Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Personal Hygiene and Lockdown

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

I can’t understand how someone supposedly in lockdown feels the need to shower twice a day.

Go for a run, maybe does an work in the evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Ultrflat wrote: »
    Go for a run, maybe does an work in the evening.

Brief exercise within 2km of home? I’m starting to think that the ones having all the showers are ignoring the lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

I shower and shave every morning as I don’t want to end up looking like and smelling like a hippy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,532 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Brief exercise within 2km of home? I’m starting to think that the ones having all the showers are ignoring the lockdown.

Within a 2 km radius, you could get a decent run in that distance and need a shower after it.

Why do people think it's only 2 km in a straight line?

I shower and shave every morning as I don’t want to end up looking like and smelling like a hippy.

I normally shave once a week (sometimes clean with a razor sometimes with a trimmer to leave stubble), that hasn’t changed in the current lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Apparently, flip-flop socks can be changed every 3.5 days. :confused:

Crusty.

Within a 2 km radius, you could get a decent run in that distance and need a shower after it.

Why do people think it's only 2 km in a straight line?

The brief part. As I mentioned in my post.

With your toilet habits that is probably best.

With your toilet habits that is probably best.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

The brief part. As I mentioned in my post.

I ran 10k within 2k limits today at 3, was only out 43 minutes and definitely needed a shower after, someone could walk say 5k in that time and not need a shower, brief doesn't come into it.

I ran 10k within 2k limits today at 3, was only out 43 minutes and definitely needed a shower after, someone could walk say 5k in that time and not need a shower, brief doesn't come into it.

Brief comes into it if you follow the lockdown guidelines. Looks like plenty are not following them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Brief comes into it if you follow the lockdown guidelines. Looks like plenty are not following them.

Using the lockdown guidelines as an excuse for being a stinky fecker is as transparent as double-glazing and an abuse of the spirit and intent of the Wotsit within the meaning of the Act.

Some of us care more for the environment than others.

Even lamer! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭ablelocks

listermint wrote: »
    I have a shower because it's an awesome feeling. Not because it's a chore.

this, but also as much for the fact that it's the only 10 min uninterrupted break i can take on my own in 24 hours.

tempted to shower in the evening too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Greyfox

ablelocks wrote: »
    this, but also as much for the fact that it's the only 10 min uninterrupted break i can take on my own in 24 hours.

tempted to shower in the evening too.

This sounds like a sad way to live

Greyfox wrote: »
    This sounds like a sad way to live

I'd imagine it's because of the lockdown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Podge201

Green diesel approved for coitus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

I dread to think how the bedclothes of the soap dodgers smell, or the weird stains they've accumulated.

I bet they don't even iron their bedclothes when they do eventually change them.

Who in the name of jaysus irons their bedclothes? That is the most pointless task I’ve ever heard of. Life is far too short.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

I cannot go more than 2 days without a shower. I have to stop myself from showering too much as I love it so much, I have broken showers from continuously spending too long in them. How could you not want to shower? It feels amazing, it's so relaxing and afterwards you feel so fresh and smell great. What is not to love? I could live in the shower. Half my money goes on shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and body scrubs. If I am having a particularly stressful work day, I promise myself a long shower when I get home as a treat. Cant understand why anyone would rather sit in their own filth. Nothing worse than being able to smell yourself and feeling grubby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Total lack of imagination. In the simplest way possible they could go 2km in one direction and then double back. Then 2 km in the other direction and double back. You'd work up a sweat in 8km. But for that matter you'd work up enough of a sweat running 2km to need a shower, wouldn't you?

Oh wait, you haven't exercised since the lock down either, have you? You don't exercise or see any need to wash yourself or change your clothes. You're a catch, how have you been single all your life? Lol.

Total lack of imagination. In the simplest way possible they could go 2km in one direction and then double back. Then 2 km in the other direction and double back. You'd work up a sweat in 8km. But for that matter you'd work up enough of a sweat running 2km to need a shower, wouldn't you?

Oh wait, you haven't exercised since the lock down either, have you? You don't exercise or see any need to wash yourself or change your clothes. You're a catch, how have you been single all your life? Lol.

Duderina is back with the personal insults. Lockdown must be going badly for you. Stay well dude(rina).

Total lack of imagination. In the simplest way possible they could go 2km in one direction and then double back. Then 2 km in the other direction and double back. You'd work up a sweat in 8km...

In furtherance, a radius of 2km gives a perimeter within which one could theoretically, with a bit of judicious map work, go over 12km.

jimgoose wrote: »
    In furtherance, a radius of 2km gives a perimeter within which one could theoretically, with a bit of judicious map work, go over 12km.

No, 12km would be approximately an hour - that is not ‘brief’ exercise.

No, 12km would be approximately an hour - that is not ‘brief’ exercise.

I didn't say it was. And anyway, have we been given a working definition of "brief" for this context?

LOL. Not the immediate environment around you. It must be rank.

In uni I lived with someone like the smelly poster above. They were a gross person in general but they were totally deluded, lied about everything and anything from from trivial things to Important things we needed to know as a house share. Took no pride in their appearance or in them self, socially awkward and always stinking and being a slob. Needless to say they spent most of their time in their room playing computer games. You could smell his room when you opened the front door. Gross. Really gross.

I didn't say it was. And anyway, have we been given a working definition of "brief" for this context?

No idea why you brought it up if then.

An hour is not ‘brief’ by anyone’s definition.

...You could smell his room when you opened the front door. Gross. Really gross.

Oh Christ on a Lambretta, there is no way I could put up with that! :pac::pac::pac:

LOL. Not the immediate environment around you. It must be rank.

In uni I lived with someone like the smelly poster above. They were a gross person in general but they were totally deluded, lied about everything and anything from from trivial things to Important things we needed to know as a house share. Took no pride in their appearance or in them self, socially awkward and always stinking and being a slob. Needless to say they spent most of their time in their room playing computer games. You could smell his room when you opened the front door. Gross. Really gross.

Back again so quickly with more personal insults, duderina? Very petty and childish. Being in lockup with you must be challenging for your family. My thoughts are with them.

No idea why you brought it up if then.

An hour is not ‘brief’ by anyone’s definition.

The adults were talking about the distance allowed for exercise under the current regulations. I realise you're probably high on your own fumes, but try to keep up. :D

• Advertisement

The adults were talking about the distance allowed for exercise under the current regulations. I realise you're probably high on your own fumes, but try to keep up. :D

Funny guy. You suggested 12km then deny it was a suggestion when called in it.

Another poster who isn’t following the lockdown guidelines.

Duderina is back with the personal insults. Lockdown must be going badly for you. Stay well dude(rina).

It's going great. Had a nice soapy shower yesterday morning and did a YouTube HIIT session during lunch hour, followed by another brief shower. Spend the evening with the Mrs and in the garden. Lock down isn't so bad.

Must be awful to be wallowing in your own filth. Unless you're used to it from a lifetime of practice, in which case you have my pity.

have you ever heard of HIIT sessions.

Its stands for High Intensity Intercal training.

I usually do mine int he evening. ( helps me sleep at night) Espechilly when I'm working, and I sweat like a shower.

To be-honest OP, personal hygiene is important. Showering daily isn't going to hurt the environment all that much. How ever your phone, your computer your television do, and the use of water is no where near as harmful as mining for gold.

So please stop defending your excuse for a lack of Persona Hygiene.

It's going great. Had a nice soapy shower yesterday morning and did a YouTube HIIT session during lunch hour, followed by another brief shower. Spend the evening with the Mrs and in the garden. Lock down isn't so bad.

Must be awful to be wallowing in your own filth. Unless you're used to it from a lifetime of practice, in which case you have my pity.

