Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Survivor Series 2020 (Contains Spoilers)

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

I'm a glutton for punishment..

My motn was Sasha/Asuka at ***1/2, Reigns/Drew had a nice 5 minutes at the end but it was so slow, had too many of the WWE cliches (stairs spots, shoulder into the post, table spot, through the barricade spot) and had the screwy finish too ***. New Day/Street Profits was fine ***1/4. The 2 Survivor Series matches were both plain bad, at worst nonsensical, at best just there, both **1/2. Lashley/Zayn made no sense, Sami doesn't care, nobody does **. The Undertaker ceremony with no fans and piped in chants was just odd. A show with no stakes at all and in ring that never rose above good and was outright bad too often.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

The Lana/ Nia stuff is so awful.. I guess this is their way of getting Lana over as a baby face. She gets mercilessly bullied and somehow wins the match without actually doing anything.

We know Rollins is taking time off but that was with his martyr elimination?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

They had a chance to make someone like Bianca look strong by letting her eliminate 2 or 3 people and being the sole survivor.

Instead they used her to help with the punchline of "Lol Lana".

• Registered Users Posts: 60,352 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Undertaker gimmick is finished for now.

I do expect to see BikerTaker or even Mean Mark still wrestle the odd match for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

TimesArrow wrote: »
    Vince hasn’t looked well for few years and seemed frail When he spoke.

So Big E’s role in SS was part of promoting a video game..

Overall, fairly disappointing show I thought. No consequences or stakes to any of it ( they didn’t even keep a score card) and the Taker farewell was fairly dull

Keeping Big E away from the SS match was a good call if they lost. It wasnt a bad show, very average overall. Not a patch on previous SS events.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,849 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

If the wrestlers can hear the piped in noise, I'm surprised Taker didn't tell them to stop it. It's always too loud anyway.
    Think someone hit the wrong key for the second "bong".
    And what was with the midi version of the theme with Media Player visualisations?

I don't play Gears of War but is that New Day thing not completely out of place?

From the preshow, I had to laugh at Murphy coming out with the Mysterios as if he's part of the family. I'm not a father but I'm pretty sure no longer being the only member of a cult would be enough to accept a 32 year man date my 19 year old daughter.

So the overall result was 3-3, with Raw winning if they choose to count the preshow.

The screwy finish in the main event was quite stupid. there was no need for Jey at all.

Meant to say in the Smackdown thread but Cole mention to Bianca that she was part of a real team this year as a dig at NXT, even though she was part of the winning NXT team last year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Its been a few months since I actually sat down and watched a show full through. But I threw it on today when working. I did accidently start an hour in (I accidently clicked part two of four) and haven't gotten to watch the Men's elimination or the Tag Team titles clash.

But from what I did see, I really enjoyed the show.

Drew vs Reigns was awesome. Two proper superstars, both giving it their absolute all. Hell Reigns is brilliant. Face Drew is brilliant. Proper main event level clash. I also love the guillotine as a finish, cause no matter who you are, a tight one will believable put you down. Reigns needed the win more imo too; he's the final boss who shouldn't lose till Mania. Drew can afford it more.

I thought Sasha vs Asuka was great. I actually really enjoyed the women's elimination (I loved the Lana ending, and I thought Bianca looked really strong, taking on both members of the tag champs and nearly overcoming them).

Sami vs Lashley was grand. Sami is a brilliant heel, and Hurt Business are an amazing stable.

I'm not 100% sure it was good enough of a show to fully bring me back, but it was a show I really enjoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,321 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The Undertaker gimmick is finished for now.

I do expect to see BikerTaker or even Mean Mark still wrestle the odd match for money.

I took it Mark was officially done, retired, but is anyone ever completely done

• Registered Users Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

CastorTroy wrote: »
    If the wrestlers can hear the piped in noise, I'm surprised Taker didn't tell them to stop it. It's always too loud anyway.
    Think someone hit the wrong key for the second "bong".
    They even had a fake crowd say 'peace' along with him saying 'rest in peace'. But they hit the button twice so it sounded like 'rest in peepee'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

ShaneU wrote: »
    They even had a fake crowd say 'peace' along with him saying 'rest in peace'. But they hit the button twice so it sounded like 'rest in peepee'

they kept that in for the social media clip too... you'd imagine it wouldn't be too hard to fix seeing as the crowd noises are definitely added in post. Desperate...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Rewatched Vinces bit in the ring. Honestly I find it painful and cringeworthy to see him nowadays. His promos are rambling, he looks frail and feeble and he’s looking like a cross between Liberace/ Barry Manilow with the face lift/ Botox

• Registered Users Posts: 60,352 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I took it Mark was officially done, retired, but is anyone ever completely done

I don't no it was just the way he said it was time to retire The Undertaker.

Not it was time for me retire.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,898 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Poor Kane coming out in his wrestling gear

Bringing all the lads out and then the video package and suddenly there all gone with only Vincr standing in the ring ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Poor Kane coming out in his wrestling gear

Bringing all the lads out and then the video package and suddenly there all gone with only Vincr standing in the ring ?

It was like Rodney and Delboy showing up as Batman and Robin to the funeral, very awkward

What was the point in bringing them all out only to disappear when he came out? Absolute rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

• Registered Users Posts: 39,557 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I have to say I did like the women’s survivor series match which I did watch live even though I said I was going to bed. Bianca beliar is a star in the making. Not surprisingly ruby riot was great and say what you want about early liv Morgan but she’s coming more and more into her own. Perron Royce getting the pin on bayley won’t hurt her. A good match all around.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,321 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Have seen ones online saying the Seth bit was to avoid working with Riddle.

The bit made zero sense.

Surely if he was hellbent on not working with Matt there are other ways. Its was just so stupid.

But Ive given up trying to make sense of WWE booking.

Would love to know what their beef is about. It can't be about Riddle's recent accusations towards him because him and Rollins sniping goes back way further than that.

• Advertisement

Supposedly due to Riddle's wife insulting Becky

Supposedly due to Riddle's wife insulting Becky

Yeah Riddles past infidelities appear to have intensified her insecurities and she decided to criticise Beckys appearance online.

Rollins and Riddle were trading shots before Riddle's wife took aim at Becky though.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Rollins and Riddle were trading shots before Riddle's wife took aim at Becky though.

I assumed that was Riddle being Riddle and Seth playing along. **** got real when the wife got involved.

Advertisement