Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

20-02-2020, 21:06   #31
Yellow_Fern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess2019 View Post
I’ve never heard of clamping in a private housing estate before. Once there are no double yellow lines it’s fine to park there. Unless the law has changed?
I have heard this before but it can take years get sufficient leverage in management company to end it. At CD hasn't been an AGM last so you cant even try to end it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatling View Post
Only if there is a management company who hires them in housing estates it doesn't happen
Id imagine its common but I am not an authority.
Advertisement
20-02-2020, 22:03   #32
Jess2019

Hi,
Yes house type 3 has a kitchen at the back and a family room.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey2020 View Post
Hi there, does this house you mentioned have the kitchen to the back?
20-02-2020, 22:20   #33
Joey2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess2019 View Post
Hi,
Yes house type 3 has a kitchen at the back and a family room.

Thanks a mill. I'm going tohave another lookkn Sat will look out for this one. Really keen but parking is worrying me as we have 2 cars! Ah decisions decisions!
21-02-2020, 00:30   #34
Jess2019

The house we viewed which is similar enough to house type 3 is just across from the two show houses. It’s beside the house type 8 which has the living room on 1 side and the kitchen on the other. It wasn’t clearly marked last week but we knew it was open as we checked it out when we originally went up to put our deposit down.
I know the parking is a pain, we just have 1 car so aren’t too worried about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey2020 View Post
Thanks a mill. I'm going tohave another lookkn Sat will look out for this one. Really keen but parking is worrying me as we have 2 cars! Ah decisions decisions!
24-02-2020, 21:16   #35
thepolymath

Is anyone aware that An Bord Pleanála has granted planning permission for almost 488 apartments at the empty space between Saggart Luas Stop and Parklands Development . This seems to have been done despite the opposition of outgoing Fine Gael TD Colm Brophy and a number of local residents.

This was approved on 3rd Feb 2020 and Irish times reported the news on 5th Feb 2020. Just few weeks ago.

This seems quite a lot, considering Parklands itself has close to 500 homes and now with the additional 500 apartments, the total count of houses/apartments now is close to 1000.

How will this affect the area? Especially the congestion at Saggart Luas Stop?

Affect on the number of the council houses?

I cannot paste the news link, however please search for Harcourt Saggart 488 apartments in Google.
Advertisement
25-02-2020, 15:52   #36
Jess2019

Have a look at the Citywest Residents Action Group on Facebook. They post a lot of information about the new apartments which are being built in Citywest.

https://www.facebook.com/citywestresidentsactiongroup/
02-03-2020, 12:04   #37
Jess2019

UPDATE
So I spoke to my solicitor today. He advised there will be 20% social and affordable housing in Parklands. You cannot add an extension to the property. There is a property management company (he is trying to find out the fees involved). And he is trying to clarify the parking situation, how many spaces etc. He said it is not easy to get this information from the developer.
03-03-2020, 10:29   #38
Hamda binte ajmal

Hey everyone, We just gave the booking deposit for Parklands Citywest. Now having double thoughts about the place as I read the news about the new apartments in the near proximity. How is the area and what implications would those apartments have on the residents of Parklands?
04-03-2020, 20:59   #39
Muahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by robo View Post
The allocation of parking space of 1.25 is a joke - like it doesn't make sense. So by 0.25, Parklands will have less visitor spots than Cuil Duin.
Sounds like living there could be very hard when lots of households have two cars, there is bound to be arguments. Its even more salient given the murder that happened near there last week in a row over a car park space.
Advertisement
05-03-2020, 05:03   #40
Yellow_Fern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muahahaha View Post
Sounds like living there could be very hard when lots of households have two cars, there is bound to be arguments. Its even more salient given the murder that happened near there last week in a row over a car park space.
True as this is, wouldnt much new estates be similar?
05-03-2020, 17:54   #41
Muahahaha

Im not sure but it wouldnt surprise me as developers are squeezing space and car park spaces take up a lot of that. You need about 12sqm to park a car so 2 spaces per apartment would be 25sqm, multiply that by all apartments and suddenly you need a lot of outside space and roads to drive around it.

The murder over the car park space is obviously an extreme example. But in any apartment complexes Ive lived in there has always been pressure on spaces and arguments between neighbours between them. That was in places with 2 spaces per unit but no visitor spaces. Reducing down to 1.25 spaces per unit will mean it is just simply not possible for 2 cars to be run from one unit as the space just isnt there . But lots will still buy apartments not realising this and then the rows begin. Sounds like potential for a living hell to me.
(2) thanks from:
06-03-2020, 05:53   #42
Yellow_Fern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muahahaha View Post
Im not sure but it wouldnt surprise me as developers are squeezing space and car park spaces take up a lot of that. You need about 12sqm to park a car so 2 spaces per apartment would be 25sqm, multiply that by all apartments and suddenly you need a lot of outside space and roads to drive around it.

The murder over the car park space is obviously an extreme example. But in any apartment complexes Ive lived in there has always been pressure on spaces and arguments between neighbours between them. That was in places with 2 spaces per unit but no visitor spaces. Reducing down to 1.25 spaces per unit will mean it is just simply not possible for 2 cars to be run from one unit as the space just isnt there . But lots will still buy apartments not realising this and then the rows begin. Sounds like potential for a living hell to me.
The owner occupiers are not to bad. It is the houses shares that really consume the spaces in CD and these people are also going to be less considerate than an owner.
Thanks from:
07-03-2020, 15:56   #43
Muahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Fern View Post
The owner occupiers are not to bad. It is the houses shares that really consume the spaces in CD and these people are also going to be less considerate than an owner.
Yeah thats generally the case, you can have a house share with 3 or 4 people and chances are they move into the estate with 3 or 4 cars. Whereas with couples some may have 2 cars but others will make do with just one.
09-03-2020, 13:36   #44
robo

If you have 2 cars & need full-time car park spaces for both, I would not advise buying a house that only has one car park space.
Unless you are easy going, happy to park anywhere in the estate that has a visitors spot or that, and not racing home in the evening to get the nearest visitors spot to your house before your neighbour gets home, then fire ahead.
It may seem like a small enough issue now - compared to the trials and tribulations of getting a mortgage, having the house snagged, working with builders to deliver on time and deliver what was sold to you, the parking issue may seem like something you can get by on now - think long and hard about it cos these estates are saving space by giving the minimum amount of car park spaces. And you will more than likely be clamped if parked illegally, even if you are not blocking the road fully, just your path etc.
It is unreal the wars between neighbours for car park spaces
09-03-2020, 16:08   #45
Muahahaha

Yeah it is a big consideration especially if developers are going down to 1.25 spaces per unit, it is a recipe for disaster.

Whats worse is that in new developments many purchasers are first time buyers to get the grant/help to buy mortgage so they dont really have a choice but to live in developments like these as they cant afford anything better and need the subsidies to afford the purchase. Many might recognise before purchasing that there will be parking problems if they have 2 or more cars but they are left with little choice in the property market but to buy units in new developments so they can get the grants.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion