Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newspapers

• 31-07-2006 1:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭

Why is it that no newspaper i have ever seen can tell the truth without hyping the sh*t out of their stories.

Example:

Event: man arrested by accident by nosy cop with 1 hash plant in a house in northside.

Newspaper says: big time dealer was raided and an unknown quantity of cannabis and plants were taken from his north dublin home.he is suspected to have been involved with many major drug gangs

the papers are full of sh*t these days.especially bout the chap arrested in connection with the westies murder

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I like your tags

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭Tchocky

what papers are you reading?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Hype=sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Caco

I think it's because people are getting so desensitised and used to news stories that they have to blow stories WAY out of proportion just to catch the readers attention!

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭#Smokey#

the ususal papers. sunday world, evening herald etc.

ps. i like my tags too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

Fajitas! wrote:
    Hype=sales.

Yup...They have to do it or people won't be interested at all

LOL. Knob cheese.... SMEG!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭Tchocky

#Smokey# wrote:
    the ususal papers. sunday world, evening herald etc.

ps. i like my tags too

Well there ya go. Good to read if you want to mix the editorial with the reporting.

check out the guardian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

you are reading ****e papers

try The Irish Times. The words and articles may be longer than you're used to but, it is a better paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭#Smokey#

just read their report on the westies murder and thats lies too.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,,1825542,00.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Imagine the stories (or lack of) if they didn't lie all the time!

#Smokey# wrote:
    just read their report on the westies murder and thats lies too.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,,1825542,00.html

Tabloids seem worse than the broadsheets. They like to blow it out of proportion more and use harsher language to make everyone look like a criminal! Thats as far as I can see anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭spanner

it is funny though

Headlines in the sun was once "THE MOST EVIL DIOCESE IN THE WORLD" talking about wexford after the child abuse cases, if it wasnt due to child abuse I quite like the idea of living in the most evil diocese in the word

just laugh at them

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,341 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Caco wrote:
    Tabloids seem worse than the broadsheets. They like to blow it out of proportion more and use harsher language to make everyone look like a criminal! Thats as far as I can see anyway!

Broadsheet: Bush visits Dublin causing major traffic jams.

Tabloid: Bush invades Dublin! Many cars lost!

Advertisement