Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this a good sign?

Options
  • 14-10-2019 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

A friend of mine who has been desperate to get a apartment has been asked to provide photo I.D for a apartment they viewed Saturday, is this a good sign that they may have got it or just standard process?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Would it not be smart to make a bid and see if its, accepted before giving any
    id or any other document,s to the estate agent.
    I Think its strange for an agent to ask for any document before you put in a bid or your bid has been accepted .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

riclad wrote: »
    Would it not be smart to make a bid and see if its, accepted before giving any
    id or any other document,s to the estate agent.
    I Think its strange for an agent to ask for any document before you put in a bid or your bid has been accepted .

Oh sorry thats all been done, just waiting on who gets picked.

The agent should tell your solicitor if your bid has been accepted in the next 2 day,s ,
    he might say the bid is too low, or someone else has placed a higher bid .
    i presume you are bidding using a solicitor .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Salary Negotiator

riclad wrote: »
    The agent should tell your solicitor if your bid has been accepted in the next 2 day,s ,
    he might say the bid is too low, or someone else has placed a higher bid .
    i presume you are bidding using a solicitor .

More likely a rental and not a purchase.

If you are renting an apartment, the agent will expect to see photo id,some document to prove you are working full time . maybe a payslip, to show you can afford to pay the rent , and a bank statement .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

A friend of mine who has been desperate to get a apartment has been asked to provide photo I.D for a apartment they viewed Saturday, is this a good sign that they may have got it or just standard process?
    An easy way to filter out any nationalities that the landlord doesn't like.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,872 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

the_syco wrote: »
    An easy way to filter out any nationalities that the landlord doesn't like.

Or a way to verify who you are handing the keys to several hundred thousands of Euro to. Every business asks for photo ID for contracts not just LLs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

Del2005 wrote: »
    Or a way to verify who you are handing the keys to several hundred thousands of Euro to. Every business asks for photo ID for contracts not just LLs.

exactly

If i rented a room to someone i,d ask for 3 id,s , a photo id, and a payslip, some document to show you work for an employer .
    You are not an intern working there for 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,160 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

i can't see how there is any difficulty getting a rental at the moment. The rental market is weakening and there is plenty of accommodation on offer. Another effect of the rent cap is to make landlords slow to drop the rent in case they get locked into a lower rent permanently. As a result there are apartments on the market for months

• Advertisement
Advertisement