Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recent Visitors...

• 29-09-2009 12:47pm

"The last 10 visitors to this page were....Capt'n Midnight, chatterpillar, daveyboy_1ie, docentore, hurdehur, Katarn1, PinPointer02, robdig, sdonn, The Walsho"

When I log in I usually check my user page to find my last few posts, in case there's a thread i've forgotten that i posted in or whatever. The above quote is what greeted me this afternoon, and it just got me thinking, why were these people visiting my page? With the exception of chatterpillar, I can't think of any reasons why the above posters would drop in. I've never even heard of half of them.

I can't remember ever visiting anyones page except for Kiera, Silverfish and liah cos i wanted to find good posts they'd previously made. Is that the case here? Is it a form of cyberstalking?

Am i just paranoid?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭DevilsBreath

you’re not paranoid your just shifty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Am i just paranoid?

Yes.

And if they have invisible mode on, they could be looking at your profile and you wouldn't even know.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

You know you can automatically subscribe to a thread by posting in it?

Unfortunately, I have just provided a demonstration.

*unsubscribes*

stovelid wrote: »
    you wouldn't even know.

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

It means they want to sleep with you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

"The last 10 visitors to this page were....Capt'n Midnight, chatterpillar, daveyboy_1ie, docentore, hurdehur, Katarn1, PinPointer02, robdig, sdonn, The Walsho"

When I log in I usually check my user page to find my last few posts, in case there's a thread i've forgotten that i posted in or whatever. The above quote is what greeted me this afternoon, and it just got me thinking, why were these people visiting my page? With the exception of chatterpillar, I can't think of any reasons why the above posters would drop in. I've never even heard of half of them.

I can't remember ever visiting anyones page except for Kiera, Silverfish and liah cos i wanted to find good posts they'd previously made. Is that the case here? Is it a form of cyberstalking?

Am i just paranoid?
    I'm sorry for wasting your time :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I just checked out your page $hifty.

I think I might do it every morning now since it unsettles you so.

Maybe I'll even do it at night when you're asleep. ;)

Be seeing you soon buddy.

Real soon.
    Heh! Heh! Heh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Who else clicked on OP's profile? :D

Do we have the first case of VPW (visitor page whoring) on our hands here...

stovelid wrote: »
    Do we have the first case of VPW (visitor page whoring) on our hands here...
    donmeister wrote: »

Thats not what i was trying to achieve, although i knew it would encourage a few ne'er-do-wells so i deleted the message left by chatterpillar. I'm not asking more people to visit it, just wondering why people already had.

• Advertisement

Kiera wrote: »

'Twasnt a waste. I was looking for a post you'd made on something, and couldn't find the actual thread, so found it via your profile page.

Thats not what i was trying to achieve, although i knew it would encourage a few ne'er-do-wells so i deleted the message left by chatterpillar. I'm not asking more people to visit it, just wondering why people already had.

You can actually hide the recent visitors section you know.

Well. at least make it visible only to your friends..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭An Fear Aniar

donmeister wrote: »

Me! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

They didn't want to see your page op, they mis-clicked on a thread and clicked yer user name instead

*evil laugh*

Now weep, WEEP with loneliness!!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Johnny Weasel

Your page is overrated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

I've made good posts...?

Why, who rated it?

Edit: @ Liah....yourself and Maguined were the only people making decent arguments in that "Assertive women are bitches" thread, imo.

You're just getting your profile views up:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭and2

My OH had visitors recently... have not had seks in a week :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

I've got a dodgy roller wheel on my mouse, I keep clicking on peoples profiles while I'm scrolling down - it doesn't mean I'm stalking you (I swear)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,119 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I've got a dodgy roller wheel on my mouse, I keep clicking on peoples profiles while I'm scrolling down - it doesn't mean I'm stalking you (I swear)

Isn't that what Gary Glitter said when they took him away?:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

When I log in I usually check my user page to find out if i got any new thanks. The above quote is what greeted me this afternoon, and it just got me thinking, why were these people visiting my page? With the exception of chatterpillar, I can't think of any reasons why the above posters would drop in. I've never even heard of half of them.

I can't remember ever visiting anyones page except for Kiera, Silverfish and liah cos i wanted to see some wimmins. Is that the case here? Is it a form of cyberstalking?

Am i just paranoid?

FYP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

I was told if you look at your profile good luck will occur, mystic meg lied

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I visit everybody's profile.

It's a mild case of OCD. So mild that it's not even OCD at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

I can't remember ever visiting anyones page except for Kiera, Silverfish and liah cos i wanted to find good posts they'd previously made.
    liah wrote: »
    I've made good posts...?

Aka seraching for mention of a boyfriend / husband.

That Silverfish has the geek-chic going on .. ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Yeah I never know half the people who've visited my profile page thingymajiggy.

I visit people if I think they're funny and want to look at there thanked posts (not mentioning any names :P); but hardly ever.

Stalkers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 827 ✭✭✭VinnyTGM

Doe's anyone else think that this is a plan by the OP to raise his/her page viewed count.?!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Why, who rated it?

Edit: @ Liah....yourself and Maguined were the only people making decent arguments in that "Assertive women are bitches" thread, imo.

Where is that thread :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Am i just paranoid?

Did you find it? My good post?

laugh wrote:

The what now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Fizman wrote: »
    It means they want to sleep with you.

<checks profile>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I visit people's profiles to look for n00dz

Kiera has yet to deliver :mad:

phasers wrote: »
    I visit people's profiles to look for noods

Jesus Christ, I'm slow.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I visit people's profiles to look for noods

Noods sound good!....

........ (how do you know if you've found one?)

brummytom wrote: »
    noods?
    Say it out loud child!

Say it out loud child!

Sorry :(

I guess I'm just far more innocent than everyone else here then

• Advertisement

Sorry :(

I guess I'm just far more innocent than everyone else here then
    It's ok, innocence is a good quality to have.

I'm just amazed you still have any left, you've been an AH regular for a while now

I visit people's profiles to look for n00dz

PM sent of my n00ds website ;)

It's ok, innocence is a good quality to have.

I'm just amazed you still have any left, you've been an AH regular for a while now

Ah there's far worse stuff on the internet than AH

... I should know, it's all in my favourites.

I'm a regular?! :eek::D

I'm a regular?! :eek::D
    You spend more time here than most, you're as regular as a high-fibre diet

Kiera: Got the link, very nice ;)

You spend more time here than most, you're as regular as a high-fibre diet

Kiera: Got the link, very nice ;)

True. I don't post as much at the moment, I'm more of a saddo/loner than regular. Fúckin mates having girlfriends!

I'd give you a link aswell.. but my webcam doesn't have a zoom function :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Elliemental

Am i just paranoid?

Maybe they accidentally clicked on your username when replying to a post. I have the world`s most sensitive touch pad on my lap top, and do that sort of thing all the time. So much as brush the touch pad, and it clicks on something. Right pain in the arse it is too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

The really clever stalkers stay in "visible" mode during the day then hit invisible mode when visiting your profile. :eek:

Also, recently discovered that moderators appear to have the ability to carry out profile conversations with people who aren't their friends even when you've locked down the page. double :eek: :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Also, recently discovered that moderators appear to have the ability to carry out profile conversations with people who aren't their friends even when you've locked down the page. double :eek: :eek:

Who would do such a thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Kiera making good posts??? MWAHAHAHA!!! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I can't remember ever visiting anyones page except for Kiera, Silverfish and liah cos i wanted to find good posts they'd previously made.

Oh thats why female posters have such high counts of random visitors. Yes .... looking for good posts.......with pictures I bet :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Switching between visible/invisible mode is frigging handy as a mod, depending on whether or not you want the person in question to know you are watching them. Paranoia can be a beautiful thing if channeled properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

'Twasnt a waste. I was looking for a post you'd made on something, and couldn't find the actual thread, so found it via your profile page.

Nice excuse. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Who would do such a thing?

Nope. But I'm pretty sure others aren't above it.

Edit: I thought you asked "Would you do such a thing?". To answer your actual question; "others".

laugh wrote: »
    Aka seraching for mention of a boyfriend / husband.

Silver fish is a chick?
    Silverfish wrote: »
    Did you find it? My good post?

PM sent of my n00ds website ;)

*Sits patiently by PM inbox*
    Grimes wrote: »
    Oh thats why female posters have such high counts of random visitors. Yes .... looking for good posts.......with pictures I bet :p

:pac:

Kiera making good posts??? MWAHAHAHA!!! :P
    :D oh wait.... :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement