Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

weed vs alcohol

Options
  • 07-04-2020 4:57pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭

Which would you choose and would you be in favor of legalization?

Which would you choose to relax? 148 votes

I would choose weed
    80% 119 votes
    I would choose alcohol
    19% 29 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I have to choose !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

It would be like choosing between my 2 children. If I had 2 children.

Did I lose them somewhere? Another smoke will solve this.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yes, I think alcohol should be legal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭scoobydude

I'd choose booze. I know it has many downsides, but personally weed doesn't agree with me any more, it gives me what I can only describe as panic attacks when I smoke. Research has told me that in a perfect world I'd smoke cbd heavy stains, but haven't had the chance to do that, and all the stuff you get nowadays is super HTC heavy, which gives me the aforementioned attacks.

I think gargle is way more social. I've had great experience with friends smoking away on a beach or wherever, fits of giggles and all the rest, but I think it doesn't lend itself to being the great giver of craic that drink does.

So it's drink for me, but both are fine really

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Hookers and coke not an option then.....

Ok ok... Crystal meth only option.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

scoobydude wrote: »
    I'd choose booze. I know it has many downsides, but personally weed doesn't agree with me any more, it gives me what I can only describe as panic attacks when I smoke. Research has told me that in a perfect world I'd smoke cbd heavy stains, but haven't had the chance to do that, and all the stuff you get nowadays is super HTC heavy, which gives me the aforementioned attacks.

I think gargle is way more social. I've had great experience with friends smoking away on a beach or wherever, fits of giggles and all the rest, but I think it doesn't lend itself to being the great giver of craic that drink does.

So it's drink for me, but both are fine really

Have you tried benzos with weed? I know a friend who had panic attacks when smoking and tried Xanax. It worked but also potentiated the high

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Have you tried benzos with weed? I know a friend who had panic attacks when smoking and tried Xanax. It worked but also potentiated the high

Top advice, I see no problem with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

This is horse****e xanax dosent make a weed high, higher.

But it does get rid of the anxiety. And it increases the munchies to unbelievable levels

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

But it does get rid of the anxiety. And it increases the munchies to unbelievable levels

Little dab of speed up around the gums gets rid of the munchies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

I'd consider myself well versed with both, and your spot on. If anything, any benzo will generally counteract the stone from the weed. This can be a good thing that being said, some sativas are just too much for the head and a benzo can take away the paranoia and other undesirable effects. Personally, I prefer a nice piece of decent solid to smoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Grim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Bitta foolish

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

;););)

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Das Reich

To relax? I would chose something most alcoholics and drugged people don't like. Liking a vag.ina.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

Steyr 556 wrote: »
    ^this guy later on

giphy.gif

I have never once in all my life been like that from taking illegal substances.

How ever Alcohol. I've been worse :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭endacl

scoobydude wrote: »
    I'd choose booze.
    Me too. More for the pleasing internal rhyming structure than any other reason though.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

It's been legal here for a while in Canada. Then 5G and Corona came along. Coincidence?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭buckwheat

Bit of the old heroin for me. Luckily, the amount of heroin I use is harmless, I inject about once a month on a purely recreational basis. Fine. But what about other people less stable, less educated, less middle-class than me? Builders or blacks for example. If you're one of those, my advice is leave well alone.

buckwheat wrote: »
    Bit of the old heroin for me. Luckily, the amount of heroin I use is harmless, I inject about once a month on a purely recreational basis. Fine. But what about other people less stable, less educated, less middle-class than me? Builders or blacks for example. If you're one of those, my advice is leave well alone.

I'm black so I probably shouldn't use it. Then again I use codeine which is an opiate albeit a very very weak one. Only 1% of it gets converted into morphine and that's in people with good liver enzymes. For some people, it doesn't even work.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Munsterman12

Prefer drinking beer but I get bad hangovers so I'd pick weed just for that alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Ultrflat wrote: »
    I have never once in all my life been like that from taking illegal substances.

How ever Alcohol. I've been worse :pac:

Then you've only taken fairly light stuff so, I've lost days and being in that condition is fairly normal with a lot of dangerous shít

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 14,361 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I smoked weed for years. I used to enjoy the feeling of complete intense absorption in films, games, but particularly with music. But it wasn't good for me. It took me a fair while to realise this. I'm quite an introspective person by nature and my mind would go into overdrive while I was stoned. I could never be fully at ease and I was frequently on edge or busy reading way too much into things - I didn't particularly like being out in public or being with other people while I was whacked. When people say weed relaxes them I genuinely have no clue what they mean. But I know for some people it does.

I stopped abruptly one night after just having enough of it. I didn't want to spend any more money on it, didn't like hanging around with people with whom the only thing I had in common with was smoking weed, hated waking up everyday tired and feeling like someone had taken a dump in my brain, hated feeling like I was a servant to it; that I couldn't feel my evening was complete until I had a smoke. That was it: enough. And it was surprisingly easy to just quit. Went to Amsterdam a few years ago and thought, fck it, I have to smoke something while I'm here. Had one joint and it basically ruined my evening - brain going 100mph. Brought it back to me why I stopped smoking in the first place. Not for me, but to each their own.

I like the camaraderie of going boozing with people. I never felt any of that when I was stoned in the company of others. I don't typically drink to the point of insensibility, but I can stay in the merry phase for quite a long time. There's no comparison for me between a night of great craic on the booze with people and the slow sluggish experience of sitting around with others, getting baked.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,048 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Alcohol, and both should be legal yes. To deny as such makes you either a hypocrite or a nanny-state advocate (depending on whether you want to ban one or both)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

uch wrote: »
    Then you've only taken fairly light stuff so, I've lost days and being in that condition is fairly normal with a lot of dangerous shít

When I was in my 20s I used to go to a lot of clubs take pills mdma and dance the night away.

Tried coke but seriously never got the appeal. I'd never go near heroin no matter how messed up I was.

I'd just hoof joints into me Untill I could sleep if I couldn't sleep, chilled tunes and play station or spoon a chick I was with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭chrissb8

Weed, any day. Over the years my relationship with alcohol has changed to the point where I could easily go a month drinking 4 beers over that time. I would really miss those few drinks though, especially a great pint of Guinness. Alcohol has done some bad things in the past and though very fun at times to get yourself loose the hangovers, anxiety, gloom that comes with it are strong reasons why I limit any drunkness to even once every 2 months at this stage, usually this revolves around an important social event etc.

But weed is a much more versatile and fun thing in my mind. It gets my creative juices going, let's me think laterally on topics and obviously a fantastic de-stressor. What I never cop is people thinking weed isn't for them off of some bad experience when previously they have enjoyed it. There's just too much stuff going around now with THC levels through the roof. I genuinely believe there is a strain or a level of THC where they can enjoy themselves it's just a pity it's not legal. So you roll the dice each time you get a few grams.

I smoked for years on the regular and the one thing I will say about it is the normalisation of being stoned day in and day out. Which I was guilty of doing and kinda wasted time and life doing it. Becoming lazy and focused day in and day out on the joint or two that would come at the end. Just like it's a great stress relief because it takes you out of your head it's also a bad thing. Because life becomes manageable and easy when in a sedated state when really you aren't dealing with your life you're just escaping it whenever it gets tough. That can be addictive in itself. It's also such an easy trap to toke up just a little bit even before loads of occasions it's insidious in that sense.

Otherwise, Legalize weed.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

Alcohol for me.. it's the glue that holds all other drug usage together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Little dab of speed up around the gums gets rid of the munchies.

maybe a wee bit of MDMA, just in case. quarter a pill, maybe a bit more...

in fact forget everything else and just do the E

Advertisement