Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Apps and Blacknight domain without hosting

Options
  • 11-12-2020 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭

deleted

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭lordsheepface

Right. I have another question on this please. I'm sorry I deleted the original post.

So I have my domain with Blacknight. I have hosted DNS using BN nameserves. I have MX records setup to Google Apps (Workspace) for my email. That's all working fine.

I don't want a website but obviously people are going to go to www.mydomain.com at times when I give it out as my email address. I'd be happy with a blank holding page or redirect to google or another domain. The problem I seem to face is that BN seems to show a holding page full of ads by default (I know most providers do this).

Is there a way to have a blank / neutral hosting page with the hosted DNS, or is it required to buy hosting?

Thanks

Right. I have another question on this please. I'm sorry I deleted the original post.

So I have my domain with Blacknight. I have hosted DNS using BN nameserves. I have MX records setup to Google Apps (Workspace) for my email. That's all working fine.

I don't want a website but obviously people are going to go to www.mydomain.com at times when I give it out as my email address. I'd be happy with a blank holding page or redirect to google or another domain. The problem I seem to face is that BN seems to show a holding page full of ads by default (I know most providers do this).

Is there a way to have a blank / neutral hosting page with the hosted DNS, or is it required to buy hosting?

Thanks
    You can have DNS records for email and use the URL forwarding to point somewhere else
    If you need assistance please contact our Helpdesk directly

Hi Michele

Is there a page in the support knowledgebase which explains how to use URL forwarding please?

Thanks

Thanks. I assumed the web hosting reference with hosted domains brought me through a shopping cart. Didn't realise I could do this. Thanks for your help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement