Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ZyXEL NSA310 1-Bay NAS Media Server (With 500GB HDD) - €90.37 delivered [Dabs.ie]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Thanks I'll try that this evening! Thought it was under downloading not broadcasting, no wondering I wasn't getting anywhere! Was searching manual for "RSS" but wasn't getting me anywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Derolicte

NSA310 for €39,95 + shipping on iBood atm without the HDD included.

http://ie-en.forum.ibood.com/19722-zyel_intelligent_1-bay_all-in-one_media_data_and_storage_center/

Basq wrote: »
    Not near it at the moment to tell you exactly, but from the top of my head... you add an RSS feed under Broadcasting, and it'll then list in contents alongside it.

Found the manual online so took a screenshot of the relevent bits..

broadcatching.jpg

that was ridiculously simple... just couldn't find the right section in the manual! I spent too long in the downloads application and was getting nowhere! thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

Derolicte wrote: »
    NSA310 for €39,95 + shipping on iBood atm without the HDD included.

http://ie-en.forum.ibood.com/19722-zyel_intelligent_1-bay_all-in-one_media_data_and_storage_center/

How does this compare?

Been looking at getting this, is this the one to go for? Will it take 2.5" HD?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,032 ✭✭✭✭Basq

TheChevron wrote: »
    How does this compare?

Been looking at getting this, is this the one to go for? Will it take 2.5" HD?
    This is the same one that we're discussing here..

.. it won't take a 2.5" drive.

• Advertisement

Price wise how does it compare?

TheChevron wrote: »
    Price wise how does it compare?
    Well.. it's about the same price I paid including shipping from CCLOnline so it's a good price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Why not .. its just a Sata connector right ?

It just might not sit properly in the box without an adapter or some tie wraps :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

2.5 to 3.5 Drive Bay

What are iBood like to buy from? I have a vague recollection of some bad reviews, but it may have been a long time ago.. (It may have been in my head).

It'll probably work with an adapter but what I meant was it doesn't accept a 2.5" HDD outta the box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Oh..
    Well, thought i'd post that, in case it may have been any help. :)

I see iBood is an extra €12.95 P&P and says it won't be shipped until 29th of August.
    So it won't even leave their warehouse for another 12 days? That's a bit daft.
    It's €63.50 on Amazon. It may be worth the extra tenner, as i don't really fancy waiting nearly two weeks. Or is that something iBood just say to cover themselves?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭m4rkiz

5 Euro discount code!
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Dear iBOODer,

We at iBOOD are always delighted when someone has scored a great deal on our site! In the past month have you've done just that and thus earned this one-time Summer Discount worth €5,-. Your discount is valid until August 31, 2012, so keep an eye on iBOOD.ie and score another nice deal!

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    Your Summer Discountcode:

HAS62TPE765820
    [/FONT]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

m4rkiz wrote: »
    5 Euro discount code!
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Dear iBOODer,

We at iBOOD are always delighted when someone has scored a great deal on our site! In the past month have you've done just that and thus earned this one-time Summer Discount worth €5,-. Your discount is valid until August 31, 2012, so keep an eye on iBOOD.ie and score another nice deal!

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    Your Summer Discountcode:

HAS62TPE765820
    [/FONT]
    Works out as €47.45 total which is pretty good. Didn't buy it though as I'm short on funds :(.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48 westside

I have been trying to figure out what I need to do to organise myself.I have 2 different HD's so planned on getting this NAS to centralise everything. I dont have an apple tv and might buy a AT2 if I can get one on adverts but can I get atv3, use a vpn and get US netflix and use the NAS to access my current collection on my TV

westside wrote: »
    I have been trying to figure out what I need to do to organise myself.I have 2 different HD's so planned on getting this NAS to centralise everything. I dont have an apple tv and might buy a AT2 if I can get one on adverts but can I get atv3, use a vpn and get US netflix and use the NAS to access my current collection on my TV
    You can use any generation of AppleTV (have used an ATV and ATV2) with this - jailbreak it and use XBMC to play anything off the NAS box!

Netflix only works with ATV2 and ATV3 though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48 westside

You can use any generation of AppleTV (have used an ATV and ATV2) with this - jailbreak it and use XBMC to play anything off the NAS box!

I dont think you can jailbreak ATV3 yet, this is why the ATV 2 goes for a premium.

Can I install XBMC on the NAS?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

It'll probably work with an adapter but what I meant was it doesn't accept a 2.5" HDD outta the box.

You don't need an adapter, the cable fits fine.

It just the drive won't be secured in the bay, not really a big deal unless your moving it around the place.

I have a 2.5 in my Desktop right now, didn't need an adapter or any of that at all.

I dont think you can jailbreak ATV3 yet, this is why the ATV 2 goes for a premium.
    Ahh.. wasn't aware of that!
    Can I install XBMC on the NAS?
    Not directly, no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Allyall wrote: »
    Oh..
    Well, thought i'd post that, in case it may have been any help. :)

I see iBood is an extra €12.95 P&P and says it won't be shipped until 29th of August.
    So it won't even leave their warehouse for another 12 days? That's a bit daft.
    It's €63.50 on Amazon. It may be worth the extra tenner, as i don't really fancy waiting nearly two weeks. Or is that something iBood just say to cover themselves?

Look again... amazon states: Usually dispatched within 3 - 5 weeks

Can anyone recommend a 2tb or 3tb drive for this nas... would the WD green ones do fine or is there something a little better or cheaper out there?

Also, if you are getting a second same size 2 or 3tb hard drive to plug into the sata port on the back of this for raid, what sort of drive would be best to get? an internal in some sort of sata cabled enclosure or is there such thing as a sata cabled external hard drive i should be looking at.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 899 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

Access wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a 2tb or 3tb drive for this nas... would the WD green ones do fine or is there something a little better or cheaper out there?

I found this , if you click compatibility list tab, it shows some tested and verified working hard drives.

I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on this myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

SATA is SATA, I suspect pretty much any drive you throw at it will work.

Thanks for those links lads,

Im looking forward to it arriving now. :)

I had spotted that WD green on amazon... looks like the best place/price to buy so.

What should i do about getting a second 3tb drive or raid mirroring on the nas?

Should i just buy a second WD green and (correct me if i am wrong here...) buy a sata cable and external case for the drive and just plug it into the nas via the rear sata port?

Or would i be just better off to buy an external usb 3tb and plug in via usb on the nas?

Sorry for the questions! :confused:

I was previously accessing my media on XBMC using just a normal external USB 1TB drive,

So my Movies would be sourced from F:/Movies/Whatever Movie.avi
    TV would be sourced from F:/TV/Whatever TV Program/S01E01

So now i have the NSA310 and all my 1TB media on it in "videos" folder on the NSA310, (NSA310/videos/Movies etc.) i am a bit confused on where to point XBMC to find them now?

There seems to be a load of options in editing the source folders on XBMC - should i be pointing at uPNP devices or add network location or a mapped drive?

Any help on this would be great.

See here!

Map an SMB share to the IP address of the Zyxel and the folder 'video'.

e.g Server Name should be 192.168.1.47, or whatever your Zyxel IP is.
    Folder should be 'video'
    Username and password is Admin user and password for Zyxel AFAIK

Access wrote: »
    I was previously accessing my media on XBMC using just a normal external USB 1TB drive,

So my Movies would be sourced from F:/Movies/Whatever Movie.avi
    TV would be sourced from F:/TV/Whatever TV Program/S01E01

So now i have the NSA310 and all my 1TB media on it in "videos" folder on the NSA310, (NSA310/videos/Movies etc.) i am a bit confused on where to point XBMC to find them now?

There seems to be a load of options in editing the source folders on XBMC - should i be pointing at uPNP devices or add network location or a mapped drive?

Any help on this would be great.
    See my post a few previously...add a windows network... Or whatever it's called...troubled me for ages with the pi!

Anybody got Broadcatching working sucessfully with a kick ass torrents RSS feed? When I add torrents to my feed they show up in my zycel broadcatching but I got errors when I left them overnight to download. Don't think it even downloaded the torrent file... Looking for this or something similar where I can just add torrents to a feed instead of having to download torrent files and add them manually to the download app.

Anybody got Broadcatching working sucessfully with a kick ass torrents RSS feed? When I add torrents to my feed they show up in my zycel broadcatching but I got errors when I left them overnight to download. Don't think it even downloaded the torrent file... Looking for this or something similar where I can just add torrents to a feed instead of having to download torrent files and add them manually to the download app.

Yep, same here... had 3 different ones i had added to the automated rss feed on kick ass and they all failed overnight. Tried adding one manually to the zyxel after this and it started straight away :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Just got one of these. One thing I'd like to do is login to the admin page from my Android tablet. Each time I do this though I get taken to a ' browse my nsa share' default page for mobile browser page . Ive tried several different browsers and and always have user agent set to desktop . Any ideas?

Just got one of these. One thing I'd like to do is login to the admin page from my Android tablet. Each time I do this though I get taken to a ' browse my nsa share' default page for mobile browser page . Ive tried several different browsers and and always have user agent set to desktop . Any ideas?
    Not easily accessible.. there is a workaround suggested here:
    I have a workaround that works using safari or most other ISO browsers that I have tryed.

If you Login to the NAS as normal... Once Logged in manualy goto web address

http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/zyxel/admin/index.html

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx being the IP address or hostname of your NAS

If login page comes up again login again and attempt web address again.

From there you can add it as a book mark as I have done.

I have found that you can then manage most features from here but it can be funny with views etc sometimes.

I used this to manage torrents away from home which was very hard because I attempted to do via http torrent downloads and when you want to paste in the link the page zoom off and goes funny. But have managed it in 360 browser.

Hope this helps all users as it took me a while to figure out and I was very annoyed at not being able to login to admin page myself.

Also hate the file browser as any files with more than like 15 characters or so can be very hard to read or impossable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Not easily accessible.. there is a workaround suggested here:

Thanks. I'll try that when I get home tonight. Weirdly when I tried it on my Android phone, I got logged into a mobile specific site for admin on the NAS. I could check on torrent status etc. I couldn't access that on the tablet though.

Thanks for that Basq... just tested on Safari and worked perfectly.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Would love to get my hands on one of these so if anyone spots a similar bargain please post it up :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

Available disk less on amazon for £50 sterling if that's any good to you, includes delivery.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/ZyXEL-1-Bay-Network-Storage-Closure/dp/B005LDM09U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1348698269&sr=8-1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭randombar

Hi Lads,

Quick question I recommended one of these to friends of mine w/o looking properly as I thought it was a media player at fist glance, silly me.

Just wondering what the cheapest media player for it is that people would recommend? ATV2 is out as the prices are just going up and up (got my last one for 150) anything cheap and cheerful out there?

Thanks
    Gary

GaryCocs wrote: »
    Hi Lads,

Quick question I recommended one of these to friends of mine w/o looking properly as I thought it was a media player at fist glance, silly me.

Just wondering what the cheapest media player for it is that people would recommend? ATV2 is out as the prices are just going up and up (got my last one for 150) anything cheap and cheerful out there?

Thanks
    Gary

Quick answer... Raspberry Pi.....

http://www.raspberrypi.org/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

I have yet to get my Pi to stream well from mine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭randombar

Thanks for the reply, they wouldn't be great at installing an os / xbmc on a raspberry pi so I was hoping for something with less set up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I turned on my drive and got an update firmware message.
    when I clicked ok it started process and just closed down without updating.
    does anyone have any ideas.
    thanks

• Advertisement

Chet T16 wrote: »
    I have yet to get my Pi to stream well from mine

ARe you having issues with it or just that you haven't got around to doing it?

ARe you having issues with it or just that you haven't got around to doing it?

Having issues using raspBMC. I can't stream a HD movie without it stuttering. This is with the Pi and NAS connected to the same gigabit switch

Chet T16 wrote: »
    Having issues using raspBMC. I can't stream a HD movie without it stuttering. This is with the Pi and NAS connected to the same gigabit switch

A right I don't have any HD movies myself so don't know... Most of mine are just 700mb avi files and then mkv's for the new tv shows so I can't offer any advice.

To be fair, i didn't need to use it for streaming as the TV does that by itself so i was only messing about and never looked into any tweaks.

I also think i've been unlucky with SD cards!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

the pi wont stream full hq hd content...yet

Anybody have trouble with certain torrents going really slow? I have quite a slow line, max speed would be about 200kb/s but I'm downloading a large torrent now at speeds of 5-10kb/s... there's hundreds of seeders so don't really know what's going on... so far I've downloaded 1.5gb and uploaded about 14gb! my upload speed is normally less than 20!

Also has anybody gotten an RSS feed working for torrents? (Not a tv show one) but one you can just add whatever files you want to the feed as you go and it will download instead of having to download the torrent file and then open it in the broadcatching....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭SteM

Sappy404 wrote: »

I don't know about the Buffalo but the nice thing about the Zyxel is that it's so easy to use. The Dashboard really does make set up a breeze and the packages that come with it make it really flexible. it's greate to be able to use it as a Squeezebox Server and Media Server without any hassles at all.

Bump for this..

.. now available at Amazon (under More Buying Choices) for £40 diskless.

There is a 3 - 4 week wait but great value!

Has anyone managed to get this working with usenet?

I have an astraweb ac and would like to download content directly to the NAS.

• Advertisement
Advertisement