Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE Bias

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 231 ✭✭Martin Lanigan

Our anti-Semite TD was just mentioned on the RTE news intro. Will keep watching for the full story and the apologies from P Doherty and the lady in question.

On now.

Wonder how many of the 8000 first preference voters knew she was a racist when voting for her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,416 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

On now.

Wonder how many of the 8000 first preference voters knew she was a racist when voting for her.

Probably as many as in the other half of Kildare, who elected a SF woman who went on her holidays during the election campaign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

On now.

I suspect people knew nothing about her... she hardly canvassed at all in the main towns in her constituency. She is 100% a protest vote candidate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Do you really think the electorate are that stupid and undiscerning?

yes

Talk of disciplinary action. Could she be the first TD to lose the party whip in the new Dáil?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Do you really think the electorate are that stupid and undiscerning?

But sure you don't care about anything about what they've done or said, so why should they?

The tweets are in poor taste, agreed.

But let's catch ourselves on ...there are bigger issues we should be talking about?

Why are people outraged by an ancient tweet, but not outraged by no. of eople on trollies right now

fakenews

Not poor taste. They are lies, anti Semitic and anti science.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Carol25

I find the agenda among Sinn Fein supporters against a Public Service broadcasting channel quite scary. What do they want? A pro Sinn Féin propaganda channel?! Do they think it’s ok to act threateningly online towards an organisation where normal people come in to do their jobs and go home to their families? I don’t, and think it’s a threat to our democracy. My biggest concern is the way the Sinn Fein party is acting if anyone questions their candidates, agenda, views, anything. It’s what’s supposed to happen day in, day out as part of living in a democracy. Do they not have an answer for us? Are they just an extremist group disguised as a left leaning ‘party for change’...
    Rte hold everyone to account, there are countless times they put other parties and candidates on the spot - how has anyone forgotten the Sean O’Rourke interview of Maria Bailey?! However the other parties have always treated RTE with respect, as should Sinn Fein.

Maybe baby

But that is democracy with a capital D

And what about the lies FF and FG have told us

The IMF are not in town....the cheapest bailout in the world....the best little country in which to grow old

I know what I care about...and electorate similarly

Even though you are not a member, you have the SF media book learned off down to a T. Even if one of them murdered their grandmother, their supporters would be asking what about something else.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭nkl12xtw5goz70

Carol25 wrote: »
    My biggest concern is the way the Sinn Fein party is acting if anyone questions their candidates, agenda, views, anything.

It is not dissimilar to the way Trump behaves with the media in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

On now.

She's an idiot.She shouldn't have apologiesed on her comments on Israel. Let's no pretend Israel is a normal country or a country that behaves in a normal way. They also have no respect for Irish sovereignty it seems and varadkar has shot himself in the foot IMO. Don't believe me? Look at the comments of Israel's ambassador to Ireland after their secret services had doctored Irish passports:

"Israel’s ambassador to Ireland has said he “cannot guarantee” that Irish passports will not be used by the Israeli secret service again, after their previous use in the assassination of a Palestinian militant."

https://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/no-guarantee-over-fake-irish-passports-being-used-by-israeli-secret-service-again-424935.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9,841 ✭✭✭buried

Carol25 wrote: »
    Rte hold everyone to account, there are countless times they put other parties and candidates on the spot - how has anyone forgotten the Sean O’Rourke interview of Maria Bailey?! However the other parties have always treated RTE with respect, as should Sinn Fein.

Maria Bailey did that trainwreck her own self. O'Rourke gave her plenty of ample opportunity to reign her noise in but she chose to go full Chernobyl meltdown all on her own.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Carol25

Excuse me, but who has acted threateningly? That is quite a remarkable claim.

What is remarkable is your denial...

https://twitter.com/johnbradysf/status/1229546396950433792?s=21

Here is one example out of countless I see daily. It’s a full blown assault on the national public service station and it should not be tolerated in a Western Democracy. Attack the messenger and not the message, classic Trump.

buried wrote: »
    Maria Bailey did that trainwreck her own self. .

Wait, so you're implying that the SF TDs didn't use their own words, but someone else "hacked" them and set them up?

Hurrache wrote: »
    Wait, so you're implying that the SF TDs didn't use their own words, but someone else "hacked" them and set them up?

Wait yourself, Maria Bailey isn't a Sinn Fein TD Hurrache

smurgen wrote: »
    She's an idiot.She shouldn't have apologiesed on her comments on Israel. Let's no pretend Israel is a normal country or a country that behaves in a normal way. They also have no respect for Irish sovereignty it seems and varadkar has shot himself in the foot IMO. Don't believe me? Look at the comments of Israel's ambassador to Ireland after their secret services had doctored Irish passports:

"Israel’s ambassador to Ireland has said he “cannot guarantee” that Irish passports will not be used by the Israeli secret service again, after their previous use in the assassination of a Palestinian militant."

The state of Israel didn’t exist before WW2, this is nothing to do with criticism of Israel.

She claimed that Jewish bankers (ie Rothschilds) bankrolled Hitler into power and controlled him. She is probably a Holocaust denier also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭ShylockWept

The state of Israel didn’t exist before WW2, this is nothing to do with criticism of Israel.

She claimed that Jewish bankers (ie Rothschilds) bankrolled Hitler into power and controlled him. She is probably a Holocaust denier also.

Can we please move it along to discuss the more significant economical and societal issues please

Can we please move it along to discuss the more significant economical and societal issues please

Far too soon.

What happened to the text of your original post??

• Advertisement

Can we rename the thread given this is a discussion on SF TD Cronin and her anti-semitism and other offensive opinions.

buried wrote: »
    Wait yourself, Maria Bailey isn't a Sinn Fein TD Hurrache

It seems like you were using the fact she made an eejit of herself as an argument against the poster showing that the bias in RTE is imaginary.

And just like Bailey made a fool of herself, so too did the SF TDs in question.

It's pretty unusual to see TDs just elected lock down their previously public social media accounts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,564 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

What she tweeted was

"Those wars were instigated and funded by the banks of royal families of Europe"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Great stuff, I can't wait to hear her views on 911, Sandy Hook, Roswell etc

Tony EH wrote: »
    What she tweeted was

"Those wars were instigated and funded by the banks of royal families of Europe"

There's nothing like an in depth analysis of important topics in 140 characters or less.

Hurrache wrote: »
    It seems like you were using the fact she made an eejit of herself as an argument against the poster showing that the bias in RTE is imaginary.

And just like Bailey made a fool of herself, so too did the SF TDs in question.

RTE and Sean O'Rourke didn't "hold Maria Bailey to account" like that poster tried to claim.

Maria Bailey went into that interview where she made an absolute holy f**king show of herself off her own bat. She forced the interview. She had her PR representative with her too who told her to do it. RTE were holding nobody to account in that mess. They just facilitated it. O'Rourke probably wasn't aware just what sort of spoiled entitled moron he was dealing with, especially with her own PR agent telling her to do the interview. You could almost sense the man himself and the production team wanting to cut it but Bailey went full blown entertainment postal meltdown and they couldn't get a word in edge ways let alone cut it.

RTE "holding a FG TD to account" it was not.

What it actually was, was that it was f**king hilarious. It still is.

• Advertisement

What she tweeted was

She also shared content that said that Hitler was a pawn of Jewish banks.

Ipso wrote: »
    There's nothing like an in depth analysis of important topics in 140 characters or less.

And there's nothing like making up even more nonsense based on those 140 chars.

She also shared content that said that Hitler was a pawn of Jewish banks.

Not her words though.

HER words were:

Not her words though.

HER words were:

I repeat, she also shared content that said that Hitler was a pawn of Jewish banks.

I repeat, she also shared content that said that Hitler was a pawn of Jewish banks.

And I'll repeat to you, they weren't HER words.

• Advertisement

And there's nothing like making up even more nonsense based on those 140 chars.

So which royal families bank invaded Poland?

And I'll repeat to you, they weren't HER words.

So retweeting anti-Semitic comments is acceptable.

So retweeting anti-Semitic comments is acceptable.

It doesn't automatically make one "anti Semetic", nor does it make one a "holocaust denier" either.

And I'll say again HER words were "Those wars were instigated and funded by the banks of royal families of Europe", which is very different to how it's being framed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

I expect we will have the Sinn Fein hierarcy grouped around her explaining to the media that what she said was not what she said. :rolleyes:

It doesn't automatically make one "anti Semetic", nor does it make one a "holocaust denier" either.

And I'll say again HER words were "Those wars were instigated and funded by the banks of royal families of Europe", which is very different to how it's being framed.

It does it you retweet in support of the comments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

Have a read of the book Flat Earth News. There's a section in it on criticism of anything to do with Israel, and how it's painted as being anti semetic and racist.

I expect we will have the Sinn Fein hierarcy grouped around her explaining to the media that what she said was not what she said. :rolleyes:

Already happening on here.

Granadino wrote: »
    Have a read of the book Flat Earth News. There's a section in it on criticism of anything to do with Israel, and how it's painted as being anti semetic and racist.

Relevance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭satguy

While I nothing against Jews at all,, I would be inclined lump Israelis in with Travellers and the Taliban as examples of cultures that could be improved upon.

It does it you retweet in support of the comments.

Her own tweet doesn't really support the retweet.

"Those wars were instigated and funded by the banks of royal families of Europe.

She mentions nothing about the Rothschild's or "Jewish bankers", unless there are other tweets we haven't seen yet.

There is absolutely nothing to see here, except a silly off the cuff remark.

TBH, I'd be more worried about her nonsense regarding Fluoride in the water.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭nkl12xtw5goz70

This story is fake news

I never thought I'd see defenders of SF take a leaf out of the Trump playbook, but here we go.

I never thought I'd see defenders of SF take a leaf out of the Trump playbook, but here we go.

Get used to it, accomplices ending up in jail may be another feature.

This story is fake news

The rich Irish is trying to deflect from what is really going on

This story?

RTE Bias
    Ok

Not much of a story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Crock Rock

dotsman wrote: »
    P.S. Sinn Fein, as a party, are anti-semite. That was never a secret - it's kind of their policy!

I spent an hour or so lambasting Finland. Does that make me anti-Lutheran or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

This story is fake news

The rich Irish is trying to deflect from what is really going on

I like the fact his user name references one of the Bards questionable Jewish characterisations

The TD is question is either an anti-Semite or a grade A dope. I'm just not sure which.

The TD is question is either an anti-Semite or a grade A dope. I'm just not sure which.

More than likely a bit of a dope I'd say, and in that respect, she's going to be in great company with the rest of the dopes of all stripes in Dail Eireann.

While we're all talking about Antisemitism, why don't RTE look into what Charlie Flanagan's father had to say about that particular race of folk back in the day?

Crock Rock wrote: »
    I spent an hour or so lambasting Finland. Does that make me anti-Lutheran or something?

Did you compare them to monkeys and dogs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭ShylockWept

MODS. Please delete this thread. I have made my point and now wish to have the thread shut down. Thank you.

• Advertisement

MODS. Please delete this thread. I have made my point and now wish to have the thread shut down. Thank you.

What point was that?

Advertisement