Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Champions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,719 ✭✭✭giveitholly

World champions as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

damn it missed first second and third

edit: actually OP doesn't count so that's a Leicester for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Two rough openers dealt with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,481 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Sixth :)

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,890 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Our Year!

Oh wait!

Our Year Again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,403 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Im bored now, i miss the self implosive tendencies of the Liverpool of old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭Grueller

No one signed in 3 days. FSG out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Any signings today??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Thiago for the Carabao Cup!

From last thread, the loan/sell list
    Karius
    Wilson
    Grujic
    Shaq
    Brewster
    Phillips

Could get 70m for them if Palace or Sheff United are serious about Brewster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

A lot of reports online suggesting we are about to sign Sarr.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

VAR! VAR! VAR!

Mbappe is flying over to sign as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Mbappe is flying over to sign as well.

Sarr is at Lime Street station now waiting for him.

The club want them to share a taxi to Melwood to save money.

Michael Edwards at it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,481 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

DVDM93 wrote: »
    Sarr is at Lime Street station now waiting for him.

The club want them to share a taxi to Melwood to save money.

Michael Edwards at it again.

A “Sarr-pool”, if you will?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Turtyturd wrote: »
    VAR! VAR! VAR!

Sarr! Sarr! Sarr!

So Mane, Salah and Firmino all off before October 5th then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

I personally feel Sarr would be a waste of money, but if Klopp wants him then I won't complain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

We all know that there will be no more players signed this window

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,047 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Kelleher, Woodburn & Clarkson among the squad playing Wigan tonight in the EFL cup for the u21s, so we know that they won't be involved Thursday for the League Cup.

Opportunity for Woodburn to put himself in the shop window to get his loan move.

• Advertisement

Adrian :eek:

I thought it was reported a few weeks back that Woodburn had agreed a loan to join Rotterdam

Karius for the League Cup game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,898 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

I thought it was reported a few weeks back that Woodburn had agreed a loan to join Rotterdam

Karius for the League Cup :eek:]

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Karius for the League Cup game.

Klopp obviously wants out of this comp early doors

Thiago say he will respect the tradition of not touching the This Anfield Sign until he wins a trophy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Klopp obviously wants out of this comp early doors

he tried fielding an illegible player last year and that didn't work, this looks like the nuclear option

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

We all know that there will be no more players signed this window

Especially after today's announcement that even partial crowds won't be allowed for another 6 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,814 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Moyes and two player tested positive for Corna
    They played Arsenal last weekend wonder will if have any knock on effect on our game on Monday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,284 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Just play kids, I don't want a key player near that competition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,988 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

rob316 wrote: »
    Just play kids, I don't want a key player near that competition.

We have a fairly big squad now, with tonnes of players that won't be playing much for a while. Stuff like this and the FA Cup are kind of the point of having that depth, so I hope we see a decent second string team, with Adrian in goal, then Tsimikas and Williams at full back, at centreback Billy and ideally Matip if he's ready to get some minutes into his legs, any 3 of our huge roster of midfielders - but certainly including Jones, and Ox if he's fit. Maybe Minimino as well playing as an AMC. And then Elliott, Jota, and Divock up top.

We have the depth to actually make a decent stab at winning the two side trophies now without overplaying our first 11, so why not go for them? Winning is winning. I also love the EFL Cup, it's a lot more interesting to watch than the FA cup since it's usually the fringe players at each club seizing their chance to push for the first team. And and it's a cup we're closely connected with.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    We have a fairly big squad now, with tonnes of players that won't be playing much for a while. Stuff like this and the FA Cup are kind of the point of having that depth, so I hope we see a decent second string team, with Adrian in goal, then Tsimikas and Williams at full back, at centreback Billy and ideally Matip if he's ready to get some minutes into his legs, any 3 of our huge roster of midfielders - but certainly including Jones, and Ox if he's fit. Maybe Minimino as well playing as an AMC. And then Elliott, Jota, and Divock up top.

We have the depth to actually make a decent stab at winning the two side trophies now without overplaying our first 11, so why not go for them? Winning is winning. I also love the EFL Cup, it's a lot more interesting to watch than the FA cup since it's usually the fringe players at each club seizing their chance to push for the first team. And and it's a cup we're closely connected with.

Matip will be another few weeks with a calf strain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,988 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Matip will be another few weeks with a calf strain.

If only he could keep fit!

Maybe Gomez beside Billy then, or even Milner as an old head to guide him through.

Though actually Nat Phillips is still at the club right? Probably him beside Billy if so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Agreed. We can play a very strong cup team without impacting on the first team. I'd be actually in playing mostly guys who are pushing for a place in the first team, along with most promising youngsters. I don't ever remember a Liverpool squad with such strenth in depth (apart from at CB).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭robwen

Billy was injured for Chelsea Sunday aswell though it was said not to be serious similar to Gomez, hopefully he's fit to start would be good to get a look at him in proper game.
    Any sign of Shaq he'd surely be in line for a start, would Shaq have played with Thiago at Munich?

• Advertisement

Fitz* wrote: »
    Kelleher, Woodburn & Clarkson among the squad playing Wigan tonight in the EFL cup for the u21s, so we know that they won't be involved Thursday for the League Cup.

Opportunity for Woodburn to put himself in the shop window to get his loan move.

They lost 6 - 1 so not a great shop window.

Kelleher, Sharif, Savage, Clayton, Beck, Cain (Balagizi, 84), Clarkson, Woodburn, Bearne (Dixon-Bonner, 64), Longstaff (O’Rourke, 84), Millar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

robwen wrote: »
    Any sign of Shaq he'd surely be in line for a start, would Shaq have played with Thiago at Munich?
    Yes for a short time.

robwen wrote: »
    Billy was injured for Chelsea Sunday aswell though it was said not to be serious similar to Gomez, hopefully he's fit to start would be good to get a look at him in proper game.

Something tells me we will never see Shaq in a Liverpool shirt again. When was his last game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

If only he could keep fit!

Maybe Gomez beside Billy then, or even Milner as an old head to guide him through.

Though actually Nat Phillips is still at the club right? Probably him beside Billy if so.

Who’s Billy?

cj maxx wrote: »
    Who’s Billy?

17 year old 6ft3 French centre back from the youth squad.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Tusky wrote: »
    Something tells me we will never see Shaw in a Liverpool shirt again. When was his last game?

He'd be lucky to start in our U23 team imo.

Besides, he's starting every game for United at left back so I can't see why he'd move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

cj maxx wrote: »
    Who’s Billy?
    Sport Billy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Talisman wrote: »

Magic in his hands? Must be a keeper, to take Allison’s place ? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,269 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Edj_IDYXkAASuJ4?format=jpg

Edj-JGRWAAAte8p?format=jpg

Edj8rUGWAAQwr2t?format=png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,422 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

NINTCHDBPICT000597445862.jpg?strip=all&w=960&quality=100

PA-43275825-copy.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,047 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Something tells me we will never see Shaq in a Liverpool shirt again. When was his last game?

Played 7 mins against Arsenal after the lockdown. Played 1 minute against Spurs in January.

Only actually made the pitch 7 times in the league last season, with only 3 starts. Only played 90 once, in that thrashing of Everton in which he scored.

His fitness problems - I'm not sure if he is really unlucky, or if there is a different issue behind the scenes that we are not being told about. Maybe it's the intensity in training that he can not keep up with.

He certainly can be an addition if he stays fit. Another left footer and he has a great cross on him and set piece abilities. Not afraid to shoot either. But that said if an offer of 15m-20m cones in, I would take it as his availability is very low now I think each of Jota, Minamino & Origi are ahead of him in the pecking order, even with none of those being a option on the right wing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I will never tire of this.

Corner. Taken. Quickly.

Fitz* wrote: »
    Played 7 mins against Arsenal after the lockdown. Played 1 minute against Spurs in January.

Only actually made the pitch 7 times in the league last season, with only 3 starts. Only played 90 once, in that thrashing of Everton in which he scored.

His fitness problems - I'm not sure if he is really unlucky, or if there is a different issue behind the scenes that we are not being told about. Maybe it's the intensity in training that he can not keep up with.

He certainly can be an addition if he stays fit. Another left footer and he has a great cross on him and set piece abilities. Not afraid to shoot either. But that said if an offer of 15m-20m cones in, I would take it as his availability is very low now I think each of Jota, Minamino & Origi are ahead of him in the pecking order, even with none of those being a option on the right wing.

Yeah, there's no doubting his talent. He looked like he would be a great asset initially, especially off the bench. But there seems to be somehing off with him, something beyond fitness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Yeah, there's no doubting his talent. He looked like he would be a great asset initially, especially off the bench. But there seems to be somehing off with him, something beyond fitness.

He's like a reverse Samson; since he got all that new hair he must be ****e in training.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement