Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car insurance expectations - getting high quotes?

Options
  • 22-01-2020 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hi

I’m a new driver, 30 years old, no insurance experience, although I’ve had a provisional for 7+ years, and I’m able to name an experienced driver on the policy if that counts for anything.

The lowest quote I’ve got on a 2008 1 litre is 2600. Could I realistically expect anything below that?

Any help or tips would be great!

Sorry if this thread is against the rules in any way! Didn’t think so from reading the threads.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Pompous

Rosstopher wrote: »
    Hi

I’m a new driver, 30 years old, no insurance experience, although I’ve had a provisional for 7+ years, and I’m able to name an experienced driver on the policy if that counts for anything.

The lowest quote I’ve got on a 2008 1 litre is 2600. Could I realistically expect anything below that?

Any help or tips would be great!

Sorry if this thread is against the rules in any way! Didn’t think so from reading the threads.

I'm a new driver, 32 years old, no insurance experience, provisional for 2 years.

The lowest quote I've got on a 2007 1.8 litre is 3431. Most places won't even insure me.

Can I ask where you got your quote? Sorry I'm probably not being helpful at all but maybe this gives you some perspective.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Same boat as you, bit older. I ended up getting a new 1L car on 1400, was ultimately also the cheapest quote I got.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Rosstopher

Pompous wrote: »
    I'm a new driver, 32 years old, no insurance experience, provisional for 2 years.

The lowest quote I've got on a 2007 1.8 litre is 3431. Most places won't even insure me.

Can I ask where you got your quote? Sorry I'm probably not being helpful at all but maybe this gives you some perspective.

Sorry for the delay! That one was Axa. The AA have since gone a couple hundred below that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement