Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heat Pumps

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭sarahirl

Thank you very much! You've cleared the few questions I had about the system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 aquadec

Qwerty? wrote:
    Hi Sarah, heres the figures, excluding Nightsaver savings.
    February 4.53
    March 4.02
    April 4.10
    May 2.67
    June 1.23
    July 1.01
    August 1.42
    September 1.53
    October 2.42
    November 4.06
    December 4.35

January 4.55
    February 5.06
    March 4.39
    April 3.12

We have a room in the middle of the house 2m wide * 1.6m deep, you need the 2m wide (if you use the separate HWC), but about 1m deep is more than adequate if your door opens out.

Honestly... nope. We hadn't a door on the UFH room for weeks, you could hear it then, but it wasn't bad. When the door is shut, you can't hear it over the normal noise in the house.

Love the UFH, would never have radiators in a house again, warm floors and no cold spots.

Hi,

Im in the process of building a 2700 sq f house, have UFH down and up stairs, and Im looking into a few suppliers, eco heat and IVT are two. Can anyone point me in the right direction or have had any experience with suppliers. Who did you use.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭wazzoraybelle

Just a quick question on above, I have 2 wells on my property. Neither are very good but one just about covers our day to day needs. the other( which is about 150 metres from the house) is pretty bad but as we don't use it for anything is always full. Would it be possible to use this one as a vertical bore for a heat pump? or Would it need to be able to replenish itself quickly or is it too far from the house??
    Thanks.

anyone?

Just a quick question on above, I have 2 wells on my property. Neither are very good but one just about covers our day to day needs. the other( which is about 150 metres from the house) is pretty bad but as we don't use it for anything is always full. Would it be possible to use this one as a vertical bore for a heat pump? or Would it need to be able to replenish itself quickly or is it too far from the house??
    Thanks.
    I dont think that the distance would be too much of an issue, the flow from the well might, assuming you have an open loop system (extract water, pass it through the heat pump then discard the water) I would imagine that an installer would prefer to install a closed loop system and sink a new borehole rather than try to use an old well .

• Advertisement

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭liberty 2007

Hi
    I'm wondering, has any consideration been given to or study been carried out on the store of heat in the ground and if and when it would be exausted. ie. does the pump have to work harder in march then in december?

Hi
    I'm wondering, has any consideration been given to or study been carried out on the store of heat in the ground and if and when it would be exausted. ie. does the pump have to work harder in march then in december?
    I imagine it would, but I have no firm figures, unless the system uses deep bore collectors into an aquifa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lelah49

Hi there, I am just putting the finishing touches to my house that I built in a rural are and I have put in both a heat pump and a solar panel. I am not living in the house but for th last two months the pump has been working to dry out the house and keep it from getting damp. it is currently at between 15-19 ( I've kept the temp low as dont need it any higher) degrees and has cost me about 70 euros over the two months. I am now increasing the heat which will take a bit and will let you know the actual cost of it as like your family I was very uuncertain about installing one - my father is in construction and he was very unsure but he seems to be coming around. will keep you posted

Ragazza wrote: »
    Hello, I am looking for a person living in a new house with a heat pump system installed. or someone who knows someone. I am designing a house for my parents. They are a bit dubious about the Heat Pump. My brothers insist you can't go wrong with oil,:confused: and think the heat pump is a con and you will never make your money back.:mad: (They are not construction professionals and as I am a girl, what would I know.:mad: :mad: :mad: I am an Architectural Technition)
    We are building this house for my parents to retire to, they will not have much of an income and I believe spend once now rather than over and over again in the future.

Mum and Dad want to hear from the horses mouth that this system works.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭liamolaighin

lelah49 wrote: »
    Hi there, I am just putting the finishing touches to my house that I built in a rural are and I have put in both a heat pump and a solar panel. I am not living in the house but for th last two months the pump has been working to dry out the house and keep it from getting damp. it is currently at between 15-19 ( I've kept the temp low as dont need it any higher) degrees and has cost me about 70 euros over the two months. I am now increasing the heat which will take a bit and will let you know the actual cost of it as like your family I was very uuncertain about installing one - my father is in construction and he was very unsure but he seems to be coming around. will keep you posted
    Hi there I was wondering if you have gotten any running cost figure at this stage for your geothermal. I notice you posted around a year ago and was wondering how it has been going since as I'm thinking about going with geothermal myself now on a 3,200 sq/ft new build?

What kind of insulation did you use in walls and roof?

Did you use any airtight membranes or tapes etc?

Are you happy with your system and do you have an idea how much it costs to run per year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 doncon

Hi Evergreen, do you still have that excell sheet, could you pm it to me please

Advertisement