The persona insults are getting ‘stale’ duderina. You must really be suffering. Stay safe and well.

Back again so quickly with more personal insults, duderina? Very petty and childish. Being in lockup with you must be challenging for your family. My thoughts are with them.

Anything to get your mind off the stench around you and the state of yourself.

Ultrflat wrote: »
    have you ever heard of HIIT sessions.

Its stands for High Intensity Intercal training.

I usually do mine int he evening. ( helps me sleep at night) Espechilly when I'm working, and I sweat like a shower.

To be-honest OP, personal hygiene is important. Showering daily isn't going to hurt the environment all that much. How ever your phone, your computer your television do, and the use of water is no where near as harmful as mining for gold.

So please stop defending your excuse for a lack of Persona Hygiene.

What the **** has HIIT got to do with anything? Of all the ****e posted in this thread this takes the biscuit.

Mining gold?

FFS

What have you been smoking?

Funny guy. You suggested 12km then deny it was a suggestion when called in it.

Another poster who isn’t following the lockdown guidelines.

Are you reading what's actually written, or are your eyes partially obscured by filth? :pac:

Anything to get your mind off the stench around you and the state of yourself.

Thanks dude(rina), much appreciated.

Are you reading what's actually written, or are your eyes partially obscured by filth? :pac:

Jog on mate. You advocate breaking the lockdown then get defensive when called on it.

• Advertisement

Oh Christ on a Lambretta, there is no way I could put up with that! :pac::pac::pac:

Very little choice. The landlord didn't care. It built up over the 9 months. It came to a head when 2 woman came to view the place and they told the landlord they weren't taking it because it stunk

He did things which I thought were unique to him but turns out that lots of smelly slobs do them. One example was that he ate in his room and kept all the plates and cutlery under his bed. We kept asking where all the plates were going and he said he hadn't a clue. But it was so obvious he had them. So eventually we just went in and got them. The state of the room would curl your toes.

Got the kitchen stuff back and bleach washed them. Gross human. Some people just don't get the point of personal hygiene.

Jog on mate. You advocate breaking the lockdown then get defensive when called on it.

You're a very silly little man. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Rufeo

It's kicking off in here

You're a very silly little man. :D

Yeah Jim, doubling down isn’t the right call.

Why not just admit you were wrong and we can all move on?

Rufeo wrote: »
    It's kicking off in here

Agreed. Jimmy was advocating breaking lockdown with 12 km runs and doesn’t like being called out on it.

Yeah Jim, doubling down isn’t the right call.

Why not just admit you were wrong and we can all move on?

Wrong? Has Simon Harris also decreed that C=D*π is no longer the case?

• Advertisement

Agreed. Jimmy was advocating breaking lockdown with 12 km runs and doesn’t like being called out on it.

Go and wash yourself, you'll feel better. :D

Wrong? Has Simon Harris also decreed that C=D*π is no longer the case?

Tripling down? Good call Jim!

Have you had your ‘brief’ 12 km run already this morning?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

OP are you the woman who was in supervalu on Monday who's also not a fan of washing and I could smell her from about 12 feet away.

Wash yourself FFS

What the **** has HIIT got to do with anything? Of all the ****e posted in this thread this takes the biscuit.

Mining gold?

FFS

What have you been smoking?

The only ****e in this thread is coming from you and it stinks much like your personal Hygiene.

Yet if you use a phone or a computer which you have to do your damaging the environment more, than taking a shwoer. Lithium cobalt oxide and carbon graphite are used to make the batteries. Elements like gold, copper and silver are used in the wiring of the phone. Platinum and tungsten are used in the circuitry.

All the above has to be mined and damages the environment more. Then your water saving strategy :rolleyes:

Smoking some Jack Herer.

Tripling down? Good call Jim!

Have you had your ‘brief’ 12 km run already this morning?

I'll run 12km on the day you have a good, long soak in the bath. :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement