Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Washington @Steelers moved to Monday 5pm

Dobbins and Ingram are back for Wednesday which is presumably why the Ravens wanted the game moved back 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

Brutal stretch of games coming up, 3 in 12 days. Sensible thing would be to push the Washington game back a day

It's brutal on the team,great for us fans though. I guess we will know more soon enough on what's happening.

They just announced on the nfl app afew mins ago the match is moved to Wednesday at 3.40 ET and washington game to 5pm ET on the Monday

So 8.40 pm here on Wednesday and 10pm the following Monday.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

It's slightly easier that both are at home (no cross country travelling) and Wed-Mon is not that different to the original Sun-Thurs schedule. Hopefully they have had an extended period off that Tomlin was trying to engineer.

It's brutal on the team,great for us fans though. I guess we will know more soon enough on what's happening.

They just announced on the nfl app afew mins ago the match is moved to Wednesday at 3.40 ET and washington game to 5pm ET on the Monday

So 8.40 pm here on Wednesday and 10pm the following Monday.

The game times are lovely for us. Hopefully they get ahead early v Ravens and can pull some of the starters out but it’s still the Ravens so who knows, it would be just like them to make it a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Pouncey out for tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Dufflecoat Fanny

Ravens RBs Ingram and Dobbins out

Stupid coaching, kick the easy field goal!!

Yes Joe Haden!!

The number of drops on offence is crazy.

Can’t catch a ball on offense, can’t catch a runner on defense!!!!

• Advertisement

OOnegative wrote: »
    Can’t catch a ball on offense, can’t catch a runner on defense!!!!

It’s sloppy on both sides of the ball. There is absolutely no excuse not to be leading comfortably against a bunch of backups.

I just hope they can get it together and pull off a win at this stage

I understand the short passing game has served them well this season but surely you have to try a few runs here and there to keep them honest and see if there is anything there to be had. This is actually painful to watch with all the drops

I understand the short passing game has served them well this season but surely you have to try a few runs here and there to keep them honest and see if there is anything there to be had. This is actually painful to watch with all the drops

Not like all the drops are difficult catches either, I wasn’t expecting a blowout tonight either, as regardless what personnel the Ravens have available they are always difficult to beat.

Not like all the drops are difficult catches either, I wasn’t expecting a blowout tonight either, as regardless what personnel the Ravens have available they are always difficult to beat.

It’s hard to complain at 10-0 and this is what the Steelers have been doing all season, playing poorly but still winning. Frustrating to watch all the same though

Shocking by Johnson!!! Dupree appears to have injured his knee, hopefully not serious.

Shocking by Johnson!!! Dupree appears to have injured his knee, hopefully not serious.

DJ catches the hard ones and misses the easy ones. If he can fix that he’ll be a WR1

Dangerous here. Crazy to leave the Ravens hanging around this long

playoff teams will learn a lot from that one I think. The one place where the Ravens were unscathed was the secondary and they put a lot of pressure on the catches.

At times they just stopped blitzing because there was no threat of the Steelers running the ball and stopped the short stuff.

But two wins over the Ravens and in odd circumstances...

dfx- wrote: »
    playoff teams will learn a lot from that one I think. The one place where the Ravens were unscathed was the secondary and they put a lot of pressure on the catches.

At times they just stopped blitzing because there was no threat of the Steelers running the ball and stopped the short stuff.

But two wins over the Ravens and in odd circumstances...

I wouldn’t disagree but no matter what other teams learn most of them don’t have the personnel to match up with the Steelers receivers. If they hadn’t been dropping the ball at such an alarming rate this would have been a blowout. How many passes bounced off their hands tonight, I couldn’t even guess. Hopefully that’s just blip, one of those games.

The running game is definitely a worry, we have been saying it all year. We don’t have a running game, certainly not one that can be relied upon.

On a wider note the league deciding to effectively stop calling offensive holding is really curtailing the Steelers defence. Offensive linemen are virtually tackling the pass rush and know they will get away with it nine times out of ten. I know it’s a league wide thing that effects every team but when your identity is built around an absolutely elite pass rush it’s a killer. Some of what we saw tonight was just unbelievable. If this policy (I have no doubt it’s a policy to give offences an advantage and make games more exciting) continues you’d have to wonder if it’s worth investing so heavily in that unit as the Steelers have been doing.

Mike Garrafolo reporting that Bud has a torn ACL. Devastating blow if true. They don’t really have anybody to step in except Highsmith who is a rookie and quite raw

Mike Garrafolo reporting that Bud has a torn ACL. Devastating blow if true. They don’t really have anybody to step in except Highsmith who is a rookie and quite raw

I think Bud has played his last game for the Steelers. Shame to go out in such a crappy game.

• Advertisement

I think Bud has played his last game for the Steelers. Shame to go out in such a crappy game.

Yeah he won’t be back, this is why you can’t blame guys for holding out in contract years. I hope he gets a nice contract somewhere.

Loved Mike T’s presser, when asked why they struggled last night he just simply said ‘because we sucked’, LOL

One of the arguments around the Bell contract situation is that the guaranteed money may be lower at the Steelers than he was holding out for, but they do stick by it/look after you in times of injury - Shazier is another case where he was offered another deal straight away.

Do the Steelers offer Dupree something - maybe a one year deal before he goes back to the market...

dfx- wrote: »
    One of the arguments around the Bell contract situation is that the guaranteed money may be lower at the Steelers than he was holding out for, but they do stick by it/look after you in times of injury - Shazier is another case where he was offered another deal straight away.

Do the Steelers offer Dupree something - maybe a one year deal before he goes back to the market...

His suitors might not be as plentiful now coming off major knee surgery, hopefully the lad recovers completely and plays like he did prior to injury be it in Black and Gold or elsewhere. He’s been great to watch the past 18 months/2 years.

I would love if they could bring Bud back, a lot depends on where the cap falls. If the worst case scenario $175m transpires then I don’t think they can do anything for him unfortunately. They are probably already looking at cutting guys like Haden in that scenario.

In the meantime do they look to bring another edge defender in? They are so thin now it’s got to be a huge worry. Clay Matthews is available, he is 34 but all they’d need is somebody to sub in when TJ / Highsmith need a breather. Not sure who else is out there. Adenyi hasn’t really shown anything to date.

Couldn’t they tag Bud again?

Couldn’t they tag Bud again?

Cost would go up to nearly $20m so there is no way they tag him again.

They need to sign TJ next off season and that’ll probably be market setting type money so they can’t afford both unfortunately.

I think Dupree will still be signed to a big deal next year and the steelers should get a 4th round comp pick at minumum possibly even a 3rd

• Registered Users Posts: 31 shanev13

Seems like a lot of 'experts' would be happy to see the Steelers lose today.

Let's hope Big Ben plays well.

Ben will be grand once his entire receiving corp don’t have the dropsies again.

Washington are better than people think and have improved as the season has gone on. Can’t take this game for granted at all.

• Advertisement

9 TDs and 250 interceptions in 11 games:)

https://twitter.com/StatsGuyDaniel/status/1336071640569012225

Advertisement