Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part time science degrees

Options
  • 28-10-2014 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭

I'm working full time 9-5 and I'm stuck in a bit of a rut. I'm interested in science but I don't think I could afford to leave work and go to college full time. Are there science college courses that could lead to work as a lab technician that are part time/evenings only?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Pretty much every college/university would do such a course part-time.

Have a look at the respective institutional websites and come back to us with questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Whistlejacket

You may struggle to find part time science courses as due to the number of practical laboratory classes involved they don't tend to readily lend themselves to evening or part time schedules.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

There you go - two evenings per week:

http://www.it-tallaght.ie/index.cfm/page/coursept?id=196

Though it is Pharmaceutical Technology, so don't know if that is what you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

You may struggle to find part time science courses as due to the number of practical laboratory classes involved they don't tend to readily lend themselves to evening or part time schedules.

i found this to be true when i was looking for part time science courses, most dont offer p/t due to the hours required.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Seanachai

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    There you go - two evenings per week:

http://www.it-tallaght.ie/index.cfm/page/coursept?id=196

Though it is Pharmaceutical Technology, so don't know if that is what you want.

It turns out that it's a follow up course for science industry graduates or current employees. I'm starting from scratch, the reason I'm asking on Boards is I was hoping that people involved in the industry or currently studying could give some direct advice like which courses to stay away from etc. Thanks anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement