Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos RIP thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭mossy464

MikeD22 wrote: »
    Anyone know why nearly everything on the website is listed as out of stock? Is it to do with covid or what?

Noticed lots of TVs out of stock or at least those that appear to be bargain prices.

Looking for a 43inch LG TV and thought I'd found a bargain with this one but out of stock.

https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2029199/Trail/searchtext%3ELG+TV.htm

Same before and when it was back in stock the price was higher. Not sure why

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

mossy464 wrote: »
    Noticed lots of TVs out of stock or at least those that appear to be bargain prices.

Looking for a 43inch LG TV and thought I'd found a bargain with this one but out of stock.

https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2029199/Trail/searchtext%3ELG+TV.htm

Same before and when it was back in stock the price was higher. Not sure why

Any similar priced 4k TV's in stock in Argos??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

vicwatson wrote: »
    Is checkargos no longer? Is there another?

I miss it so much. It's ridiculous not being able to find out where stock is bar one by one. its torturous

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Checkargos showed how little/no stock was available on many of their headline deals as well as documenting their constant price fluctuations which showed up many of their discounted offers as a bait and switch tactic rather than real discounts.

I am surprised it took them so long to break checkargos.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Does Argos actually have any stock anymore? Anything I've checked the stock for over the past few months has shown out of stock. Is it just me?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

DareGod wrote: »
    Does Argos actually have any stock anymore? Anything I've checked the stock for over the past few months has shown out of stock. Is it just me?

They have stock, but it appears not as much. Some items can be ordered in certain stores and not others, which makes no sense.

I have found that prices are now at the top end (poor UK to Euro conversion), plus they have very few actual discounts (even less that have stock), that coupled with the awful dated web site with the poor search facility.

In Ireland, it's a badly managed business that could do so much better in the current climate (in, get your stuff, out).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,289 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Probably worth mentioning that on XBox and PS4 you can now pick up EA Access for €25 for a year which includes FIFA 20 as well as a plethora of other EA games.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭hjr

I was playing around with the argos site, and I think if you type the name of the store into the search box, then it will give you a list of all the stock for that store.
    I've checked a good few items and it seems to work! So for example, if you type Sligo into the search box, it'll bring up all items currently in stock in Sligo. Can be handy for seeing whats available.
    I also searched for Sligo Bookcase and it only brought up bookcases that were in stock in Sligo....just thought this might help someone else!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

There’s a few lenovo tablets listed on sale but no availability in any stores as far as I can see

• Advertisement

There’s a few lenovo tablets listed on sale but no availability in any stores as far as I can see

I find that with a lot of stuff on argos.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

The pricescanner site is becoming a chore now with all these 2% reductions, I'm on page 166 on mobile now and no end in sight.

Edit: 1376 mobile pages and most are 2% reductions.
    I didn't go through each page, I edited the page number in the address bar and went up in increments of 100 until I got the "page not found" error.
    That's over 13,000 products reduced by 2% today, what's the point in that?

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭kenyard

corsav6 wrote: »
    The pricescanner site is becoming a chore now with all these 2% reductions, I'm on page 166 on mobile now and no end in sight.

Edit: 1376 mobile pages and most are 2% reductions.
    I didn't go through each page, I edited the page number in the address bar and went up in increments of 100 until I got the "page not found" error.

Probably all the vat reduction of 2% so.
    Everything they had in stock probably reduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

kenyard wrote: »
    Probably all the vat reduction of 2% so.
    Everything they had in stock probably reduced.

That sounds about right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

I'm not sure if their system is down, but I tried reserving 3 different items this afternoon which were available for collection next week, and all I received were blank emails with no reservation number

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭uli84

Not fair that checkargos no longer works, in the UK similar sites operate no problem :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

I'm not sure if their system is down, but I tried reserving 3 different items this afternoon which were available for collection next week, and all I received were blank emails with no reservation number

If there is no reservation number It will not be ordered. Sometimes happens when end of line stuff is out of stock

• Registered Users Posts: 40,150 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

uli84 wrote: »
    Not fair that checkargos no longer works, in the UK similar sites operate no problem :(

checkargos was a private site done by a boardsie nothing to do with argos itself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭uli84

checkargos was a private site done by a boardsie nothing to do with argos itself

Yes i know but the UK ones are also private I believe, ah nevermind, huge pity though, was best site ever

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭daheff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

daheff wrote: »
    €28.53 on your link? where are you seeing it for 24?

He posted that a month ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭James Delaney

DubDJ wrote: »
    He posted that a month ago.

Argos are fartin round with their prices & availability of sale items.

Some Sale items (not available for reserve) increased day after viewing them.

I Reserved a washing machine 2weeks ago - On Wed (2 days ago) advised no further stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭daheff

Argos are fartin round with their prices & availability of sale items.

Some Sale items (not available for reserve) increased day after viewing them.

I Reserved a washing machine 2weeks ago - On Wed (2 days ago) advised no further stock.

In my experience they seem to discount the price of stock thats no longer available (might have had 1 or 2 they sold off cheap to get rid), but leave that price on the website. Really annoying when you think you've got a bargain only to find no stock

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

daheff wrote: »
    In my experience they seem to discount the price of stock thats no longer available (might have had 1 or 2 they sold off cheap to get rid), but leave that price on the website. Really annoying when you think you've got a bargain only to find no stock

Yeah I've found the same, although it's not marked as clearance it's usually items dropped in price enough that they would be considered a bargain that are low on stock when they go on offer. The VAT changes has made it difficult with bargains. Everything is a "Great new price" even though it's usually only a euro or two in the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

corsav6 wrote: »
    Just to note, its more like a 1.6% reduction.

Something which was €100 before vat was €123, now its €121.

123-1.6%=€121.032

I remember some companies using this trick to make deals sounds better. e.g. Sony were giving you the VAT back on TVs.

So people getting one for €1000 thought it would be a refund of €230.

But its really (€1000/123)*23=€187

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Cheers, excellent piece of kit. I've been using a few of these for a long time with no issues. Absolute steal at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Cerco

Great price. They are very reliable, easy to set up and work a dream.
    Great find watchman.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Cheers for this, using 3 of these and never had an issue.

Hey guys are there 2 of these in the box,does one plug in to the router via ethernet cable and does the other one plug in to the wall any where in the house or outside shed to extend wifi ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

bassy wrote: »
    Hey guys are there 2 of these in the box,does one plug in to the router via ethernet cable and does the other one plug in to the wall any where in the house or outside shed to extend wifi ??

No, single plug only, allows you to plug say a lamp into it and the control it via the App, switch lamp on, off, program times for it to come on etc. I also use it for the xmas lights, very handy to use Google to switch them all on and off etc.

Advertisement