Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offsetting Carbon Emissions

Options
  • 29-08-2006 5:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭

I'm looking to offset my flight emissions for this year and was wondering if anyone has any advice.

Before anyone says it, yes I know if I were really green I wouldn't fly at all. My excuse is that I'm currently living in a different country to my girlfriend so I've flown a lot this year.

I believe there is some controversy over offsetting emissions. Any opinions?
    I was thinking of going with this company: http://www.climatecare.org/
    Anyone used them? Or is there a better way?

Thanks.
    Punky

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

rather than buying credits you could:

1. volunteer to help with local tree planting in your area this winter.

2. make a donation to Oxfam who have a scheme to plant trees in African countries, so a donation to them would have a dual effect, and possible tax implications for you too.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Convince someone to not buy an SUV.
    SUV sales here offset a wind farm every month.

Advertisement