Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a Mini Digger 4ton or less

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭leitrim lad

remember what i told you ,its your market not the salesmans, your the boss because you have the money, and you know that old sayen, or was it a song "money talks"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

I'm using a Tekauchi TB125 at the moment, and its great. It's got all the bells and whistles, very happy with it. I saw a terex over on done deal for 8k there other day, looked ok value. Dont know much about them tho'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

remember what i told you ,its your market not the salesmans, your the boss because you have the money, and you know that old sayen, or was it a song "money talks"

Haha, don't worry I'm from Cavan I'll not be throwing money away ;)

Farls wrote: »
    Haha, don't worry I'm from Cavan I'll not be throwing money away ;)

Spoken like a true Breffni man:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 redvictoria

Looking for a 3 or 4 ton digger. Does anyone know anything about a dealer in Offaly or somwhere near there. Heard they were dodgy.

MODEDIT:

Please do not engage in "I heard they were dodgy" kind of conversations. That's libelous and against boards rules.
    It's also a bannable offence.

• Advertisement

i seen a few nice tackeuchais on mascus this week, in england at right enough money,

i weighed it up and rang a few of them up, thatl tell you how busy i am, but anyways,

2006 tb125 around 1500 hours 3 buckets quick hitch hammer piped, and very origional and clean good tracks, about half wore at them hours,

will be bought for 10k sterling no vat outside the rep.

just your vat number and they will put it on the boat in holly head for you

go to www.mascus.ie/construction/excavators and pages 1,2,3 will have them

about that dealer in offaly did he go bust a few years ago, i think i know who you are on about , if its the same bloke he deals in alot of japanese hitachis , and if so i bought a 200-5 off him just before he last went bust 5-6 years ago, and i still have it shes going like a clock, but i wouldnt buy anyother mini digger under 6 ton apart from takeuchai ,and over 6 ton an ex60

i seen a few nice tackeuchais on mascus this week, in england at right enough money,

i weighed it up and rang a few of them up, thatl tell you how busy i am, but anyways,

2006 tb125 around 1500 hours 3 buckets quick hitch hammer piped, and very origional and clean good tracks, about half wore at them hours,

will be bought for 10k sterling no vat outside the rep.

just your vat number and they will put it on the boat in holly head for you

go to www.mascus.ie/construction/excavators and pages 1,2,3 will have them

about that dealer in offaly did he go bust a few years ago, i think i know who you are on about , if its the same bloke he deals in alot of japanese hitachis , and if so i bought a 200-5 off him just before he last went bust 5-6 years ago, and i still have it shes going like a clock, but i wouldnt buy anyother mini digger under 6 ton apart from takeuchai ,and over 6 ton an ex60

Jaysus ya must be bored! I have 2 lined up to look at over the weekend, one in meath and one in dublin, both private sales. Viewed one up the top end of donegal last week...01 tb125 with 2500 hours and well shuck on the outside but mechanically sound...9.5k no vat.

I was looking at mascus there i see two tb125's on it down southampton both for around the 16k mark including vat. are these the ones your on about?

If I got a tidy 06 one for 10k sterling + uk vat at 15% i'd buy it in the morning!!

yes farls bored cant cut turf today too wet, and looking at a yard full of gear all ready to work , but id say theyll be waiting a while.

ya them machines are in southhampton country, around 10k sterling with irish vat number and i would say they are genuine they havent been tarted up yet

that machine in donegal was pricey , i would have offered them around 3-4 cash or else walk away, and if she was rough that a sign of those wonderful drivers i told you about in a previos post,

you know the lads who stick out the chest in the pub and tell the parish how to drive a digger ,and they normally go on to tell how to dig with the bucket and the balance weight at the same time

double the production :D

i can tell you they wont be sitting in one of mine

yes farls bored cant cut turf today too wet, and looking at a yard full of gear all ready to work , but id say theyll be waiting a while.

ya them machines are in southhampton country, around 10k sterling with irish vat number and i would say they are genuine they havent been tarted up yet

that machine in donegal was pricey , i would have offered them around 3-4 cash or else walk away, and if she was rough that a sign of those wonderful drivers i told you about in a previos post,

you know the lads who stick out the chest in the pub and tell the parish how to drive a digger ,and they normally go on to tell how to dig with the bucket and the balance weight at the same time

double the production :D

i can tell you they wont be sitting in one of mine

Ah sure ya can do nothing this weather, a neighbour of mine was doing a bit of drainage and tidying up the backs of a few hedges on wednesday and in landed the environmental crowd and ran him of his own land!! Thats another story though.

I'm not VAT registered so could I just pay the UK VAT at 15%, whats the story with gettin them transported over? I know haulage costs nothing these days

you might get a cash deal in the uk then , not being registered,

haulage about 500 either euro or sterling ,thats the going rate at the min for nearly anything from a 200 down to a mini

and again if you got a man on his way back empty he would nearly oblidge you for a couple of 50 notes

im lucky has all our own land clean, and all the plant is greased, washed,serviced, and ready to go , wont find the silage starting when the turfs finished, and im doing a bit of land work aswell a few youkes out at that ,but alot of big stuff parked , i have a quarry aswell and i normally put out 3000 load a week

last week i put out 15 load so everything there is parked aswell, even the phone

• Advertisement

Finally after weeks of searching I have a Takeuchi 125 bought! Just a quick question, what sort of documentation should you get with a digger?

Good Buy! Big Fan of em I'am!
    Good question too........I guess i'd be wanting something proving the provenance of the digger...ie. no outstanding finance allowing some finance co. have a claim over it.

Good Buy! Big Fan of em I'am!
    Good question too........I guess i'd be wanting something proving the provenance of the digger...ie. no outstanding finance allowing some finance co. have a claim over it.

Cheers, I'm looking forward to picking it up now. I take it there's no log book as such that goes with these machines?

Not if its not road registered - ie.got a number plate which i doubt it does. Ask for the original invoice for it if available just to have.

Not if its not road registered - ie.got a number plate which i doubt it does. Ask for the original invoice for it if available just to have.

I was wondering about that...just to have some come back so to say. I don't want to be in the position next year where I'm selling it and somebody says 'you didn't get the vehicle cert' or something similar. I'll have an invoice for the machine alright from the guy I'm buying from but thats it. I take it thats all I need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Rujib1

Thinking of going to see this one!
    Does it look fair value, and what should I look out for.

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/trucks/922261

Thanks

Rujib

cant open that page

Farls wrote: »
    Finally after weeks of searching I have a Takeuchi 125 bought! Just a quick question, what sort of documentation should you get with a digger?

normally a document of confirmity, and a dispersal invoice, also do a finance check

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Rujib1

cant open that page

This link should work!

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/trucks/922261

R1

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dmf1

just wondering if anyone knows what sort of insurance is required for a track machine? Does the tractor insurance cover any third party damage when moving the digger with a low loader?

• Advertisement

dmf1 wrote: »
    just wondering if anyone knows what sort of insurance is required for a track machine? Does the tractor insurance cover any third party damage when moving the digger with a low loader?

no it doesnt , you need to get cover on your lowloader which is dear ,and no one under 25 can drive the lowloader, let it be a tractor , or a lorry,

also you should have comp on your machine in case it ever slipped off the trailer, or the engine blew, or it went on fire, my insurance even covered a chipped windscreen in the 330 from the breaker,

that will tell you how busy i am when im fixing little things like that, my fleet is like brand new and some of them are ex120.5 and200.5 1998 machines

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Flogger

Hi All

Don't post much here but am looking for someone good and reliable for a hydraulic repair job on an Ex60-1 in the midlands area.

Dont know where to start so all help appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

no it doesnt , you need to get cover on your lowloader which is dear ,and no one under 25 can drive the lowloader, let it be a tractor , or a lorry,

also you should have comp on your machine in case it ever slipped off the trailer, or the engine blew, or it went on fire, my insurance even covered a chipped windscreen in the 330 from the breaker,

that will tell you how busy i am when im fixing little things like that, my fleet is like brand new and some of them are ex120.5 and200.5 1998 machines

You sure about that one?? engines blowing can be put down to normal wear and tear, and not covered by insurance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Jonty wrote: »
    You sure about that one?? engines blowing can be put down to normal wear and tear, and not covered by insurance.

Leitrim lad is site banned and won't be back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 yamen

Need some advice LeitrimLad.

Whats your view on the Airman AX40U 1999 or therabouts. Is it reliable... whats your take ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Leitrim lad has been permanently banned from the whole site. He will not be able to reply to you.

Someone else might have the answer for you though.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 thierrys other hand

Puncell wrote: »

The engine - the usual things to watch out for here
    if your going to look at one, tell them on the phone first not too have the engine running or warm before you get there, ie. you want to hear it start from cold. check for back-pressure on the engine also.

Hi - what is back pressure and how do i check for it? its something i should know but i don't really.
    Thanks

p.s. anyone heard of hinowa mini diggers?

Advertisement