either side of 30 , brennan 28 , tubridy 31 , o'connor 31 they would be the oldest, i imagine hartnett is next around 27 so i doubt there would be many , sean collins is nearly 30 also but years left on today's performance was really good in fairness again today

• Registered Users Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭letowski

Clare u20 team to play Cork on Wednesday:

1. Eamonn Foudy (Inagh-Kilnanona)
    2. Keith White (Inagh-Kilnanona)
    3. Aron Maloney (Kilmaley)
    4. Peter Casey (Ballyea)
    5. Daragh Lohan (Wolfe Tones)
    6. Ross Hayes (Crusheen)
    7. Dylan McMahon (Clonlara)
    8. Aidan McCarthy (Inagh-Kilnanona)
    9. Killian McDermott (Clarecastle)
    10. Aidan Moriarty (Clonlara)
    11. Diarmuid Ryan (Cratloe)
    12. Rian Considine (Cratloe)
    13. Mark Rodgers (Scariff)
    14. Gary Cooney (Mills)
    15. Breffni Horner (Crusheen)
    Subs:
    16. Cillian O Brien (Clonlara)
    17. Paddy Donnellan (Broadford)
    18. Jathan McMahon (Clonlara)
    19. Cathal Darcy (Kilmaley)
    20. William Halpin (Tulla)
    21. Darren Cullinan (Inagh-Kilnanona)
    22. Tiernan Agnew (Sixmilebridge)
    23. Keelan Guyler (Inagh-Kilnanona)
    24. Cian McInerney (Inagh-Kilnanona)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I'm still extremely disappointed with the result yesterday, we really left it behind us, we had some terrible wides from players that shouldn't have been kicking such bad wides. But to be a point from the Super 8s after maintaining division 2 with a difficult schedule is a great achievement, next year we will really have to be pushing on for the Super 8s or even division 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭funnyname

We had 4 away games last year, of those Kildare, Armagh and Fermanagh are still in Div 2 with Ros, Cavan, Laois and Westmeath joining from divs 1 and 3.

So we'll be due 4 home games next year, will it be the first 3 teams and one of the others or will it be a bit more complicated than that?

Anyways 4 home games will be huge for us, a big advantage for staying in Div 2 and hopefully even a tilt at promotion!
    Clareman wrote: »
    I'm still extremely disappointed with the result yesterday, we really left it behind us, we had some terrible wides from players that shouldn't have been kicking such bad wides. But to be a point from the Super 8s after maintaining division 2 with a difficult schedule is a great achievement, next year we will really have to be pushing on for the Super 8s or even division 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,333 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

I see Keelan Sexton's Connemara Gaels had a big win over a star laden but Connollyless Donegal in Boston at the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Gael85

ok just to summarize the season we just had with with the footballers , all we wanted at the start of the year was to stay in division 2 , we ended up within a kick of a ball from the super 8s ,

what collins has don has been outstanding , and while we do have some excellent coaches in the county it is 100% vital that joe cooney and purple jumper fitz get the cheque book out and give colm what he wants to stay in charge , the next generation of o'hannifien , cooney , dermot coughlan , stephen ryan are all kids with really good careers ahead of them at this level , keelan sxton , pearse lillis , jamie malone , eoin cleary have years left also , cillian brennan has the ability to take over from his brother in the middle in time to come , cormac murry and gearoid o brien are two prospects for the future also along with eimhin courtney and eanna o'connor

we have excellent structures in place to compete at this level , but we have to be bullish now , we have to up the stakes next year and try and push for promotion to division 1, for this to happen we need collins in charge brennan and tubridy are now in there prime now is the time to kick on ,

we always had good footballers in clare but never the structures to build on guys like the late michael o'shea , rory donnelly david russell , mark o'connell ect were all excellent footballers of a different era where very little was done behind the scenes nothing was done to push on to the next level,
    now everything is in place hopefully nothing changes and now we can kick on next year and make a bigger impact we need colm in charge for this to happen though

It is imperative Colm Collins stays. There is a strong core of 11-12 players but need to developing a stronger bench. Problem players on fringe of panel seem to leave every year. Modern football is a 21 man game now which all players in county need to buy into. Next year CC should use league to experiment and bring through 4/5 new players to be ready for championship.

On Sunday referee was poor for both teams but Meath seemed to get frees a lot easier. Anytime seen that referee he always seems to be centre of attention. Jamie Malone and Gary Brennan definitely should get a All Star nominations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭BnB

Gael85 wrote: »
    It is imperative Colm Collins stays. There is a strong core of 11-12 players but need to developing a stronger bench. Problem players on fringe of panel seem to leave every year. Modern football is a 21 man game now which all players in county need to buy into. Next year CC should use league to experiment and bring through 4/5 new players to be ready for championship.

On Sunday referee was poor for both teams but Meath seemed to get frees a lot easier. Anytime seen that referee he always seems to be centre of attention. Jamie Malone and Gary Brennan definitely should get a All Star nominations.

I'd agree with all of that. 100% Collins must stay.

Also - ref was terrible - Meath certainly did better out of him but he did give some awful calls against them too.

Overall I think Collin's own assessment was right. Meath were that fraction better than us on the day. The Meath goal straight after ours was a real sucker punch. Having said that, when Meath pushed 5 points ahead in the 2nd half and they seemed totally in control it looked like the game was well and truly gone from us. But Clare did very well to steady the ship and play themselves back into it. Jamie Malone had a half chance for a goal late on under pressure and if that had gone in we could have stolen it.

It's probably not right to say because you always want to win and play at the highest level you can..... but is there a small argument to be made that in the long run it might be better for us not getting to the Super 8's just yet ? That's a fairly daunting group with Kerry, Donegal & Mayo. It will be interesting to see how Meath get on in it.

I thought there was great support there on Sunday, really tried to get behind the team and well outnumbered Meath. I wasn't in Mullingar but heard it was good there too. Hopefully that carries through to the league next year and these lads get the kind of support their efforts certainly deserve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

The way I've been looking at it, is like that 1 point off the super 8s, will leave the lads hunger and it could be better than getting 3 hammerings (not that that would happen).. hopefully we keep Colm, Garry, Cathal and Tubs for another Year

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Treble double

Hi was in Port Laoise Sunday, good atmosphere, highly entertaining game, high quality scores and some massive turnovers. Both sides put their bodies on the line and the medics were kept busy. Watched the game on TV later and thought I was looking at a different match. The same entertaining end to end contest was there but the life and energy was sucked out of the TV equivalent by the rte production. Mainly down to Marty Morrissey's rambling lifeless commentary and the dull input of his side kick McStay. Marty shocked when a Clare player kicked a score from distance with his startled " and it's over the bor" mumbling on about errors when Meath and Clare especially produced 4 or 5 examples of top quality defending and took possession from the opposition. The lack of insight from o Rourke and cooper at half time was shocking. O'Rourke's best contribution was that Clare had a few big bony fellas around the middle that if they hit off you would hurt you. The whole thing was lazy. Marty is local radio standard, and the pundits couldn't be arsed doing a bit of research. I was against the sky deal, but at least they would do a professional job. RTE need a good wake up call

• Advertisement

BnB wrote: »
    I'd agree with all of that. 100% Collins must stay.

Also - ref was terrible - Meath certainly did better out of him but he did give some awful calls against them too.

Overall I think Collin's own assessment was right. Meath were that fraction better than us on the day. The Meath goal straight after ours was a real sucker punch. Having said that, when Meath pushed 5 points ahead in the 2nd half and they seemed totally in control it looked like the game was well and truly gone from us. But Clare did very well to steady the ship and play themselves back into it. Jamie Malone had a half chance for a goal late on under pressure and if that had gone in we could have stolen it.

It's probably not right to say because you always want to win and play at the highest level you can..... but is there a small argument to be made that in the long run it might be better for us not getting to the Super 8's just yet ? That's a fairly daunting group with Kerry, Donegal & Mayo. It will be interesting to see how Meath get on in it.

I thought there was great support there on Sunday, really tried to get behind the team and well outnumbered Meath. I wasn't in Mullingar but heard it was good there too. Hopefully that carries through to the league next year and these lads get the kind of support their efforts certainly deserve.

Was at league finals in 2014 & 2016 and was little support for Clare at them. Great support the 3 weeks in Carrick on Shannon, Mullingar and Portlaoise, was great to see.

Shane_ef wrote: »
    The way I've been looking at it, is like that 1 point off the super 8s, will leave the lads hunger and it could be better than getting 3 hammerings (not that that would happen).. hopefully we keep Colm, Garry, Cathal and Tubs for another Year

I heard from a couple lads Jamie Malone might not be involved next year. Talks of him joining a Dublin club. Heard somewhere else about Gary Brennan going travelling.

1 more rant and I'm done, whenever Clare football is mentioned in the national media, you get the usual guff about Gary Brennan and David tubridy, now the two boys deserve every bit of praise they get because they are two of the top players in the country, but it's just patronising stuff. I can't believe no one has picked up on the biggest story of this fine Clare team and that is Gordon Kelly. He is in his late thirties and is playing better than he has ever played. He always picks up the danger man in the opposition inside line. Kerry scored 33 points against Clare in the championship last year, Kelly marked their poster boy and last year's young player of the year David Clifford and held him to a point. He picked up Clifford again this year and held him to two points. Clifford has named Kelly as his most difficult opponent in a recent interview. Last Sunday Kelly picked up cillian o Sullivan who has caused havoc against Clare in the past and kept him to one point and then we were treated to Kevin McStay calling him Gordon O Malley. I know nothing about Kelly personally but wouldn't be fascinating to find out what kind of regime he maintains to be competing at an elite level in his late thirties in a game dominated by students training practically full time. And wouldnt it be nice if a so called pundit knew the name of one of the top man markers in the game he is getting paid to co commentate on

1 more rant and I'm done, whenever Clare football is mentioned in the national media, you get the usual guff about Gary Brennan and David tubridy, now the two boys deserve every bit of praise they get because they are two of the top players in the country, but it's just patronising stuff. I can't believe no one has picked up on the biggest story of this fine Clare team and that is Gordon Kelly. He is in his late thirties and is playing better than he has ever played. He always picks up the danger man in the opposition inside line. Kerry scored 33 points against Clare in the championship last year, Kelly marked their poster boy and last year's young player of the year David Clifford and held him to a point. He picked up Clifford again this year and held him to two points. Clifford has named Kelly as his most difficult opponent in a recent interview. Last Sunday Kelly picked up cillian o Sullivan who has caused havoc against Clare in the past and kept him to one point and then we were treated to Kevin McStay calling him Gordon O Malley. I know nothing about Kelly personally but wouldn't be fascinating to find out what kind of regime he maintains to be competing at an elite level in his late thirties in a game dominated by students training practically full time. And wouldnt it be nice if a so called pundit knew the name of one of the top man markers in the game he is getting paid to co commentate on

I don't Kelly is late 30s. I think he 33/34. Agree with everything else. Class act. These pundits on RTE bar Ciaran Whelan are clueless. Pat Spillane talking a couple years ago before Clare Mayo how he saw Cathal O'Connor play in a school final couple years previous to that. He was getting him mixed up with Keelan Sexton. Very impressed with Aaron Fitz at centre back. Cian O'Dea was solid too. Sean O'Donoghue had a decent season and will be at midfield for next few years if doesn't go back to America.

36 this month I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭supernova5

Are Clare minor hurlers now out of the All Ireland series or do they play one more game against Galway?

• Advertisement

supernova5 wrote:
    Are Clare minor hurlers now out of the All Ireland series or do they play one more game against Galway?

Play one more game against Galway. May still have an outside chance of getting through, but they need to win well.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

That's the maximum that Clare Footballers can go. It's their ceiling. Some great moments of individual brilliance from Malone ect but Meath just about deserved it. Clare play some lovely stuff but some of the mistakes were keystone Cops stuff. The backpass to the keeper...the keeper giving away a needless 45...the loss if possession. O Dea is possibly the worst tackler iv ever seen..just sticks out an arm and gets ran past with his long luscious locks waving in the breeze.... But again they work like demons but ultimately theres no where to go but down from here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭Figerty

BloodyBill wrote: »
    That's the maximum that Clare Footballers can go. It's their ceiling. Some great moments of individual brilliance from Malone ect but Meath just about deserved it. Clare play some lovely stuff but some of the mistakes were keystone Cops stuff. The backpass to the keeper...the keeper giving away a needless 45...the loss if possession. O Dea is possibly the worst tackler iv ever seen..just sticks out an arm and gets ran past with his long luscious locks waving in the breeze.... But again they work like demons but ultimately theres no where to go but down from here.

They same thing was said when John Maughan took over, or when Clare were a division 4 team. then a division 3 team,, now a division 2 team. It's overly negative. All I want to see is a team giving it everything it can this team is doing that. Yes we are a bit of the top teams, but we are ahead of more than we are behind.
    This team could do more, but it does need some more talent coming through. Collins has done a great job.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Marty Xavier

Ok moving on to a real game . when is the hurling championship starting in Clare,

I don't know what game you were watching, O'Dea was one of our key players. He is playing that spare defender role superbly, he was involved in turning over Meath possession on numerous occasions, he also slowed up Meath breaks by getting his body in or giving away a free where if the play was let develop Meath would have an overlap. He was penalised harshly by the referee on one or two occasions when he instigated a swarm tackle on a Meath man in possession and the free should have gone the other way. He plays a vital role that requires use of the brain and he is very good at it. In my opinion his tackling is very good.
    There is no ceiling for Clare football if strength in depth in the panel can be created anything is possible. In a perfect world Collins would have had Keelan Sexton, Pearse Lillis, Ciaran Russel, Liam Markham, Podge Collins, Cathal McInerney, Aiden McCarthy and Eoin Clearys brother in the squad last sunday.

• Advertisement

Ok moving on to a real game . when is the hurling championship starting in Clare,

??

Nonsense post the vast majority of the side are under 25, Brennan and Tubridy have a good few years left also not to mention the number of lads coming through the development work, there is years left and judging by the conditioning of the team I can't see this team going backwards,

letowski wrote: »
    Clare u20 team to play Cork on Wednesday:

1. Eamonn Foudy (Inagh-Kilnanona)
    2. Keith White (Inagh-Kilnanona)
    3. Aron Maloney (Kilmaley)
    4. Peter Casey (Ballyea)
    5. Daragh Lohan (Wolfe Tones)
    6. Ross Hayes (Crusheen)
    7. Dylan McMahon (Clonlara)
    8. Aidan McCarthy (Inagh-Kilnanona)
    9. Killian McDermott (Clarecastle)
    10. Aidan Moriarty (Clonlara)
    11. Diarmuid Ryan (Cratloe)
    12. Rian Considine (Cratloe)
    13. Mark Rodgers (Scariff)
    14. Gary Cooney (Mills)
    15. Breffni Horner (Crusheen)
    Subs:
    16. Cillian O Brien (Clonlara)
    17. Paddy Donnellan (Broadford)
    18. Jathan McMahon (Clonlara)
    19. Cathal Darcy (Kilmaley)
    20. William Halpin (Tulla)
    21. Darren Cullinan (Inagh-Kilnanona)
    22. Tiernan Agnew (Sixmilebridge)
    23. Keelan Guyler (Inagh-Kilnanona)
    24. Cian McInerney (Inagh-Kilnanona)

not the worst team in the world , some really good players for the future , would be a minor shock if they won tonight , but a good performance is huge here

very interested how daragh lohan , mark rodgers and ross hayes go at this level , the same can be said for cathal darcy and keelan guyler if they come on , all really good underage players and prospects for senior , ryan and aidan mccarthy have shown there credentials at senior inter county level i dont think cooney is that far behind them , up against a good cork team away from home bookies have them 5 point favorites , both them and tipperary look very strong at this level

U20's battled hard but were beaten by a much better team.

Some good displays in the back line. Maloney and Hayes were good in the center. Hayes has played alot underage at full back and could be a prospect next year. Keith White was good also, he is more a wing back/midfielder than a corner back.

Ryan and McCarthy were very good, but I couldn't understand why they put McCarthy wing back in the second half. They should have brought out White to replace Lohan and kept McCarthy midfield as he was picking off scores.

Most of our forwards were beaten, but they were not helped by some terrible passes inside. Rodgers flashed when he had possession but rarely got a good ball in front of him. Cooney similar.

That said, if the Clare seniors got Ryan, McCarthy, Rodgers and one of the backs to make the breakthrough, it wouldn't be a bad crop overall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭finbarrk

The Cusack Cup Final is on in Cooraclare this Sunday at 16.00. Clondegad v Miltown.
    The Garry Cup Final is on there the previous evening. Kildysart v Doonbeg.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭willietherock

anyone know if the minor game v Gal is being streamed live on youtube by TG4?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭roashter

Clare battling very well here. Level after 35mins. Meehan is an outstanding prospect.

Clare lost out there in the end by 2 points, they could have gotten a draw to finish the game but they went for goals as they needed the win.

Overall though, the minor had a very good campaign. There are alot of very good prospects in all the lines which encouraging for the future.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

letowski wrote: »
    Clare lost out there in the end by 2 points, they could have gotten a draw to finish the game but they went for goals as they needed the win.

Overall though, the minor had a very good campaign. There are alot of very good prospects in all the lines which encouraging for the future.

Overall they lost 4 games and won 3, of the 3 games they won only 1 was by more than a score, I don't think that's a good campaign at all considering the talent available.

• Advertisement

Clareman wrote:
    Overall they lost 4 games and won 3, of the 3 games they won only 1 was by more than a score, I don't think that's a good campaign at all considering the talent available.

I was looking more from the point of view they were able to play 7 games, which was good for their development hurling long into the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Centrepassage

Clare were the only minor team to lose 4 matches this year. Can't see any improvement next year without Meehan.

nonsense , its under 17 hurling its all about development , there are 3 or 4 really good players coming out of this team,conor hegerty would be the first choice , an excellent prospect , mehan yes but i think players like butler ,diarmuid cahill jarlath collins sean ronan all put in serious campaigns

hegerty is by a mile the best hurler on the side along with maybe ronan and butler , there are a few more i would like to see how they will develop next year but yeah very good year for the clare minors , meehan looks a better football prospect then hurling in terms of consistent performances

yes the style of hurling was hard to watch but that is the modern game at the moment and its no harm have guys prepared for it , pity bruiser didn't have a plan b though as we could have gone further

ok just to give praise to shane meehan individually he had a fine game today scored 0-13 v galway, a total of 1-24 in the minor hurling championship in 7 games

scored 0-28 points in the munster football championship is currently the 5th highest scorer in the country in the u17 grade in football

whatever sport he picks going forward he will have an excellent career

yes the style of hurling was hard to watch but that is the modern game at the moment and its no harm have guys prepared for it , pity bruiser didn't have a plan b though as we could have gone further

They are f**king minors, they should be just f**king playing the game to suit themselves not the opposition. There shouldn't be a plan A and a plan B, there should be a "This is how we play"

They are f**king minors, they should be just f**king playing the game to suit themselves not the opposition. There shouldn't be a plan A and a plan B, there should be a "This is how we play"

kilkenny had a similar set up at times last week in thurles , they changed there formations several times , i am sure they brought a plan b to thurles with them not just go out there and have a cut lads

there is more to development then just have a go lads ,

kilkenny had a similar set up at times last week in thurles , they changed there formations several times , i am sure they brought a plan b to thurles with them not just go out there and have a cut lads

there is more to development then just have a go lads ,

Have a look at the Cork development, 4 teams coming through to 1 central under 20 team but with a mind of 3 other teams.

To quote someone else, "if anyone thinks that any Clare hurling team is going to win an All Ireland without a Fitzgerald as a manager they are idiots", that's at any level

Have a look at the Cork development, 4 teams coming through to 1 central under 20 team but with a mind of 3 other teams.

To quote someone else, "if anyone thinks that any Clare hurling team is going to win an All Ireland without a Fitzgerald as a manager they are idiots", that's at any level

no idea who would come with a bleak output like that , i agree about cork they have stepped it up , a bit like what we done around 11 or 12 years ago when we were sliding down the ladder

i think ability wise the type of player coming through from last years and this years minors is a huge improvement from other years

but i dont think being asked to play a rigid style is going to make poor hurlers out of these lads it is horrible to watch at times i know but we do have some really good lads coming through and it seems they can play more then one style which will be a huge benefit in years to come , remember just getting out of the group was seen as a success for this years minors

Just reading Davy's At All Costs he mentions Clare GAA forums and has a right cut off "a clown from Scarriff endlessly demanding I step down for the good of Clare hurling". One of ye guys?

• Advertisement

Thats news to me. Cork have been poor at minor the last 2 yrs. Dont believe media hype.

Clare have a good a crop of 16, 17 and 18 year olds as anybody in the country imo. I think we will have a good u17 and u20 teams next year as we have alot of players still underage from both sides.

Its very important they are handled right as they are entering the most important period of their development. The coaches appointed have to be money. You look at that u17 team, because alot of them were playing more hybrid roles in the sweeper system, that will be a challenge in finding their best position in more conventional lineups. The biggest example would be Cian Galvin, who is an excellent prospect in his own right. I think he would be best at midfield or half forward, certainly a type of player the Clare seniors are looking for, but its difficult to judge him fully when he is playing sweeper. Two other very good players would be O'Donnell and Hegarty who have played in alot of different positions. Hegarty grew well into playing around midfield/half forward since they moved him out. O'Donnell is underage next year and played very well this summer.

Im not big into results to be honest. We have a couple of talented players coming through and so long as they keep in that trajectory, we will be in a good position to boost our senior squad in 2/3 years before most of our core players turn 30.

You do have some top you players coming through though to your senior team. Like for example, a Turnball and Cadogan corner forward duo will be a frightening prospect with their pace for any team beside Horgan. I guess the big thing for Cork is finding high quality backs.

Not sure about the last bit.. we had a Fitzgearld and won one all-Ireland and didn't come any where near it again until last year.

Donal and Gerry achieved far more at U21 level and Senior hasn't worked out. If Donal stays on as is rumoured then he will need a change of style and also go out and get the better club players in with a fresh approach.

Any team to win an All-ireland is going to need a management team that delivers new idea and develops new talent. But when it comes down to it, and the fat is in the frying pan, it will come down to the players in the end. Cork showed that this year again and they didn't win.

Just reading Davy's At All Costs he mentions Clare GAA forums and has a right cut off "a clown from Scarriff endlessly demanding I step down for the good of Clare hurling". One of ye guys?

i think he is referring to a supporter who had strong views of fitzgerald and the county board

for what its worth i have met that bloke at a few clare games and is one of the best supporters in the county and one of the most knowledgeable ,

he used twitter with a nickname but used his own name also in his posts fitzgerald has recently criticized the medium of online usernames in which people can hide behind the username itself but the chap in question always used his real name on twitter while given it to fitz ,

supporters need and are entitled to have a place to moan , if its online or in the pub fine , its the supporters that turn up in the rain and spend a fortune traveling up and down the country win lose or draw, to be fair most players are briefed on this and know the craic , even the younger lads playing u17 nowadays laugh at the likes of us but yet understand the craic , fitz doesn't however and would prefer we all kept our mouths shut

not quite sure if the chap form scariff uses boards that much anymore but is still active on twitter i believe

i think he is referring to a supporter who had strong views of fitzgerald and the county board

for what its worth i have met that bloke at a few clare games and is one of the best supporters in the county and one of the most knowledgeable ,

he used twitter with a nickname but used his own name also in his posts fitzgerald has recently criticized the medium of online usernames in which people can hide behind the username itself but the chap in question always used his real name on twitter while given it to fitz ,

supporters need and are entitled to have a place to moan , if its online or in the pub fine , its the supporters that turn up in the rain and spend a fortune traveling up and down the country win lose or draw, to be fair most players are briefed on this and know the craic , even the younger lads playing u17 nowadays laugh at the likes of us but yet understand the craic , fitz doesn't however and would prefer we all kept our mouths shut

not quite sure if the chap form scariff uses boards that much anymore but is still active on twitter i believe

Doubt it's this one. there are other Clare forums that are (or were) the wild west of GAA discussion. The old Clare hurlers forum got completely out of hand. It was beyond sane.
    And by the way, it's well know that Davy had people reporting back to him what was being said about him on the web.

Hello Davy! !!¬!¬ Put this in your next colouring book!

• Advertisement

Figerty wrote: »
    Doubt it's this one. there are other Clare forums that are (or were) the wild west of GAA discussion. The old Clare hurlers forum got completely out of hand. It was beyond sane.
    And by the way, it's well know that Davy had people reporting back to him what was being said about him on the web.

Hello Davy! !!¬!¬ Put this in your next colouring book!

the original clare hurlers form was a disgrace in fairness until they cleared it up ,

the facebook fella that is cracked altogether is a townie i think its him you are thinking of
    but our twitter friend from scariff id say is the man that got under fitzs nerves because most people agreed with him

also .... hi mark " waves " :pac:

ok so lads league is over championship starts next week ,

if i call the clare cup the biggest meh competition in the county the clare champion will pull out there sponsorship and probably move to galway :rolleyes:

but for kilmaley to go from intermediate struggles and bereavements and tragedies in between , they have overcome some serious obstacles

as a kilmihil man, under the new protocols i am expecting ye to turn the likes of young john finucane , ronan callinan ,sean crowley and gearoid o'grady into cannon hamilton winners just like ballyea did last year over the next few years ....no pressure !! :pac: well done today

Cup Hurling Final: Kilmaley: 1 - 26 Inagh- Kilnamona: 0 - 14

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Any further chat or rumours about potential senior management going forward? Heard last week that Moloney wants the gig on his own. Would love to see kinnerk given the job. Or even take a chance on Eddie Brennan.

Any further chat or rumours about potential senior management going forward? Heard last week that Moloney wants the gig on his own. Would love to see kinnerk given the job. Or even take a chance on Eddie Brennan.

At the moment Moloney is the front runner on his own, ó Connor cant commit anymore due to work

Daly wants the job also but says himself that pat Fitz will go against him if he runs

Very unlikely Davy will be in the mix this time around but will be in the next few years

Moloney will probably get the job I'd say, October county board meeting is when he's likely to be ratified

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭bluestone

What can Moloney offer on his own that he couldn’t deliver alongside o Connor?

• Advertisement
Advertisement