Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does GMIT Computer Society still exist?

Options
  • 14-02-2007 8:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Is there still a GMIT Computer Society? Or at least any previous members willing to restart it? I'm currently studying EE in GMIT, and as has been mentioned in other threads, they're making it "easier" every year, so looking to something external for stimulation.
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Hey, what year are you in? I don't think its still around anyway. Didn't see any posters at the beginning of the year and haven't heard anything either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Vagrant

2nd year. I think that it's still on the Socs List, so it shouldn't be too hard to restart. Are you in GMIT as well? Willing to help with the restart?

I'm in year 3 now. I suppose I could help but its getting a bit late in the year really. Probably better off just starting next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Vagrant

I guess you're right, might have a talk with the SU socs people, find out what's needed to get it back on it's feet, with funding, if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

If your thinking about restarting the CS give me a shout as I'm still in the IT (hiding in my office in the IiBC) but still a student.
    Anyways the story with the CS is this:
    Its not dead as its still on the list of socs.
    It doesnt have any members tho.
    It has a website (was set up by a member last year).
    If your interested in meeting up and having a talk about the whole thing then give me a pm and we can arrange something.
    I know another guy who might also be interested in get it back on its feet.

• Advertisement

Is that Darragh by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

Yep that would be Darragh.
    He headed of to sweden today, ba*t*rd!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭deadbloke

You'd be hard pressed to get it up and running again, look at the disaster that was the engineering soc this year - over 100 names signed up, 6 people show up to the first meeting! Bust!

Advertisement