Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Xmas Comedy gig in aid of the Santa Strike Force

Options
  • 05-11-2010 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭

Ladies & Gentlemen, Boys & Girls, you are cordially invited to the 3rd annual Boards.ie Stand-Up Comedy Night in aid of The Santa Strike Force.

Hope you all can make it along to support the Santa Strike Force and have a Fantabulous Night at the same time!

When: Saturday the 4th of December
    Where: The basement Bar, Peader Kearneys, Dame St, Dublin (location)
    Who: The best of Irish and International acts, as seen here on boards and abroad
    Why: to Raise Money for the Santa Strike Force
    How Much:
    Free!! -> but donations to the SSF welcome

There will also be a raffle on the night with some pretty slick prizes….. (watch this space)

Any questions feel free to ask (if you are looking for a spot ask by pm, not on thread please). I will get back to you asap!

Going to be a brilliant night folks and for a very very good cause.

SSF2_lge.jpg
    Come see great comedy and help kids in need!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Facebook page is up ya'all

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=139680336083776&ref=ts

Invite yo' friends!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

the gig is so good it has it's own poster!

BoardsGig_Smaller.jpg

:D:D

As if you needed more incentive to turn up to this gig, we have an amazing raffle taking place on the night, for only €1 a ticket you could win one of the following amazing prizes:
    • A pair of tickets to see The Script in the o2 (x2)
    • A pair of tickets to see JLS in the o2 (x2)
    • A bottle of Baileys (w/ Bailey glasses)
    • A bottle of Captain Morgans
    • A bottle of Bushmills
    • A bottle of wine (x2)
    • A Guess Wallet
    • WWE Adult bag (Tshirt, signed photos, Annual, tote bag)
    • WWE Kids bag (Tshirt, signed Photos, magazine, tote bag)
    • Luxury Danucci Chocolates
    • Galvaseans ultimate movie collection
    • Trésor by Lancome Perfume gift set
    • Postman Pat Transformer
    • A Singing Pig
    • Rock band Biography/Autobiography set (AC/DC, Aersomith, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Status Quo)
    • Selection of Board Games (x3)
    • Simpsons Chess set
    • A Raptor
    • Build your own radio kit
    • Sideshow Bob Figure
    • A Can of Dutch Gold
    • A Signed picture of Simon Cowell!

This night just gets better and better!! :D

A bit of snow isn't going to stop us! This gig is going ahead! Oh and to warm you up I have a big announcement:

Thanks to our friends from Zamano in association with Sunway, we have 3 €100 holiday vouchers added to the raffle!! Get away from the snow and into the sun with sunway! :D

New Raffle Addition: A big Bottle of Smirnoff Vodka - It'll Warm the cockles of your heart!!

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

A Raptor
    .A Can of Dutch Gold

The makings of every great night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

A most excellent night was had, the comedians we had were hilarious and it's always nice when you get Boards.ie specific material :)

I'm sickened that DeVore won the Postman Pat Transformer in the raffle, but BaconZombie winning JLS tickets has to have been one of the funniest things I've seen this year.

I'm sure well get a count on how much money was raised on the night before too long, so thank you every for showing their support.

Mad innit? Some of Ireland's very best comedians bringing out their A game and yet allof that hilarity paled in comparison to the laugh riot that was BaconZombie winning those tickets! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Great night really enjoyed it, is there a list of the preformers?

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Great night really enjoyed it, is there a list of the preformers?

I'll try jog my memory (not certain I have the running order right).

Kieran Lawless was the MC.

First half:
    The Absurders (improv group) were on first.
    Kevin Lockard (Barry White voice guy)
    Niamh Marron (blonde lady)

Second half:
    Damon Blake (Australian/Canadian hybrid accent)
    Jim Elliot (Christian Bale lookalike)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Legend_DIT

Hey guys,

Brian from The Absurders here - we really enjoyed last night - it was the first time we have ever been asked to "switch back" in that last game we played!

I had to head off soon afterwards - don't suppose there was any chance I won in the raffle? :D

Legend_DIT wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Brian from The Absurders here - we really enjoyed last night - it was the first time we have ever been asked to "switch back" in that last game we played!

I had to head off soon afterwards - don't suppose there was any chance I won in the raffle? :D

Sadly no.

And that b@stard who yelled switch at the pinultimate moment... IT WAS ME!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Cheers for helping us out guys. Glad ye enjoyed it.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Great night, superb performers!! Really good standard of stand up!

I'll be back to you on Monday evening with a count of the donations.... Thanks again to all, particularly the organiser ;)

DeV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Due to prior commitments I couldn't make this one but glad to hear it went well. Some funny funny people on that bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Twas a great night, I won both the cans of festive tuborg which were promptly drank and the rock biography which I ransomed for a pretty girls phone number. Success.

Was very surprised by the caliber of comedy. Thanks for a great night guys, way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Feck, missed this one :( Was gas last year.

Big thanks to anyone and everyone who came to the gig and made it such a rip roaring sucess! Great gig, Great night for a Great cause!

Roll on next year!!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

A great success indeed, the final tally comes in at €1,034.

Last year we fitted out an entire Rehab play room for about that sum, so hopefully we will be able to do something similar this year!

Many thanks to the two lads for all the hard work and effort, yer legends!

DeV.

DeVore wrote: »
    A great success indeed, the final tally comes in at €1,034.

Last year we fitted out an entire Rehab play room for about that sum, so hopefully we will be able to do something similar this year!

Many thanks to the two lads for all the hard work and effort, yer legends!

DeV.

That is amazing!! This makes it all worthwhile! Took years off my life but completely worth every second!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭SlimJ

Yo,
    Jim Elliott here, I was the last act on.
    I had a great time- thanks to all who came out in the crap weather, y'all were a great crowd.

Cheers as well to Graham- these things are total pains in the hole to set up, and it went well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Damon Blake

Hello, I was the second last act on and I think Jim should be banned from Boards.ie.

Gas all these comedians who were slagging boardsies and they have accounts from 2008 etc hehehe... ;p

Thanks again guys, ye were awesome!!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Offer €50 donation for Optimus Pat!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭SlimJ

Hello, I was the second last act on and I think Jim should be banned from Boards.ie.

Calling for a banning is against the charter.

I think you should read the charter that I have helpfully printed out, framed, and installed IN YOUR MOTHERS POOP CHUTE! HOW YA LIKE THAT BLAKE!!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Damon Blake

Jesus Jim, even after she took you in and raised you as one of her own you can't help but attack her.

She'll be heartbroken, I hope you have a lovely Christmas, alone with your whiskey and misspelt tattoos.

NothingMan wrote: »
    Offer €50 donation for Optimus Pat!!! :pac:
    hmmmm, interesting... Do I hear higher than 50?? Anyone??

DeV.

DeVore wrote: »
    hmmmm, interesting... Do I hear higher than 50?? Anyone??

DeV.

wow, populate this around and id say you will get a tidy sum for it....i know kharn wants it badly!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement