Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to bring electricity outside?

Options
  • 24-02-2021 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

So I am looking for a way to plug in an extension lead outside but I have no outdoor sockets so ideally I think a cable that would be plugged in inside and run out a window, however i dont want to leave my window open all the time so is there a flat cord i could get?
    I've seen some for American plugs but nothing for irish plugs only round cables.
    Can anybody advise me where I could get something like that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭RandRuns

The best way is to drill through the back of an existing socket inside, and mount an external socket outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭MAULBROOK

kdogkeith wrote: »
    So I am looking for a way to plug in an extension lead outside but I have no outdoor sockets so ideally I think a cable that would be plugged in inside and run out a window, however i dont want to leave my window open all the time so is there a flat cord i could get?
    I've seen some for American plugs but nothing for irish plugs only round cables.
    Can anybody advise me where I could get something like that?

Do not do that its very very dangerous.
    Get a outdoor rated socket fitted its your only safe option.
    Please dont feck around with power cables.

Advertisement