Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lack of live music

• 01-12-2020 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

My daughter is getting married next week. With COVID restrictions and no live music what are people doing to entertain their guests?
    Would appreciate any suggestions.
    Thank you.
    😷😷

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

I thought the "ban" on live music was only under level 5 restrictions?

https://covid19.failteireland.ie/industry-updates/government-update-on-wedding-guidelines-october-21-2020/

There are still a lot of things that need to be clarified for level 3, but I thought that live music at weddings was allowed again like the last time we were in level 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭French Toast

Was at a wedding recently with 25 in attendance. Hotel organised music to be played over speakers - laptop and a Spotify playlist.

It was grand to be fair. It was subdued, not much dancing but the music acted as a nice filler to avoid any eery silence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I was at a wedding a few years back where Spotify was the DJ. A decent sound system and lights and it’s grand. The dance floor was hopping all night.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Lavdogg

Getting married at the end of the month too, we're having a spotify playlist also, but have been told that it can't be too loud!

It was on the RTE news over the weekend that it will be discussed with the relevant minister to see if it can be changed, because it doesnt make much of a difference if its the max of 25 ppl at both the church and reception

Any suggestions on entertainment also welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Queried

I just spotted this after posting a new thread about pretty much the same thing. We are having under 15 so I was thinking some board games and stuff but I'm a bit at a loss too. Don't want anyone to be bored!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭ontheditch2

We had 30 at a wedding in the summer.

Had 3 Spotify playlists saved.

One for arrival, one for dinner and one for after.

Small sporadic dancing from 4 or 5 people throughout the night but it was perfect.

I had an old phone, which I hooked up to the sound system in the venue and it was synced to my current phone.
    I was able to change the playlists, adjust volume, skip songs, play requests etc as needed from my current phone which I had on me, so that was a great help. Didn't have to keep going up to the barman asking him to change anything.

Best of luck with it.

Advertisement